Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 04:27 AM
Kobold

Default Killed p1999 or not

So several things are afoot right now.. and while people seem to be trying to work out solutions to an end problem; maybe we should look at root cause. Since TMO bans / raid suspension happened we have seen an increase in server population.

The root of all of this however comes to greed. TMO is not guilty in this alone. We are guilty as a server.

I've been in group in hand room in KC with a monk.. and pawbuster spawns and we pull and kill it. Group insists on rolling for the pip which the monk needs for said epic. I, the cleric, won roll and gave up my loot right to the monk. That was also when I left the group and I will never group with those 4 people again. This extends to raids.. if something is rotting that guilds cant sell and mains dont need.. they either loot for MQ to sell or delete the drop - rather than pass off to perhaps someone in another guild who might need (I never MQd in live, and never had to pay an obscene amount of money to loot an epic piece that was just going to rot anyways).

I guess a partial fix to this would be to completely stop all MQ's all together, then impose some play nice policy about deleting loot..etc... which of course means CS staff would have to monitor drops and what happens with them etc.

A second problem is this having alts everywhere BS. Which this would take a 2 part fix:
a) don't allow any zones with raid encounters allow players to be bound there
b) any player that logs into a zone with a spawned raid mob - automatically gets ported to "safe" area of neighboring zone.

I have probably overlooked some loopholes that can be exploited in these, and in the cases of plane of hate, players can be sent to EC or something. This means guilds have to be more competitive and use tactics (within play nice policy of course).. as in first come first serve, no training.. etc.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppdanny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The root of all of this however comes to greed. TMO is not guilty in this alone. We are guilty as a server.
Speak for yourself. I am not greedy. The issues on this server are not my fault in any way.

The GMs are handling this very well. The server will be even better in a few weeks when all this has been settled and the solution is in play. It will be even more awesome when we can enjoy Velious, from its launch, with these issues already put to bed.

Don't go blaming the whole server.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:37 AM
Fire Giant

owned
Old 01-03-2014, 04:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I am not greedy. The issues on this server are not my fault in any way.

The GMs are handling this very well. The server will be even better in a few weeks when all this has been settled and the solution is in play. It will be even more awesome when we can enjoy Velious, from its launch, with these issues already put to bed.

Don't go blaming the whole server.
This ^
Old 01-03-2014, 04:55 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppdanny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will never group with those 4 people again
name those 4 assholes, please
Old 01-03-2014, 05:07 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
name those 4 assholes, please
Seen this happen myself, disgusting.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:13 AM
Fire Giant

kids like yourself go back to school soon from winter break; dont worry pop will drop back down. Plus once the non-hardcore raid for a month or two theyll burn out and all this shit will be over.

Shit If/once Velious comes out everything going on here will be even more moot.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
So several things are afoot right now.. and while people seem to be trying to work out solutions to an end problem; maybe we should look at root cause. Since TMO bans / raid suspension happened we have seen an increase in server population.

I've been in group in hand room in KC with a monk.. and pawbuster spawns and we pull and kill it. Group insists on rolling for the pip which the monk needs for said epic. I, the cleric, won roll and gave up my loot right to the monk. That was also when I left the group and I will never group with those 4 people again. This extends to raids.. if something is rotting that guilds cant sell and mains dont need.. they either loot for MQ to sell or delete the drop - rather than pass off to perhaps someone in another guild who might need (I never MQd in live, and never had to pay an obscene amount of money to loot an epic piece that was just going to rot anyways).

I guess a partial fix to this would be to completely stop all MQ's all together, then impose some play nice policy about deleting loot..etc... which of course means CS staff would have to monitor drops and what happens with them etc.

A second problem is this having alts everywhere BS. Which this would take a 2 part fix:
a) don't allow any zones with raid encounters allow players to be bound there
b) any player that logs into a zone with a spawned raid mob - automatically gets ported to "safe" area of neighboring zone.

I have probably overlooked some loopholes that can be exploited in these, and in the cases of plane of hate, players can be sent to EC or something. This means guilds have to be more competitive and use tactics (within play nice policy of course).. as in first come first serve, no training.. etc.
I bet you would roll on topor if it dropped in your group and the shamie needed it.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:46 AM
Skeleton

Why is Torpor 100k+ to begin with? That shit ain't classic!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is Torpor 100k+ to begin with? That shit ain't classic!
there wasnt 100,000 shaman alts in classic either. Everyone and their grandma has one.
Closed Thread