Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 05:51 AM
Large Rat

Default playing a warrior again.

I've been a warrior on eq live for 6 years and plan on never going back. Am I stupid rerolling another warrior on p99? Redoing epics.. relooting gear.. I have more fun/skilled with warriors than any other class. However I feel like I'm rewasting my life, perhaps I should just uninstall p99.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:02 AM
Sarnak

you are rewasting your life. enjoy it, quit, or go try it on the TLP that just came out because that server will progress to the point where a war is truely worth it. the late game on this server will make u hate the time u invested. IMHO. sorry.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Kobold

If you already feel like you're wasting your life, then leave. That's not me trying to sound harsh, but really... it's a game. If you aren't having fun, what are you doing playing it?

That being said... if you've played 6 years as a warrior in the past six years on Live... ahahaha, oh boy do you have another thing coming to you here. And it will be brutal. Classic Warrior is harsh. It hurts. It will punch you in the face until you want to kill yourself. With the skill cap change that dropped for Knights, coupled with the amount of twinks on the server... yeah, it will hurt. If your end game goal is high end raiding, warriors are great. But then you have to deal with the raid scene here, and not everyone is up for that.

Of course, if you truly love the warrior class (I can't blame you), and you're having fun, stick with it. Find a solid group of people to play with on a normal basis, that way you can all get into the groove for your aggro output, and have at it. Just do your best not to let the Knights get you down.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Large Rat

oh i know all the harshness of being a classic warrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Aviak

I too played a warrior on Live for 6 or 7 years. Started playing on Live a month before Kunark was released and started raid tanking a couple months prior to Velious release up until OoW (with a couple breaks thrown in). When I started playing on P99 in June I rolled a warrior again and have been enjoying it, but then again I could be a glutton for punishment. The reason why I am enjoying it is because I am seeing a different aspect of the game then I did on Live. I never fully experienced Velious on Live since I was part of the high end raiding scene.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

If you are enjoying yourself, you are not wasting your life. What else is it for?
Old 02-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Do you like working hard and then seeing the rewards? Go for it.

Does farming tons of plat to buy gear and equip the bare minimum acceptable gear and weapons as you progress from your 30's to 40's to 50's sound like no fun? Don't do it.

Some people like the grind of farming plat to gear yourself and then honing your skills along the way. Lots and lots of little objectives to reach and get that old EQ cheap thrill. Some people want to skip all that and see the game a little differently. One of these mentalities is good for a warrior and the other is definitely not.

Warrior is one of the more engaging/active classes on this server in terms of being on your toes during a fight, and one of the 2-3 most in demand classes. Anybody who tells you differently either hasn't played a warrior, or doesn't know how to play one.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

Being the most group-dependent class there is, with no mobility, you basically need to park your warrior in a hot zone and hope to find a group. Join a leveling guild as soon as possible, tanks are relatively scarce and they can help you get groups and ports to groups.

As others said, Warriors are in high-demand, and once you are raiding you will get taken care of in terms of gear. But my advice is start and play a warrior, but level a farming toon at the same time...that way, when you are LFG, you can log to your druid and xp a bit while you wait for a slot to open up.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being the most group-dependent class there is, with no mobility, you basically need to park your warrior in a hot zone and hope to find a group. Join a leveling guild as soon as possible, tanks are relatively scarce and they can help you get groups and ports to groups.

As others said, Warriors are in high-demand, and once you are raiding you will get taken care of in terms of gear. But my advice is start and play a warrior, but level a farming toon at the same time...that way, when you are LFG, you can log to your druid and xp a bit while you wait for a slot to open up.
I didn't think I'd respond in this thread again, but Brecon makes a good point. I have two classes that I've played for almost all 16 years I've been on live. One is my Warrior from the get go, the other was my Bard. (And this is still the case) I've suffered from Insomnia for almost 30 years now, so being able to hop on the servers at 4am and be able to do something other than the crazy slow-go that was the solo warrior.

Having a class you can hop on and solo with ease when the server is low on people will really save your sanity. Personally I'd go with a class that can either generate a nice handful of plat for your warrior, or one that can item hunt with relative ease.

Druid or Necro/Chanter wouldn't be bad choices.

But I'll echo what I and others have already said: If you aren't having fun, walk away.

EDIT: With that ProjectLFG page up now, I'd imagine you could put your alts name on there with the note of "Level X Warrior LFG" so you could get messages on your alt and hop over for the warrior to group.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uninstall
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread