Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has been my experience. I always assume if a price is not listed, the seller is seeking a premium... which aside from laziness/apathy is always the case. You are not losing any more customers by listing a high price than you already are by listing no price. If it floats your boat though, have at it! ^^
This

As to why people don't list prices I am not sure, I always list prices and get undercut almost immediately, but I've never had trouble selling because of it, and like Thulack said listing can also result in better offers.

Had a friend who was a haggler who made good sense of gearing out his chars on the cheap, I just didn't have the tunnelquest patience myself.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

I don't list prices, because I like to sell my items fairly cheaply; however, if you post a price it gets locked eternally as the "going rate" on p99 auctions. That website absolutely ruined the prices of some of the less common tailored items and made it unprofitable for me to craft them.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That website absolutely ruined the prices of some of the less common tailored items and made it unprofitable for me to craft them.
the real fatcats are the sellers that backstab each other via undercutting
Old 08-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the real fatcats are the sellers that backstab each other via undercutting
Got to push product bro
Old 08-12-2016, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't list prices, because I like to sell my items fairly cheaply; however, if you post a price it gets locked eternally as the "going rate" on p99 auctions. That website absolutely ruined the prices of some of the less common tailored items and made it unprofitable for me to craft them.
Just spend a week or two grossly overcharging it until the average price you want is locked in the system. Do it from a few different alts too, that way it looks like a trend.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

I list prices 100% of the time but I have a very low tolerance for haggling/bargaining. I always invest a good amount of time figuring out reasonable prices based on a bunch of different factors like past listings, demand, rarity, etc.

I don't really mind the undercutting - anyone who's worked in sales knows that's just business as usual. You can play the Wolf of Wallstreet game or not - I've had success both ways. Sometimes people will pay a little more for my stuff just because when I tunnelquest I'm responsive and not a douchebag. Sometimes people will pay a little more just because they know who I am. Sometimes people will pay a little more just because they didn't see the other auction with a lower price. Barring all of that, there will always be another buyer after the undercutter sells theirs.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

My attitude when it comes to undercutting and all of that is let them, I'm not out anything if I don't sell right away, I'll just come back next week and try again.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

I've had this incident happen before and it happened again in the tunnel where I was selling an item for 700. It has sold for 700 for months now.

So I get a tell from someone using a pack-mule asking about the price. I tell them 700 and they reply back saying that the most they will pay is 600 and the item is only worth 500.

If the item as they put it is only worth 500 but the most they will pay is 600, then why are they asking about the price being 700?
Closed Thread