Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Fire Giant

Default Would a loan-my-necro initiative be a good idea?

I don't really play anymore, haven't for ages, even Velious couldn't change that, I just like keeping tabs on the pulse of the server and popping on to help newbs from time to time. Since you can no longer sell accounts, I was thinking of making a thread whereby people request a block of time to use my 59 necro to camp things in the world they want, say a new monk joins the server and wants an fbss, he can go camp it with the necro. Or a new warrior feels undervalued due to lack of gear, he could improve his lot in life with the necro. I'd always have the master account info, so the account password could be shared without risk of losing the account entirely.

Thoughts? Criticisms?

Possible ramifications?
Old 10-26-2015, 11:17 AM
Aviak

I'd think you would need some sort of screening process, otherwise someone who gets your account could use it for unsavory things and end up getting it banned or otherwise causing trouble. Bad apples will ruin it for those that would otherwise use it with good intentions.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:23 AM
Banned

Your account would get stripped and some troll would intentionally get you banned. Probably a terrible idea, but your heart is in the right place <3.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

I estimate that within 24 hours the account will be banned and you'll be getting phone calls from the man. Tread lightly.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:21 PM
Aviak

Since I don't get many opportunities to play these days I'd be more than happy to loan out my Necro to people in need. But while I dig the idea, unfortunately there is still the issue with trusting the people I don't know (which... is pretty much literally everyone right now considering I've only recently come back after 3 years).

There's just really no way to know if a stranger is going to steal gear and flip it, leave your corpse in the depths of some dungeon, train people by accident and make the world hate you, etc. :/

As the devs have said before, we're responsible for being wary of scams and whatever bad stuff happens when we give out account info.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

OP has RMT'd and this is day 1 of his "how do I get out of this?" strategy.

It's an interesting strategy, lets see if it works out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2015, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my 59 necro
nice way to get people to finish your grind to 60

do it
Old 10-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP has RMT'd and this is day 1 of his "how do I get out of this?" strategy.

It's an interesting strategy, lets see if it works out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What baseless and vile slander

I am disapointed in you Swish!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really play anymore, haven't for ages, even Velious couldn't change that, I just like keeping tabs on the pulse of the server and popping on to help newbs from time to time. Since you can no longer sell accounts, I was thinking of making a thread whereby people request a block of time to use my 59 necro to camp things in the world they want, say a new monk joins the server and wants an fbss, he can go camp it with the necro. Or a new warrior feels undervalued due to lack of gear, he could improve his lot in life with the necro. I'd always have the master account info, so the account password could be shared without risk of losing the account entirely.

Thoughts? Criticisms?

Possible ramifications?
Sounds like a nightmare for staff and everyone who would abuse it.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What baseless and vile slander

I am disapointed in you Swish!
Red has changed him. Dont mind him. But to your original post. I have friends on here for 4 years and i wouldnt even trust them with my account info. You are better off just moving on and letting the characters collect dust.