Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Veksar would be a cool custom content.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by botrainer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Number of reasons the server pop is dying off.

1. Velious is end of the line.

2. To get any gear on this type of server you have to raid for 3 to 5 months to get 1 great item. Sell your soul to a free EMU server for 30 hours a week waiting to log in at a moments notice gets old for 1 White Dragon Helm or 1/2 NToV item(s) is not as fun as it was on live where you could collect your whole mains loot in 4 to 5 months.

3. Guilds playing by its own rules (see #2 as to why) as rare as the mobs are, the drops are even rarer so no one guild wants to work out a deal to rotate mobs with each other.

4. Broken unfixed quests, items, mobs, drops, etc. One difference from live to here is the staff isnt paid, and Live had many many more patches to fix problems that were simple, fast fixes to keep people on a roll. However, on this server we maybe get 3 to 5 hard resets a year, been nearly forever since we've had a hard reset with so many "pending" fixes ready to go that could make people happier.

5. Policing, this server doesnt have much of it anymore. GM's punishments dont seem to take much of a hold, and repeat offenders never really get tossed from the server for good. (aka the risk of losing an account dont mean much on P99, didnt pay monthly fees or pay to even open an account).

I believe #5 and #4 are the bigger problems that never seem to be addressed to well. With more patches after a number of easy fixes have been completed, and more hard resets (YES LIKE LIVE DID!) would help the players stay happier. Rather then seeing on the forums "Pending Update" for 7 weeks or longer.

Also if offenders on the server are removed and those offenders lose their account and Gms would actively reban returning offenders it would make the server healthier. Right now its a wild west that 70% of the server is not happy with.

I would love it if this server actually applied the Live rules. First time, 7 to 10 days, second time, 10 to 14 days, final time Banned. Currently people can train, and nothing will happen for weeks on end, and IF for the slight chance they do get busted, a GM just asks the guild to leave the zone give up the ONE mob, and the player's account gets 3 day break, which that offender just logs into another toon and keeps playing. Then that offender just puts in a petition to have it removed which you see that toon playing the same tricks the following night. Which I think people are tired of seeing too.
I think this is alot of it. Heck alot of the Rants and Flames worthy stuff is now making it over to Server Chat with people openly swearing among other things.

I don't know if it's the case here, but I remember a certain something on Fippy Darkpaw/a previous TLP server on live. Around the time velious came out, I finally decided to join a raid guild. Good guys and all, but finally got an idea of the mentality of the raiding/top-tier guildies.

Apparently, alot of them were just on the server for the sake of being on top, including making sure others never see the light of day on certain content. People running bot armies of SKs. Also more bot armies monopolizing certain camps (FBSS and Efreeti in classic especially). Porting across zones and such with certain programs. Hell the server died when one of the guilds used a program to port to and wake the sleeper in the dead of night and didn't get punished. (Died as in drastic server pop, i realized how much it progressed past that).

When I came here late Kunark/Late Velious, I seem to see alot of that, albeit reigned in with some rules, and now that's starting to or is falling apart. Can't tell because I haven't been on in a two months, but I'm seeing more fighting on RnF and it carrying over to Server Chat.

I like to think alot of the "top" guilds here have a love/hate relationship with the rules of this server. Love when it goes their way, hate when it doesn't. I guess that's why rules lawyering is a thing. But the "shits classic" excuse doesn't seem to fly when a person is sociopathic, 16 years of EQ knowledge including gameplay and experience, and would bring hell to the server if the rules didn't effect them. Heck, the situation seems to be amplified on Red where the GMs have openly acknowledged one guild turning the Red server into their personal stomping grounds and openly breaking rules since its onset.

Also probably doesn't help when lowbies are trying to level up/camp and someone comes along and says the passive aggressive or literal equivalent of "GET DUNKED" because they have their guild to fall back on i.e. antisocial clowns. I know there's been some personal bad experiences of my own, and all of them get protected by the "Calm down man, every guild has their clown!" excuse.
Last edited by jwargod; 12-07-2015 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: Forgot stuff about red.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Aviak

fallout 4
Old 12-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
velious is a shitty xpac
Old 12-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

I roll my eyes when I think of how much factioning is required. All part of the Velious experience of course, and it should keep people busy with alts etc for years to come providing it stays fun/interesting on whichever server you play on.

But yeah, I do get the feeling the mountain is too steep for the ultra casuals to stay in distance of the top folks with Velious, so much grinding to do just to get started [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

OMG ONE SLOW WEEKEND. EXTRAME PANICKZZZZ
Old 12-08-2015, 01:03 PM
Banned

time to load up on fungis and wait for the summer thaw
Old 12-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2015, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Here's an idea for custom content. Put Ssraeshza Temple in Veksar. No need to go to the moon, and the style of zone wouldn't be that far out of place.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The casuals will inherit norrath eventually.
On a long enough timeline, perhaps. Survival rate, &c.

If it makes y'all feel any better, Solusek's Eye has been pretty crowded the last couple of weeks. Three groups in there on weeknights, plus a couple of solos/duos, have been the norm.

Certainly the lower level game seems fine. Can't speak for you ToV farmers, of course.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Closed Thread