Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 12:59 PM
Kobold

You can get a lot more than 50 extra HP replacing 25 CHA in gear with HP gear. It wont be an extra 1k hp but every bit helps when you are dealing with quadding summoning mobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now, Fashion Quest is undeniably a dark elf’s game...

PoG robe is sexy on a dark elf.
Truth but I am basically always in illusion anyways.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

I re rolled my enchanter at level 20 to go max charisma after falling into the max int, +5 cha trap. If you're only level 4, I recommend that you go for it.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can get a lot more than 50 extra HP replacing 25 CHA in gear with HP gear. It wont be an extra 1k hp but every bit helps when you are dealing with quadding summoning mobs.

The only time I illusion up is if I need the illusion for something (levi, gnome-vision, role-playing reasons... human form with PoD robe and stick, with a tome of discord to hand out? Amazing!)
Old 11-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

I kinda wish I went Tunare for that super cool Plane of Growth helm
Old 11-27-2018, 09:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a DE and I think racial hide is pretty worthless for the way I play. Long AFKs in places that you would need to hide (e.g., aren’t safe) aren’t super important. You can just camp. And hide is too inconsistent for charm breaks.
I agree about the charm breaks for sure. I managed to get a gazughi ring in my 30s or so, there’s no reason for me to use hide for charm breaks.

I do find it useful if/when sitting at long respawns so I can do other things and know I don’t have to check until timer-1 minute. Also good when in a “safe” spot that can be subject to trains or aggressive wanderers or whatever.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Part of the fun of the end game (to me) is discovering and identifying different gear paths. High elf with 25 CHA and 5 int provides (IMO) the most flexibility to allow for more +hp and +mana and resist gear while also maintaining high levels of charisma. It’s a min-maxing game, and good +charisma gear is harder to find than +int gear when you are killing VP and Velious mobs.

That being said, all that gear does for an enchanter is expand your margin for error. For example, doing Howling Stones at 1200 hp and 2500 mana (roughly my stats when I first entered HS) has a much smaller margin for error than doing it at 1900 hp and 3700 mana (roughly my stats now). It allows me to charm and survive charm breaks on tougher mobs in raid zones (Kael or PoG, for example). Certain charm strategies are also really only available when you hit a certain mana pool (Boltrans isn’t really viable at 2500 mana. Now it’s about the only charm spell I use).
as a 60 de enchanter who put 25 into sta, i agree to the post above

it sucks to be in a dilemma where you have to choose between hp or cha gear - with high elf and all points into cha you are MUCH LESS LIKELY to have this type of issue, gearing is pretty straightforward

as far as 200 cha vs. 255 cha, the diff is minimal but you just have to get over it mentally - the "what if i had 255 cha" may haunt u when you die from charm break at kings group or other tougher camps
Old 11-28-2018, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Stay runed, take the CHA. I'd say.