Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 11:34 PM
Kobold

Nilbog lies.

"
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."

"

But recreation of classic is making me happy. Thanks!

Thing that makes me most annoyed is folks who can't appreciate this enough to STFU when they feel like whining. Go away.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe its because I have quite a few friends in portland and the rest are still college students, but my facebook news feed has been nothing but "NEW STUDY FINDS 90% OF MEN WOULD RAPE IF THEY WOULDN'T GET CAUGHT" "Why male privilege is THE reason you aren't happy with your life," "If you're white, your opinion is completely invalid, here's why" articles for the last 2 years. Anyone that disagrees with them gets a fedora affixed to their head and a beard sewn into their necks.
same shit in san francisco. thankfully the most annoying ones are getting squeezed out by the tech industry
Old 01-27-2015, 12:37 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

whining about bards

get mad
Old 01-27-2015, 12:42 AM
Sarnak

Tryhards trying to be Furor 2.0 internet badasses.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetjan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog lies.

"
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."

"

But recreation of classic is making me happy. Thanks!

Thing that makes me most annoyed is folks who can't appreciate this enough to STFU when they feel like whining. Go away.

The thing that annoys me most is people crying about people simply expressing their opinion in a thread that asked for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Posts like this just illustrate what is meant by 'difficulty' or 'challenging' is completely missed by those who post them. No, maps did not make it easier to kill Nagafen for a raid already there. But without them, you can sure tell the difference between a player who knew SolB from one who didn't, couldn't you? The one who did was buffing people at giants while rogues drag the one who didn't from where they died to bats.

And that's what is being referred to. Things that allowed players to be differentiated from each other by their playing abilities, and that didn't just mean how much dps they did.

There WERE things that were pointless and safely removable without worry - spellbook meditation, for instance. But for the most part, convenience things that removed the need for players to become better players are not here and never will be here, and that's good. EQ was never about players who thought "being a perpetual noob" was a badge of honor. Classic EQ rewarded those who made an effort more than those who didn't, and that's what we want to maintain.
So basically removing the map allows you to more effectively be an an exclusionary elitest? That's the only benefit I can see from being able to tell who knows the layout of the area anymore. And how would using in game maps prevent a person from becoming a better player or from learning the areas any more than wiki maps do?

Also I am not saying I'm a perpetual newb and touting it as a badge of honor,I'm just being honest; I've never,not even in my years of live (late velious - gates of discord or Ldon, forget) made it to sixty and I am perpetually relearning the game.

Actually perhaps I should wear it as a badge of honor, means I haven't beens pending the last 20 years playing the same game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
since said people who don't understand server goals will prob not read my wall of text.

read my signature under my character names.
qq we've read it all before doesn't mean we have to agree that adding maps = making eq easy. That was just one of the changes that came along with the changes that ruiend the game for you apparent oldschool hardcores, and you get butthurt at anything that resembles Luclin and beyond, regardless as to whether or not it's what actually ruined the game (it didn't)
Last edited by Xer0; 01-27-2015 at 06:51 AM..
Old 01-27-2015, 06:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically removing the map allows you to more effectively be an an exclusionary elitest?
Haha, come on man. Horse is dead, stop kicking it.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by planeofdreams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, come on man. Horse is dead, stop kicking it.
I'll stop kicking it when they stop putting ir directly in front of my feet
Old 01-27-2015, 06:54 AM
Kobold

Arguments about the correct implementation of the in-game map function
Old 01-27-2015, 07:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arguments about the correct implementation of the in-game map function
All I've done is share my opinion in a thread that asked for it. Talk to the butthurt hardcores about their argumentative nature.

I mean honestly, it's not even as if I'm trying to get the map reimplemented, I'm just saying it was silly to remove it int he first place.

How shitty of a person do you have to be to get so bent out of shape over someone having a differing opinion?
Last edited by Xer0; 01-27-2015 at 07:46 AM..
Old 01-27-2015, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also if that's not classic why do we allow use of the wiki maps? Same feature, just not in game. Were wiki's a thing back then?
There were not Wikis, but there were various websites, which were sort of prototypes for Wikis.

But I agree. I just don't see the difference between plotting points and paths on a screen and doing it on paper. There was nothing at all about the ingame map that made the game easier.

Anyway, the philosophy I hate most is the general "classic" grognardism. Next is the Bard hate (just don't get it).
Last edited by myriverse; 01-27-2015 at 07:56 AM..
Closed Thread