Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 08:04 AM
Aviak

Default Next patch.. status?

Where can I find information about coming patches to the game? Been waiting for what feels like an eternity for the 2hb thing to come, but not really seen any information about it actually coming, or if it's a washout.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

As per P99 tradition, they won't announce when the next patch will happen.

Stay tuned it will be out Soon™.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Get a warrior to 60 and you too can experience 2HB triple attack
Old 05-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Fire Giant

when its ready
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 05-02-2018, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Last patch was July of 2017 if I recall correctly. During my time on the project this certainly 'feels' like the longest it's been between patches, but I'm not sure. Hopefully Telin just being a perfectionist on Chardok 2.0 and making it run smooth as a boss with full quest implements.

I secretly hope they updated mana formulas and are in the process of re-tuning content to match suit. Would certainly take a long time.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last patch was July of 2017 if I recall correctly. During my time on the project this certainly 'feels' like the longest it's been between patches, but I'm not sure. Hopefully Telin just being a perfectionist on Chardok 2.0 and making it run smooth as a boss with full quest implements.

I secretly hope they updated mana formulas and are in the process of re-tuning content to match suit. Would certainly take a long time.
No patch on live ever went smoothly.
If they wanted real classic eq they'd release a half done patch with game breaking bugs, fix/break bards every other week and make cofs drop from newbie mobs in ec.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Speaking of live patches: Anyone remember the old patch window? Ahhh, I have some serious memories of staring very longingly at that update bar.

Getting this game back in 1999/2000, being extremely excited to play it, sitting down with a friend after the install... Only to be greeted with a multiple hour patch has got to be some real heinous, malevolent shit, SOE.

Edit: All on a 56K dial up modem. God forbid Becky Sue needed to call her boyfriend in the middle of the patch.
Last edited by d3r14k; 05-02-2018 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: Becky Sue Jean Tabernathy Jr.'s Emergency Phone Call
Old 05-02-2018, 04:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of live patches: Anyone remember the old patch window? Ahhh, I have some serious memories of staring very longingly at that update bar.

Getting this game back in 1999/2000, being extremely excited to play it, sitting down with a friend after the install... Only to be greeted with a multiple hour patch has got to be some real heinous, malevolent shit, SOE.

Edit: All on a 56K dial up modem. God forbid Becky Sue needed to call her boyfriend in the middle of the patch.
Ooooh I had forgotten about that. Worst was when patch day coincided with a day off from school when you were eagerly anticipating the chance to binge play EQ, only to discover the damn patch was going to end up taking most of the day.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

Shitposting in the launcher chat rooms waiting for the servers to come back up, like good little addicts.

Playing those infantry and tank games during the soe days, everyone yelling about EQ servers being down..

Good times.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Kobold

You’re supposed to have sat in MIRC desperately waiting for the server to come up