Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Large Bat

You talking about straight up lifetaps or lifetap over time? I am having zero issues with straight up lifetaps Im level 41 and can land lifetaps on all Ravishing Drolvogs around KC, not sure how high they go. I do get Vampiric Curse resists though. Especially on West FP guards 33-35 ish? and Paineel Palace Guards 35-37 ish?

I have noticed that once I got over lvl 40 my resists are not as bad as they were 35-40. Altho this might be because I have restricted myself to mobs that are at least 5 levels or more below me.
Last edited by twolo; 03-31-2011 at 02:20 PM..
Old 03-31-2011, 04:23 PM
VIP / Contributor

Either. Are the resists limited to duration based lifetaps?

Currently they should not resist under any circumstances, if the mob is within the level limit. So I'm trying to see if something from out in left field is affecting resist rates.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 03-31-2011 at 04:26 PM..
Old 03-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either. Are the resists limited to duration based lifetaps?

Currently they should not resist under any circumstances, if the mob is within the level limit. So I'm trying to see if something from out in left field is affecting resist rates.
In the post I made (just 3 posts back) about life taps, I was referring to immediate life taps, not the over time variety. I definitely got at least one resist against an HG and I think there were actually two instances of this occurring, not just one. This is over the course of fighting quite a few Giants however.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Kobold

I have been in BW and Skyfire since open and though I have had alot of resists not 1 on a instant tap or a lifetap over time. Just so you know how rare that must be Uthgaard.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weald,

Just a bit before Kunark launch the resist modifiers on many spells were adjusted to classic levels as determined by searches of internet archives. Some Druid "insect" type spells were adjusted from the default EQEmu values of "-100" to something like "25", if I remember correctly. This caused a bunch of us to respond saying it was a mistake, but Uthgaard provided a link as proof. He is right, the classic values are not "-100" - they must have been changed at some later point. (heheh, maybe as a hack because they had a hard time tuning their magic system, who knows?)

In any event these adjustments (and the others alluded to), while correct for classic live and therefore correct for our server, are part of an overall magic system which of course includes code. The code for this server is a modified version of what people approximated classic EQ code to be like at some point post classic. So the resist adjustments are not necessarily in tune with the code base. This appears to be one of the factors in the "excessive resist" scenario. There may well be others - I am not a P99 dev, and I'm guessing at even this much.

Bottom line is that the resist adjustment for your Druid insect spells are correctly matching what was on Live during the classic era, though the live values since around 2003 or so (from what I can tell) are more lenient for the player.
Thanks mwatt, it seems excessive nonetheless, but as long as it's accurate then I have no qualm with the issue.
Last edited by weald; 03-31-2011 at 10:34 PM..
Old 04-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Why aren't you guys just logging resist/partial resist/no resist for every spell cast? Then you could parse the log and determine exact resist rates for whatever combination of mobs, players, zones, levels, whatever. I think a big part of your problem here is that we players as humans aren't very good at separating bugs from just bad luck, but if you have a log you can be very precise.

I imagine 500 casters in game on averge X 1 spell every 30 seconds X 200 bytes / message X 24 hours of logging. Should be less than a 1TB log unless I dropped a zero somewhere, and take 30 minutes to implement (although it would require a server reset I guess).
Old 04-01-2011, 03:20 AM
Kobold

Same here. I have some resists with my necro since last patch.

Dot, root were most resisted and i can t cast anything on yellow/red raid mob. Lifetap is resisted too.

I think its not classic.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

Resolved.
Closed Thread