PDA

View Full Version : BDA to Phinigel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Sodors Finest Poster
09-14-2016, 03:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eGYoUT0.jpg

Raev
09-14-2016, 03:56 PM
Was that Orruar? Would give a small amount of fucks to hear that.

skarlorn
09-14-2016, 04:16 PM
The shittiest part of this thread is raev.

Swish
09-14-2016, 04:26 PM
Lot of talk coming from a guy with 14.5k forum posts that knows the forum rules like the back of his hand and openly and blatantly broke one of the most well known rules there is and got himself suspended for being a shithead.

You will never live it down Swish. I promise. Might as well retire this account (For real this time) and start fresh. Just try not to repeat the same boring BDA bullshit that literally nobody else cares about over and over again ad nauseam or people will instantly know who it is.

You bump this thread almost daily. Thread is boring and cyclical. Do you remember what happened on any given page? Apart from you saying something without any substance to bump the thread to prevent it slipping out of the 10 most recently posted threads and Kushie reminding us what page we made it to now.

I just enjoy the circus act BDA performs, nobody takes your accomplishments on an instanced content server seriously and you're up to the eyeballs in RMT.

jcr4990
09-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Lot of talk coming from a guy with 14.5k forum posts that knows the forum rules like the back of his hand and openly and blatantly broke one of the most well known rules there is and got himself suspended for being a shithead.

You will never live it down Swish. I promise. Might as well retire this account (For real this time) and start fresh. Just try not to repeat the same boring BDA bullshit that literally nobody else cares about over and over again ad nauseam or people will instantly know who it is.

jcr4990
09-14-2016, 04:41 PM
REMINDER:

https://i.imgur.com/9rIu7dW.png

BDA PAYS MONEY TO PLAY THIS

inb4 "u can rmt for your subscription" as a defense

Nothing on Phinny even comes close to having that much stat inflation. That item even requires lvl 80 and 60 is the current cap on Phinny. Nice try at a troll post but u failed pretty hard sorry.

derpcake
09-14-2016, 04:45 PM
Was that Orruar? Would give a small amount of fucks to hear that.

no

the gnome necro one

arsenalpow
09-14-2016, 04:59 PM
highlighting the poz for u

https://i.imgur.com/0VWjAPc.png

now explain calmly to me how that isnt for buying the item itself

That's the button to buy stuff to make your armor or weapons look different. If you want your robe to have a dick pattern all over it there's probably a skin for that.

Fuddwin
09-14-2016, 04:59 PM
now explain calmly to me how that isnt for buying the item itself

It's for buying the ornament that goes in that specific slot... smh

khysanth
09-14-2016, 05:32 PM
lol @ responding to big ol japan, literally swish forum account

LostCause
09-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Nothing on Phinny even comes close to having that much stat inflation. That item even requires lvl 80 and 60 is the current cap on Phinny. Nice try at a troll post but u failed pretty hard sorry.

you realize down the road it will right?

server will die at somepoint all TLP do

LostCause
09-14-2016, 05:46 PM
what is it every 12 weeks for a new xpac?

youll be in gates of discord by the end of 2017

skarlorn
09-14-2016, 05:56 PM
Fact is, all members of BDA who began afresh on Phinny are human scum with vacant real lives.

How else can you explain their sickness, their need to level back up to sixty and begin clearing the same raid content anew? When will it end for these permafat neckbeard scum?

jcr4990
09-14-2016, 06:03 PM

Ya I never said it won't. I personally have no intention of playing beyond OoW (Xpac #8) at the very latest DoDH (#10) that's where I quit on Live. The item dumbass jpn linked is from House of Thule (#17)

Ravager
09-14-2016, 07:29 PM

So? That's when it's time to find something else to do. EverQuest isn't the be-all end-all you clowns make it out to be. Even Zeelot found something else to do. It's a big world out there.

Nibblewitz
09-14-2016, 07:45 PM
I remember being on the disciplinary committee after he sniped the 8th ring turn-in. Even though his actions were deplorable and kick-worthy, it was decided that he should stay because his raid attendance was so high.

skarlorn
09-14-2016, 07:54 PM
I remember being on the disciplinary committee after he sniped the 8th ring turn-in. Even though his actions were deplorable and kick-worthy, it was decided that he should stay because his raid attendance was so high.

when, if ever, did BDA's disciplinary committee function for the sake of justice, and not just protecting the loot council's interests?

arsenalpow
09-14-2016, 09:04 PM

oh fuck right off, don't make me go pull some officer forum posts

skarlorn
09-14-2016, 09:08 PM

please, don't fuck off. please, do pull some officer forum posts.

Relbaic
09-14-2016, 09:41 PM

I'm not sure you're the best person to judge other peoples character.

jcr4990
09-14-2016, 10:00 PM

Sick burn dawg

entruil
09-14-2016, 10:18 PM
their need to level back up to sixty and begin clearing the same raid content anew?

while i agree with sentiment of this thread both for classic and sack chasin instance (can apply to both i suppose)...

leveling,grinding, "getting to 60" is only a function of new emu server ....

daldaen can explain and destroy... but he wouldnt destroy... this that thing, that thing that, that thing that we love... if not we in the wrong spot... ya heard?... `- ~'

entruil
09-14-2016, 10:19 PM
many whelps left side... lol ok peace...

bdastomper58
09-14-2016, 10:46 PM

press the button chest

launch them bombs

nhdjoseywales
09-15-2016, 08:46 AM
The question I'm trying to get at is what potentially mathematically outputs a higher damage value in terms of specific, measurable numbers: 35 rogues in high-end gear or 70 rogues in low-end to mid-end gear?

I'm not asking about managing players as officers or looking at variance in player skills. I'm asking this question from a theoretical controlled environment and am asking about the mathematical data. Does gear matter so much in EverQuest that mathematical output of player in high-end gear surpass mathematical output of two players in low-end to medium-end gear? Obviously, it does vary by class, but I'm using rogues as an example to look at because the role's purpose is DPS and can be measured with a mathematical value.

From a mathematical perspective in a theoretical, controlled environment, does the value of one high-end rogue surpass total mathematical output of DPS surpass the total mathematical output of 2 low-end to medium-end rogues?

looking at parses on our last Tunare it appears it takes 3 low end rogues to equal 2 high end rogues. this is on a mob like tunare where positioning and ae are not a factor. add in ae's and the low end rogues simply melt away from the parse either from dying to an ae i can sit thru easily or because they have to dodge the ae i easily sit thru. if you are zerging something with unlimited numbers maybe its not important but thats not the game we are playing. instances have limits on how many people you can bring. the limits drop lower in future xpacs. Why would anyone think its smart to use 6 dps for example when 4 will do the same or better dps and then you can add some more heals, tanks, or utility? im sure you are gonna dance around and shout how you were right about the ratio, but the ratio we threw out was an estimate, you flatly said you would take more people over less and that's just fucking retarded.

For the record, i also did parsing on test last night with diff weapon combinations to see how much each did. Each test was done with buffs/stats similar to what i would have on live vs a lvl 70 training dummy mob for 15 minutes each (yeah not that long)

Myro+MHT 245 dps 1619 atk

MHT+Ragebringer 235 dps 1673 atk

Ragebringer+Frozen Shard (a popular combo among non TOV geared rogues) 175 dps 1673 atk

burkemi5
09-15-2016, 08:56 AM
Myro+MHT 245 dps 1619 atk

MHT+Ragebringer 235 dps 1673 atk

Ragebringer+Frozen Shard (a popular combo among non TOV geared rogues) 175 dps 1673 atk

Rogues on Phinny can put out 245 DPS? That's double and even triple some of the rogues on p99. What's the deal w/ the huge difference?

Sodors Finest Poster
09-15-2016, 09:03 AM
Now that BDA is on Phinigel can we have access to all BDA forum logs?

Is that like, P99 public domain now or something?

arsenalpow
09-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Rogues on Phinny can put out 245 DPS? That's double and even triple some of the rogues on p99. What's the deal w/ the huge difference?

I'd assume it's different damage tables entirely. I kick for a shit ton on my monk and that was never the case on p99. Things are different but it's still balanced. Protection of the Mighty and Mitigation of the Mighty makes even Kunark dragons challenging. Trak is not a joke who dies in 30 seconds, it's a fight that requires solid execution, as is the case for most encounters when you aren't throwing 72 bodies at something (BDA rolls with 60+ with 4-6 boxes in that count)

Raev
09-15-2016, 09:38 AM
I have to kind of snicker when I see Chest talking about zerging.

nhdjoseywales
09-15-2016, 09:41 AM

Well technically thats a Phinny toon testcopied to live test attacking a training dummy type mob in the arena. Live/phinny has innate damage aa's you get as you level up that increases melee damage. This is somewhat offset in xp situations by the lowered xp rate Phinny gives and is offset in raid situations by increased mob hit points and mitigation of the mighty buffs that reduce incoming damage, increase outgoing damage, and lower player resists by 40 or so.

arsenalpow
09-15-2016, 10:01 AM
I have to kind of snicker when I see Chest talking about zerging.

Not sure why. BDA pulled numbers on p99 during primetime hours but we usually didn't run as deep as the more active raiding guilds. Definitely didn't have deep numbers in Velious compared to everyone else.

feanan
09-15-2016, 10:14 AM
best part is they can have ~9 months of fun on phinny, and all come back here and be in the same position as before they left.

stagnant server is stagnate

zanderklocke
09-15-2016, 10:26 AM
What are dragon fears and other AEs like on Phinigel vs P99?

I'm assuming not as ridiculous for Velious mobs?

Spyder73
09-15-2016, 10:52 AM
Not sure why. BDA pulled numbers on p99 during primetime hours but we usually didn't run as deep as the more active raiding guilds. Definitely didn't have deep numbers in Velious compared to everyone else.

What a f#cking joke – The entire reason for the zerg guilds we see in Velious is because everyone had to merge to meet Taken and BDA numbers

arsenalpow
09-15-2016, 10:53 AM
What are dragon fears and other AEs like on Phinigel vs P99?

I'm assuming not as ridiculous for Velious mobs?

Even with protection of the mighty which reduces your resists, with 200+ MR you have a good chance at resisting a fear. We've killed Zlandi and Klandi easily, but we haven't messed around with Sont because the ROI isn't worth the time spent.

Just like p99 there's only a handful of AEs you just can't take, we fight through almost everything minus Zlexak, sometimes Nev, sometimes Vulak, and some ST ancients.

Man0warr
09-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Velious Dragon Fears on Phinny actually work like they did in 2001.

Zlandikar's Stun Breath isn't an AE (single target proc) like it is on P99 either.

Raev
09-15-2016, 12:46 PM

I seem to remember you killing Faydedar with 80+ after breaking the rotation . . .

xKoopa
09-15-2016, 12:53 PM
80 man fay lol

Did they manage to train themselves? I remember bda always having zerg numbers and training themselves/other guilds(that ikitiar early velious in particular was hilarious)

skarlorn
09-15-2016, 01:39 PM
I seem to remember you killing Faydedar with 80+ after breaking the rotation . . .

Do you practice being a bitch so it's easier to get fckd in the a$$, or is it just your personality?

Raev
09-15-2016, 02:02 PM
Skarlorn, this site does not contain trigger warnings for the easily rustled such as yourself, so I suggest you click on 'posts' and check for my name to avoid inadvertently encountering information that would disturb your cult-like BDA-centric world view in the future.

Pokesan
09-15-2016, 02:13 PM
name a guild that shit all over the raid scene then RMT'd off the server

maskedmelon
09-15-2016, 02:26 PM
Umm

Can I have three guesses?

Nibblewitz
09-15-2016, 02:30 PM
Say my name. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_DASt7hDs)

Ravager
09-15-2016, 02:40 PM
We can ignore the fact that this is a blatant lie since Lorean is ignoring the fact that Rampage frequently zerged with 100+.

skarlorn
09-15-2016, 02:42 PM
Skarlorn, this site does not contain trigger warnings for the easily rustled such as yourself, so I suggest you click on 'posts' and check for my name to avoid inadvertently encountering information that would disturb your cult-like BDA-centric world view in the future.
So it's ur personality, got it.

Get better soon.

Raev
09-15-2016, 02:53 PM
So it's ur personality, got it.

Get better soon.

The goal in RNF is rustle your opponents, not make them wonder whether your reading comprehension is above the 5th grade level.

Pumpedup
09-15-2016, 02:58 PM
name a guild that didn't shit all over the raid scene then RMT'd off the server

maskedmelon
09-15-2016, 03:01 PM

Oo oo oo oo oo! I got this one!

Peace Pipe!

What do I win? ^^

skarlorn
09-15-2016, 03:13 PM
The goal in RNF is rustle your opponents, not make them wonder whether your reading comprehension is above the 5th grade level.

your cult-like BDA-centric world view in the future.

Lol this pedant just iced himself. Way to use reading comprehension to surmise I'm cult like pro bda.

Let's start a check list of raevs qualities

*bitch
*pedantic
*worse fanfic writer than spyder73
*genuine handwringer
*cringe lord

Flaming aside, please stop posting here Raev. Seeing your truly pathetic posts boil to the surface is like watching a 15 year old MLP fan boy with a (((towering intellect*))) fedora tip his way into lifelong virginity

jcr4990
09-15-2016, 03:59 PM

TMO? Rampage? Surely you aren't talking about BDA who as far as I can tell the only thing they did "wrong" was "break" a player made raid rotation slightly before the P99 staff forced it to break anyway. It takes some Swish level mental gymnastics to go from that to "shit all over the raid scene"

I give up. What's the answer?

Ravager
09-15-2016, 04:04 PM
TMO? Rampage? Surely you aren't talking about BDA who as far as I can tell the only thing they did "wrong" was "break" a player made raid rotation slightly before the P99 staff forced it to break anyway. It takes some Swish level mental gymnastics to go from that to "shit all over the raid scene"

They're right, you're wrong. That's the answer. Just start agreeing with them and maybe they'll stop posting.

Nibblewitz
09-15-2016, 04:08 PM
If you do that again, Big J, I think you will open a wormhole.

khysanth
09-15-2016, 04:13 PM
i thought i was spending $10bux on an item but it turns out i only got a "skin" or some cosmetic shit that i need to put on an actual item

nhdjoseywales
09-15-2016, 04:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6p0Y5Qj.png

reminder

that you are too fucking stupid to understand what you can and cannot buy in game?

i dont think anyone needed that reminder but we appreciate the effort from a "special" person like yerself

Raev
09-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Lol this pedant just iced himself. Way to use reading comprehension to surmise I'm cult like pro bda.

Let's start a check list of raevs qualities

*bitch
*pedantic
*worse fanfic writer than spyder73
*genuine handwringer
*cringe lord

Flaming aside, please stop posting here Raev. Seeing your truly pathetic posts boil to the surface is like watching a 15 year old MLP fan boy with a (((towering intellect*))) fedora tip his way into lifelong virginity

http://i.imgur.com/YF2XFw3.gif

Pokesan
09-15-2016, 04:30 PM

they also steal a ring 8

Phantasm
09-15-2016, 04:34 PM
After disregarding 295 pages I think the saddest thing is that Swish is indeed still alive

Damn

maskedmelon
09-15-2016, 04:40 PM
After disregarding 295 pages I think the saddest thing is that Swish is indeed still alive

Damn

How it feel to be rustled so hard as a ruslter? ^^

jcr4990
09-15-2016, 05:29 PM
they also steal a ring 8

Sick burn dawg

Are u gonna give us the answer or leave us in suspense?

Pokesan
09-15-2016, 06:19 PM
Sick burn dawg

Are u gonna give us the answer or leave us in suspense?

OK man I was gonna let it go with a joke but since you insist on tangling with the Poke

Do you think it's at all okay to play this server, for years, for free - and then once "done" - recruit for another server on these forums?

Do you have so little respect for Rog, Bog, and the Sirkdawg?

Not classy

LostCause
09-15-2016, 07:13 PM
WTS kronos x900

jcr4990
09-15-2016, 07:51 PM
OK man I was gonna let it go with a joke but since you insist on tangling with the Poke

Do you think it's at all okay to play this server, for years, for free - and then once "done" - recruit for another server on these forums?

Do you have so little respect for Rog, Bog, and the Sirkdawg?

Not classy

I'd likely still be playing on the server if they didn't allow the raid scene to become such a festering pile of shit. It would take such little effort to DRASTICALLY improve it and they refuse to do anything to fix it. Pretty much every single person that is or has ever been involved in endgame raiding knows how broken the system is and year after year nothing really gets changed. They once had my respect but they kinda lost it tbh. Sorry not sorry.

Still not sure which guild shit all over the raid scene and RMT'd off the server. Are u ever gonna give us the answer or just keep dodging? My hunch is you're talking about TMO or Rampage but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Pokesan
09-15-2016, 08:36 PM
I'd likely still be playing on the server if they didn't allow the raid scene to become such a festering pile of shit. It would take such little effort to DRASTICALLY improve it and they refuse to do anything to fix it. Pretty much every single person that is or has ever been involved in endgame raiding knows how broken the system is and year after year nothing really gets changed. They once had my respect but they kinda lost it tbh. Sorry not sorry.

Still not sure which guild shit all over the raid scene and RMT'd off the server. Are u ever gonna give us the answer or just keep dodging? My hunch is you're talking about TMO or Rampage but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Are the rest of you BDA people on board with this?

jcr4990
09-15-2016, 09:27 PM
Are the rest of you BDA people on board with this?

I think the list of people that DON'T agree with that would be shorter. I could be wrong though /shrug

Pokesan
09-15-2016, 10:02 PM
I think the list of people that DON'T agree with that would be shorter. I could be wrong though /shrug

Let them speak for themselves. I've joked around a lot with you guys but I think (most of) BDA is better than that.

skarlorn
09-15-2016, 10:17 PM
What could be done so easily to dramatically improve raid scene?

Ravager
09-15-2016, 10:21 PM
Remove raid mobs.

arsenalpow
09-15-2016, 10:23 PM
p99 raid scene is irreparably fucked, there's no fixing it at this point without massive intervention from the staff and the toxic entities at the top that can't play nice

Ravager
09-15-2016, 10:29 PM
p99 raid scene is irreparably fucked, there's no fixing it at this point without massive intervention from the staff and the toxic entities at the top that can't play nice
Anichek could fix it. Someone should give him the keys to the castle.

jcr4990
09-15-2016, 10:48 PM

This has been discussed over and over again in countless threads on these forums over the years. Different people have different opinions but the most popular options that I saw and personally agree with was to automate the earthquakes that Rogean does every so often. Ask any raider on P99 and they'll tell you that earthquakes are the most fun. Every guild gets a shot at relevant content cause the top 2 guilds can't lock down every important target at the same time. Despite TONS of requests in thread after thread to my knowledge Rogean has never acknowledged this request one way or another. At one point in time we were promised I think 1-2 earthquakes per month? I forget the exact numbers. When's the last earthquake P99 has had? Would you say you're getting anywhere near even 1 per month? How hard do you think it'd be for Rogean to automate an earthquake once or twice a month?

Another thing that a LOT of people were/are in favor of is reducing variance. Another super easy fix that would eliminate 16 hr tracking windows which is one of the biggest barriers to entry for the smaller/casual raiding guilds. NOBODY wants to screenshare track and stare at a wall waiting for a mob to pop for 16 hours at a time. There's only a handful of people on the entire server willing to do it and they're all clustered in the top 2 (maybe 3?) guilds. If windows were 2 or 4 or even 8 hours long it would drastically improve other guilds willingness to participate and actually contest raid targets. If windows were 4 hours I'm willing to bet BDA would still be on P99 right now. Everyone got burned out trying to track multiple 16 hr windows every week and who can honestly blame them? Even 4 hours is longer than I want to spend staring at a wall waiting for a dragon to spawn to be quite honest.

There's a lot of other routes the P99 staff could take to remedy the situation but they've demonstrated time and time again that they aren't interested in fixing it.

It's definitely fixable but yes it would absolutely require staff intervention. It doesn't seem to me that they're interested in fixing it though. Anybody remember the "guild summit" and all the fixes that resulted from that? Oh wait...

Ravager
09-15-2016, 10:56 PM
Another thing that a LOT of people were/are in favor of is reducing variance. Another super easy fix that would eliminate 16 hr tracking windows which is one of the biggest barriers to entry for the smaller/casual raiding guilds. NOBODY wants to screenshare track and stare at a wall waiting for a mob to pop for 16 hours at a time. There's only a handful of people on the entire server willing to do it and they're all clustered in the top 2 (maybe 3?) guilds. If windows were 2 or 4 or even 8 hours long it would drastically improve other guilds willingness to participate and actually contest raid targets. If windows were 4 hours I'm willing to bet BDA would still be on P99 right now. Everyone got burned out trying to track multiple 16 hr windows every week and who can honestly blame them? Even 4 hours is longer than I want to spend staring at a wall waiting for a dragon to spawn to be quite honest.
This would have lowered the barrier to entry, but it wouldn't fix things. There'd still be a clusterfuck of 300 people all trying to do the same thing at once.

Pokesan
09-15-2016, 10:59 PM
Haha, looks like I was wrong.

BDA is completely fine with using these forums, for a game the played for free for years - to undermine and bitch about the volunteer staff, because they didn't get the changes they wanted in the raid scene.

Very classy

jcr4990
09-15-2016, 11:37 PM
Haha, looks like I was wrong.

BDA is completely fine with using these forums, for a game the played for free for years - to undermine and bitch about the volunteer staff, because they didn't get the changes they wanted in the raid scene.

Very classy

I'm not sure if pointing out lack of action in fixing a raid scene thats nearly unanimously agreed to be completely broken is bashing. Maybe it is? I didn't single out any specific staff member and I don't have any problems with any of them individually really. I do think their lack of willingness to fix the issues people have had for YEARS with the raid scene is a little ridiculous. Not just BDA but the vast majority of the server. If that doesn't fit Pokesan's definition of "classy" then I just might have to cry myself to sleep tonight :(

Can we get an answer to this plz? The suspense is killing me

skarlorn
09-15-2016, 11:43 PM
This has been discussed over and over again in countless threads on these forums over the years. Different people have different opinions but the most popular options that I saw and personally agree with was to automate the earthquakes that Rogean does every so often. Ask any raider on P99 and they'll tell you that earthquakes are the most fun. Every guild gets a shot at relevant content cause the top 2 guilds can't lock down every important target at the same time. Despite TONS of requests in thread after thread to my knowledge Rogean has never acknowledged this request one way or another. At one point in time we were promised I think 1-2 earthquakes per month? I forget the exact numbers. When's the last earthquake P99 has had? Would you say you're getting anywhere near even 1 per month? How hard do you think it'd be for Rogean to automate an earthquake once or twice a month?

There's a lot of other routes the P99 staff could take to remedy the situation but they've demonstrated time and time again that they aren't interested in fixing it.

It's definitely fixable but yes it would absolutely require staff intervention. It doesn't seem to me that they're interested in fixing it though. Anybody remember the "guild summit" and all the fixes that resulted from that? Oh wait...

Didn't read.

1) ur too shitty to raid here
2) I don't care

Though arsenalpow s measure that top dogs r too mean is funny given that he decided to kill a rotation purely for greed.

Pretty good post

Pokesan
09-15-2016, 11:47 PM
I'm not sure if pointing out lack of action in fixing a raid scene thats nearly unanimously agreed to be completely broken is bashing. Maybe it is? I didn't single out any specific staff member and I don't have any problems with any of them individually really. I do think their lack of willingness to fix the issues people have had for YEARS with the raid scene is a little ridiculous. Not just BDA but the vast majority of the server. If that doesn't fit Pokesan's definition of "classy" then I just might have to cry myself to sleep tonight :(

Can we get an answer to this plz? The suspense is killing me

Bashing is an odd word, I'd definitely describe it as disrespectful. Recruiting on these forums for another server because you didn't get the changes you demanded - yeah I would say that's pretty small and spiteful.

You know it's a free game, right? BDA played here for a long time. I don't know why you would do that if you weren't having fun doing so.

jcr4990
09-16-2016, 04:08 AM
this was a really naive post. the same group of 60 ppl will probably just batphone between servers with constant sentries on every target on both. burn it down

No I hate to say it but for once I agree with you. There was an idea floating around for a while of splitting Blue99 into 2 different servers. One server would be FFA raiding as it is now (Or Class C pre-velious) and the other server would be a staff enforced OR hardcoded rotation server for casual raiders. I understand why some people were skeptical of the idea and didn't want to split the community.etc but I still to this day think it would be a great solution to the problem. Why not let Hardcores and Casuals both have what they want?

Again I believe it comes down to staff not caring about the raid scene at all OR they like 16 hr poopsocks with screenshare trackers and FTE races regardless of how the majority of players feel.

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2016, 04:32 AM
No I hate to say it but for once I agree with you. There was an idea floating around for a while of splitting Blue99 into 2 different servers. One server would be FFA raiding as it is now (Or Class C pre-velious) and the other server would be a staff enforced OR hardcoded rotation server for casual raiders. I understand why some people were skeptical of the idea and didn't want to split the community.etc but I still to this day think it would be a great solution to the problem. Why not let Hardcores and Casuals both have what they want?

Again I believe it comes down to staff not caring about the raid scene at all OR they like 16 hr poopsocks with screenshare trackers and FTE races regardless of how the majority of players feel.

I'll say the same thing I said about Luclin/PoP. (I realize this isn't in development and won't be with current management and I am fine with that.)

You open the server, make it optional. You either /transfer or roll there or you don't. If the server fails, you allow transfers and shut it down. I realize the community still "splits" regardless of it being voluntary or not, however I think this would have been to the projects benefit back when it peaked critical mass.

The time to do this was at critical mass, to grow the project possibly. Now? I don't think either raid class/rotation split, or a Luclin/PoP box make any sense with current population.

But there is no reason to force anything on anyone as far as I know. You just make it optional.

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2016, 06:27 AM
damn just admiring that woke post. additional servers opened during peak pop and peak raid scene with chance to grow 2 large raid scene servers.

< ------- u see the name. u kno the game.

nhdjoseywales
09-16-2016, 08:26 AM

Here is the rogue parse from last Sunday's Tunare. Vespen is a new rogue with seb dirk/epic, Sharpy/Naudee have Vulak/Tunare/Epic. This is a rare parse where Sharpy beat Naudee.

#6 Sharpy 31k@109 (175 in 177s) [3.32%] ---
#10 Naudee 27k@97 (154 in 178s) [2.95%] ---
#11 Ramminarr 25k@89 (142 in 178s) [2.72%] ---
#14 Talanaa 23k@80 (127 in 179s) [2.44%] ---
#17 Froogle 21k@75 (118 in 180s) [2.28%] ---
#22 Vespen 18k@63 (93 in 191s) [1.91%]

And our last Tormax just because i topped it :P

#1 Naudee 47k@128 (129 in 364s) [5.4%] ---
#6 Tossing 38k@103 (105 in 360s) [4.33%] ---
#7 Talanaa 38k@102 (111 in 339s) [4.31%] ---
#11 Ramminarr 31k@84 (86 in 360s) [3.57%]

Daldaen
09-16-2016, 08:50 AM
Velious mobs all have this buff right?

[47490] Mitigation of the Mighty IV
Target: Self
Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
Focusable: Yes
Casting: 0s
Duration: 120h (72000 ticks) Song, Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: No
Hate: 1
1: Increase Corruption Counter by 9999
2: Absorb Spell Damage: 20%
3: Absorb Melee Damage: 20%
4: Absorb DoT Damage: 20% over 0
Mitigates incoming damage.

So the actual damage you're capable of doing is 20% more than those parses?

burkemi5
09-16-2016, 09:00 AM
Here is the rogue parse from last Sunday's Tunare. Vespen is a new rogue with seb dirk/epic, Sharpy/Naudee have Vulak/Tunare/Epic. This is a rare parse where Sharpy beat Naudee.

#6 Sharpy 31k@109 (175 in 177s) [3.32%] ---
#10 Naudee 27k@97 (154 in 178s) [2.95%] ---
#11 Ramminarr 25k@89 (142 in 178s) [2.72%] ---
#14 Talanaa 23k@80 (127 in 179s) [2.44%] ---
#17 Froogle 21k@75 (118 in 180s) [2.28%] ---
#22 Vespen 18k@63 (93 in 191s) [1.91%]

And our last Tormax just because i topped it :P

#1 Naudee 47k@128 (129 in 364s) [5.4%] ---
#6 Tossing 38k@103 (105 in 360s) [4.33%] ---
#7 Talanaa 38k@102 (111 in 339s) [4.31%] ---
#11 Ramminarr 31k@84 (86 in 360s) [3.57%]

It makes sense... I'm sure SoE/ Daybreak has altered the base combat code so much over the years that it's easier to dole out buffs like this to players and NPCs alike instead of trying to recode it to how it used to be. I was just surprised. At least it sounds like NPCs are tuned to accommodate for the additional DPS. I'd be curious about EXP groups. 250 DPS would melt just about any mob in Kunark/ Velious.

burkemi5
09-16-2016, 09:01 AM
It makes sense... I'm sure SoE/ Daybreak has altered the base combat code so much over the years that it's easier to dole out buffs like this to players and NPCs alike instead of trying to recode it to how it used to be. I was just surprised. At least it sounds like NPCs are tuned to accommodate for the additional DPS. I'd be curious about EXP groups. 250 DPS would melt just about any mob in Kunark/ Velious.

Any mob outside of raid targets that is, like a dvolarg sentry, I meant.

nhdjoseywales
09-16-2016, 09:25 AM

yeah, its pretty sick on trash. when i do out of group dps at outer castle in velks for people i have to just not backstab or i end up ks'ing a good bit even if their chanter has a champ charmed. 823 max backstab is sweet :)

nhdjoseywales
09-16-2016, 09:28 AM
Velious mobs all have this buff right?

[47490] Mitigation of the Mighty IV
Target: Self
Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
Focusable: Yes
Casting: 0s
Duration: 120h (72000 ticks) Song, Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: No
Hate: 1
1: Increase Corruption Counter by 9999
2: Absorb Spell Damage: 20%
3: Absorb Melee Damage: 20%
4: Absorb DoT Damage: 20% over 0
Mitigates incoming damage.

So the actual damage you're capable of doing is 20% more than those parses?

i believe there are different versions of that buff with different percentages that are applied to diff expansions. there was an issue when velious launched where some mobs had the kunark version of mark which made them really hard to kill. im not sure which version velious mobs have, i can check tonight.

arsenalpow
09-16-2016, 09:32 AM
Ya it scales. For old world stuff it's MotM 1, Kunark is MotM 2, Velious is MotM 3, Luclin will be 4. Most targets also do Protection of the mighty which reduces everyone's resists, and then everything also does Mark of the Old Ways which nerfs pet damage so people can't Mage pet zerg everything.

Fights are still challenging. Vyemm and AoW are always dicey.

nhdjoseywales
09-16-2016, 09:35 AM
Any mob outside of raid targets that is, like a dvolarg sentry, I meant.

I suspect this is part of the reason xp rates are lowered on Phinny. People get all hung up on the amount of xp they get per kill but they seem to fail to notice they kill a lot more stuff a lot faster than they would back in the day.

nhdjoseywales
09-16-2016, 09:38 AM
Ya it scales. For old world stuff it's MotM 1, Kunark is MotM 2, Velious is MotM 3, Luclin will be 4. Most targets also do Protection of the mighty which reduces everyone's resists, and then everything also does Mark of the Old Ways which nerfs pet damage so people can't Mage pet zerg everything.

Fights are still challenging. Vyemm and AoW are always dicey.

we had a really rapey vulak wih ranger sword and shield not too long ago.

yeah the pet debuff is interesting. it allows a certain number of pets to engage the mob without penalty and then after number x all pet damage is lowered across the board so it becomes a hindrance to stack pet classes like they did on ragefire and lockjaw

Anichek
09-16-2016, 02:58 PM
Anichek could fix it. Someone should give him the keys to the castle.

App was reviewed, some chit chat may or may not have occurred, and then I was given the cold shoulder.

Anichek
09-16-2016, 02:59 PM
Say my name. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_DASt7hDs)

Hi Nibble.

skarlorn
09-16-2016, 03:34 PM
The best way to fix the raid scene on p99 is to stop raiding and stop playing your raid toons. Then you can level a new toon from scratch with no twinking.

it's the best part of the game, my dudes

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2016, 03:35 PM
^ auxillary woke

Daldaen
09-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Almost into page 300. I look forward to hearing about Luclin.

Vex Thal as an instance is going to suck balls though, I do feel bad that you won't have an opportunity to park CotH bots for VT. Clearing through sucked but doing a CotH clear was good fun.

nhdjoseywales
09-16-2016, 04:07 PM
Almost into page 300. I look forward to hearing about Luclin.

Vex Thal as an instance is going to suck balls though, I do feel bad that you won't have an opportunity to park CotH bots for VT. Clearing through sucked but doing a CotH clear was good fun.

at least no respawns in instances tho. im sure all the guilds will have cothbots in open world

Man0warr
09-16-2016, 04:34 PM
Haven't played on test, but hopefully it's like ToV where some of thetrash is despawned associated with bosses when returning to the instance.

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2016, 04:43 PM
I just realized the main reason we will never see luclin/pop released in any form under the P99 banner (on a char-copy separate server with a separate brand) is because this project is 110% closed source which means they can't just pick up a few work horses to push it out over the next few years.

and unless we shoot nilbog full of Adderall, his interest in expacs he self-admittedly had no fun in isn't happening.

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2016, 04:46 PM
because I always wondered why not just hire some volunteer sperglords and let them put their name on the project while you crack the whip on their backs and make them design luclin.

Closed source. Cant just take any geek off the street. If the project wasn't closed it would open up more hiring opportunities for future expansion but it would also denigrate the P99 brand forever as the unsavory coders leech and leak to other projects.

Kushie
09-16-2016, 05:18 PM
I got banned for 2 weeks because I spoke about Staff RMT. My last 25 posts were deleted, what did I miss?

Kushie
09-16-2016, 05:19 PM
Also welcome to page 300

Nibblewitz
09-16-2016, 05:19 PM
Hi Nibble.

What is up my dude? I hope you are still 10% RA over on Phinny!

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2016, 05:48 PM
and unless we shoot nilbog full of Adderall, his interest in expacs he self-admittedly had no fun in isn't happening.

Hash tag up. #AdderallForNilbog

skarlorn
09-17-2016, 07:27 PM
sad thing bout phinny is there's no community. that is why they keep posting here.

Oleris
09-18-2016, 01:58 AM
Loving phinny so far. Almost fully geared out only raiding exclusively instanced content Thursday and Sundays only. Can't wait for Luclin and POP.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/3650472

and if you are looking for a more stable, non batphone, raid schedule check out Resolute. We go 5:30 -9:00 p.m. Pacific Thursday and 3:00 -9:00 p.m. Sundays. We will add Tuesday once Luclin comes out in a couple weeks. We get so much gear I'd say 50% of the stuff is rots or go to alts right now. Only a couple items go for more than 2 weeks worth of DKP.

http://eqresolute.com/forums/index.php

Krycek
09-18-2016, 03:07 AM
+1 for Resolute. Luclin soon! Can't wait to make my beastlord.

AzzarTheGod
09-18-2016, 03:59 AM
UPDATE: the neon "buy now" button on every item's stat page is not for purchasing the item itself, it is for purchasing cosmetics! that means playing phinigel is highly dignified!

had to shower with fucking magnolia flower extract body wash and other weird flower stuff...allergies killing me now w/ the ragweed burden.

anyway just wanted to say this was a great update from the front lines of Phinigel.

Swish
09-18-2016, 10:42 AM
Which instanced isolated Norrath will you choose?

zanderklocke
09-18-2016, 12:22 PM

If I could play on an instanced server with a decent population that ended at Velious, I'd be there in a second. For a game designed to be PVE, who cares about getting kills over someone else if you are both capable of taking down the mob with your respective guild? "Competition" in EverQuest is meaningless; it's not a PVP game at its core.

Nibblewitz
09-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Tell us some more about <Resolute>.

Do they have a loot council?

Do they have psychological complexes from playing on p99?

Pokesan
09-18-2016, 12:40 PM
is it really everquest if you can't affect other players in any meaningful way

skarlorn
09-18-2016, 12:43 PM

arsenalpow
09-18-2016, 12:55 PM

You really want to talk about psychological complexes ?

Ravager
09-18-2016, 12:57 PM
I hear Red is good for that.

Ravager
09-18-2016, 12:58 PM
What do you mean? Give me 3 examples of affecting someone in a meaningful way in a video game.

Nibblewitz
09-18-2016, 01:00 PM
You really want to talk about psychological complexes ?

I think they can have explanatory power.

skarlorn
09-18-2016, 01:19 PM
It's easy to pick on one lonely gnome with a herd of lackeys at your back chest. Never forget that you are also a man with unfulfilled desires that you seek to fill by investing an alarming amount of time and energy into herding neckbeards through raid content that was trivialize a decade ago.

Better check your group think before you feel so self righteous.

Pokesan
09-18-2016, 01:32 PM
What do you mean? Give me 3 examples of affecting someone in a meaningful way in a video game.

did you never make a friend or enemy over player actions in a shared space?

but ya :rolleyes: everything is meaningless :rolleyes: good post idiot

Anichek
09-18-2016, 02:01 PM
What is up my dude? I hope you are still 10% RA over on Phinny!

More like 0%. I've got a character, that's about it.

No time to play, and where I'm staying Wi-Fi is barely capable of handling downloads let alone playing games or streaming video.

AzzarTheGod
09-18-2016, 04:52 PM

I heard this dunk from 5 blocks away

Oleris
09-18-2016, 05:18 PM

Only thing loot counciled are ancient spells (2x a week from Vulak currently) which go to the highest RA for that class.

Zero drama, no batphones, instanced content. You can say it's not EQ and WOW, but it fits very well with working full time.

Ravager
09-18-2016, 07:58 PM

I see no examples of a meaningful affection. Don't call me an idiot because I'm calling you out on your bullshit. There's nothing you call meaningful that can't be accomplished on an instanced server. It's not my fault that you get salty that people can have fun doing something on another server. 3 examples, state them here.

entruil
09-18-2016, 08:17 PM
hahah never read... bda went to phinigel... good luck guys have fun... hahahhahahahahah.... /shrug...

propose phased cross-server raiding where if red raid has no competition and a blue team won there rv to rv funtyme race for same mob... or maybe during race... zone gets merged and red's can slaughtr all the carebears ... might lose raid mob , but carebear stare is defeated....

should of just said carebear stare but meh...not proofreading just hitting quick reply... good luck...

skarlorn
09-18-2016, 08:24 PM
I see no examples of a meaningful affection. Don't call me an idiot because I'm calling you out on your bullshit. There's nothing you call meaningful that can't be accomplished on an instanced server. It's not my fault that you get salty that people can have fun doing something on another server. 3 examples, state them here.

1 pick pocketing other people's mobs
2 all open world content affects ecinomy
3 two different groups vying for mobs in one "dungeon"

Idiot.

Ravager
09-18-2016, 08:49 PM
1 pick pocketing other people's mobs
2 all open world content affects ecinomy
3 two different groups vying for mobs in one "dungeon"

Idiot.
Why is this meaningful? What's the purpose behind it that gives it meaning?

Pokesan
09-18-2016, 09:02 PM
doubling down on the everything is meaningless idea

okay dude enjoy arbys

skarlorn
09-18-2016, 09:08 PM
U trina fucc wit me play boy
Finna tucc u n Plato
Meaning is fixed to stories and shit
If it makes RNF hot then the meaning is lit

Ravager
09-18-2016, 09:22 PM
doubling down on the everything is meaningless idea

okay dude enjoy arbys
Didn't double down on anything, I singled down on the original request, which you didn't address.
U trina fucc wit me play boy
Finna tucc u n Plato
Meaning is fixed to stories and shit
If it makes RNF hot then the meaning is lit
And I'm the idiot.

Ravager
09-18-2016, 09:30 PM
well said
Quote me all you want on that one.

Pokesan
09-18-2016, 09:33 PM
I'm the idiot.well said

Pokesan
09-18-2016, 09:34 PM
also you are technically correct it was actually tripling down (:

namaste

skarlorn
09-18-2016, 09:45 PM
Sry u struggle with keeping up. Nxt time we talk I'll be sure to K. I. S. S.

Ravager
09-18-2016, 09:46 PM
also you are technically correct it was actually tripling down (:

namaste
Not one example given. Don't be sad you're time here is meaningless, just accept it and move on.

jcr4990
09-18-2016, 09:50 PM
I like the assbackwards thinking around here that pixels on a deadend topheavy stale server are somehow more important than pixels on a TLP. Takes some serious mental illness to truly believe that.

Pokesan
09-18-2016, 09:52 PM
I like the assbackwards thinking around here that pixels on a deadend topheavy stale server are somehow more important than pixels on a TLP. Takes some serious mental illness to truly believe that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecc0nbg9m-8

Pokesan
09-18-2016, 10:25 PM
where can I play to get the most important pixels? what matters to me is the importance of the pixels. please advise

the most important pixels are from the cash shop

stats aren't very meaningful in everquest, especially when zerging

skarlorn
09-18-2016, 10:30 PM
I fixed your post to be like a retard didn't wrote it

when u think of something and bae does it first
http://i.imgur.com/K2RDVJL.jpg

entruil
09-18-2016, 10:34 PM
everquest is so much more than that... need pantheon though so we can get lost in misty thicket again...

can't really blame people that been through it and surmized...

i dont support instanced servers but gottuh move on at one point... stay peaceful strugglin for the noobs to b forever lost and noobee'ing...

rich dad poor dad... time is money ... whats your time worth... just shitty day when eq is included in that timeline...

#eqnoob4eva... dont even know what number symbol has to do with it unless your forward lookin in the past... in,ex,in,ex... aaldoran(sp) faction expert could explain this idea so much better and im *GHOST* ... cept im drunk =(

entruil
09-18-2016, 10:34 PM
when u think of something and bae does it first

dont know wtf but you are right ... i typed and then seen you in the middle of that and... leave rest to ya'll mf's

entruil
09-18-2016, 10:36 PM
bael'gun failures... ehhehe teehee

AzzarTheGod
09-18-2016, 11:46 PM
the most important pixels are from the cash shop

stats aren't very meaningful in everquest, especially when zerging

I feel like I'm levitating as I read this post.

jcr4990
09-19-2016, 01:28 AM
where can I play to get the most important pixels? what matters to me is the importance of the pixels. please advise

You're mostly correct. I was simply mocking those that claim that Phinny pixels "don't matter" insinuating that Dead99 pixels matter cause they gotta shit in a sock for 16 hrs before they loot them.

Flawed logic yawl

entruil
09-19-2016, 02:09 AM
hHHnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhh..... 20$ kronas

skarlorn
09-19-2016, 02:15 AM
so bda, u guys don't value p99 pixels anymore then? i'm not trying to get your loot, just curious.

AzzarTheGod
09-19-2016, 03:36 AM
I feel like I'm levitating as I read this post.

Still levitating. Just reread it thinking it would bring me back down, but nope.

Woke over 9k.

Sodors Finest Poster
09-19-2016, 09:35 AM
Dead99 pixels matter cause they gotta shit in a sock for 16 hrs before they loot them.

http://i.imgur.com/pko7xmY.jpg

sirelothar
09-19-2016, 12:11 PM
To be fair, phinny pixels will be shit in 1 year when GoD is out

Least pixels on phinny will matter when pushing for new content that's out every 4 months. P99 pixels are more like a mannequin fashion show. Cool you got that vulak loot.. when you ever gonna be pushed to your full potential .. oh never? Okay, well back to phinny to prepare for Luclin :)

Nibblewitz
09-19-2016, 12:31 PM
Hot off the press!

Pixels matter!

Nirgon
09-19-2016, 12:39 PM
when you ever gonna be pushed to your full potential ..

clearly you've never had to answer a batphone and kill a mob with emergency small man resources

khysanth
09-19-2016, 12:48 PM
Hot off the press!

Pixels matter!

says the gnome with loot council grievances ~

sirelothar
09-19-2016, 12:52 PM
Remember when Nibblewitz was the top guy in BDA that pushed to stop us posting on RNF and now he's a prime shit poster? I remember.

Nibblewitz
09-19-2016, 12:58 PM
I remember the social experiment that was to last for two months, and you guys couldn't go one.

Nibblewitz
09-19-2016, 01:00 PM
says the gnome with loot council grievances ~

Loot council is a buzz word that stimulates the bergs.

AzzarTheGod
09-19-2016, 03:43 PM
Loot council is a buzz word that stimulates the bergs.

This is true. It has a stimulant effect on the ears. People love to say it and they love to discuss it. Anything to do with loot council is sperg hotcakes.

Spyder73
09-19-2016, 05:47 PM
الموت لل < بنك دلتا آسيا > الكفار . قد أنهم جميعا أن تكون مرتبطة و و اضطر لمشاهدة زوجات ثير الحصول على تغلغل الدهر

LostCause
09-19-2016, 05:56 PM
Death of < BDA > infidels . May they all be tied and forced to watch and thier wives get penetration eternity

skarlorn
09-19-2016, 06:57 PM
How many bda u think actually have wives dude?

Generally, the ones with wives are the cool ppl led astray by the corrupt Loot Council

Baler
09-19-2016, 09:04 PM
IS BDA GETTING A FREE PASS TO TALK SHIT ABOUT P99?

Pokesan
09-19-2016, 09:35 PM
sweettouch banned, jcr safe space secure

Utmost
09-19-2016, 10:20 PM
When does loose Lynn come out?

Sadre Spinegnawer
09-19-2016, 10:34 PM
p99 staff agreed like 2 years ago to pump any new live prog servers. It was part of the peace b/w DBG and the devs.

Chest took the deal: 45% / 45% devs/DBG 10% Chest.

So go ahead and do those spendy DBG monthly fees. Basically, you spend 50 bucks on subscription fees, you just bought Chest a Jared six inch.

Oh, wait a sec, I made all that up. sorry.

Baler
09-19-2016, 11:16 PM
Chest took the deal
fuck chest

Shift
09-19-2016, 11:28 PM
And you still weren't smart enough to roll iksar monk, "Chestt"

I'm curious if 'highly contested open world' means the usual poopsocking etc

Lol you gotta think before you type things i have played TLPs and it goes Progression Classic, kunark, velious, luclin , pop

Iksar don't exist yet until classic content is taken down for the votes to kick up to open kunark zones to the TLP Server,

AzzarTheGod
09-19-2016, 11:28 PM
p99 staff agreed like 2 years ago to pump any new live prog servers. It was part of the peace b/w DBG and the devs.

Chest took the deal: 45% / 45% devs/DBG 10% Chest.

So go ahead and do those spendy DBG monthly fees. Basically, you spend 50 bucks on subscription fees, you just bought Chest a Jared six inch.

Oh, wait a sec, I made all that up. sorry.

Daaamn whistleblower is that u?

Baler
09-19-2016, 11:37 PM
IS BDA GETTING A FREE PASS TO TALK SHIT ABOUT P99?

Sodors Finest Poster
09-20-2016, 07:40 AM
Please raid suspend BDA for being BDA.

nhdjoseywales
09-20-2016, 08:16 AM
Lol you gotta think before you type things i have played TLPs and it goes Progression Classic, kunark, velious, luclin , pop

Iksar don't exist yet until classic content is taken down for the votes to kick up to open kunark zones to the TLP Server,

There are no votes on Phinny, content is unlocked per a schedule. BDA came after Kunark and Velious were open if i recall correctly.

Man0warr
09-20-2016, 01:24 PM
BDA started a couple weeks before Velious (it got launched early I think).

Kushie
09-21-2016, 01:38 AM
I was level 23 when velious launched

Bruno
09-21-2016, 04:04 AM
I'll just leave this here.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-september-21-2016.235002/

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Added an option to the display tab of the options window that allows you to see pre-Luclin PC characters on mounts. The ability to summon and ride mounts is no longer disabled on pre-Luclin PC character models.

AzzarTheGod
09-21-2016, 04:15 AM
Please raid suspend BDA for being BDA.

Can we get some type of posthumous raid suspension?

AzzarTheGod
09-21-2016, 04:26 AM
Beast.

- Added an option to the display tab of the options window that allows you to see pre-Luclin PC characters on mounts. The ability to summon and ride mounts is no longer disabled on pre-Luclin PC character models.

skarlorn
09-21-2016, 06:02 AM
I love this thread like I love oatmeal cooked in water and eaten without garnish

Sodors Finest Poster
09-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Ugh, Luclin models.

http://i.imgur.com/DwcKQCE.gif

khysanth
09-21-2016, 11:55 AM
i'm going to flip a coin for each race when luclin launches and the ones that land on heads will have new models turn on, the ones that land on tails will remain

Kushie
09-21-2016, 04:02 PM
Luclin starts soon, come hang out with Chest for pixelquest

BDA is recruiting:
Rangers
Rogues
Wizards
Clerics
Necromancers
Enchanters

skarlorn
09-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Ugh, Luclin models.

http://i.imgur.com/DwcKQCE.gif

wow this is great, did you make it?

AzzarTheGod
09-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Luclin starts soon, come hang out with Chest for pixelquest

BDA is recruiting:
Rangers
Rogues
Wizards
Clerics
Necromancers
Enchanters

I can see a lot of people are afraid to step up and be counted among Chest's chosen few.

Get some balls people.

khysanth
09-21-2016, 04:11 PM
it takes courage, like removing the headphone jack

skarlorn
09-21-2016, 04:16 PM
wow, it's time for me to consider rolling on phinny as a halfling ranger and app'ing to BDA!

would u guys accept my app?

iNteg
09-21-2016, 04:33 PM
didn't BDA have like 8 rangers before I left? what happened?

Kushie
09-21-2016, 05:34 PM
I just made that list up, BDA has plenty of rangers.

arsenalpow
09-21-2016, 05:55 PM
I'll just leave this here.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-september-21-2016.235002/

*** Miscellaneous ***

this turned out about as well as expected lol

https://streamable.com/uc5e

Caiu
09-21-2016, 06:05 PM
https://gfycat.com/DishonestPoshBurro

Sadre Spinegnawer
09-21-2016, 07:22 PM
it takes courage, like removing the headphone jack

I always call Chest Mr. Jobs in tells. Otherwise he doesn't reply. Somedays he makes me call him Mr, Wozniak.

Those are the bad days.

Bruno
09-22-2016, 01:14 AM
this turned out about as well as expected lol

https://streamable.com/uc5e

Lol. As long as I don't have to race change to human I'm ok with that.

jcr4990
09-22-2016, 01:22 AM
I remember the bullshit "experiment" that was to last for two months, and you guys refused to let your free speech be stifled by a bunch of fucking butthurt elves.

I also remember this. Pras be to Chest for ending that oppressive nonsense.

inb4 "BUT YOU STOLE A RING 8" rebuttal

skarlorn
09-22-2016, 01:27 AM
I'm ok with that.

people like you are the reason the world is fucked up

Bruno
09-22-2016, 01:54 AM
people like you are the reason the world is fucked up

I'm ok with that.

skarlorn
09-22-2016, 02:12 AM
:D

Sodors Finest Poster
09-22-2016, 07:43 AM
I heard BDA broke the instanced rotation on Phinigel.

Confirm or Deny?

Sodors Finest Poster
09-22-2016, 07:49 AM
Those mounts.

Its comedy enough for me to actually consider Phinigel.

If only Phinigel loot mattered.

Spyder73
09-22-2016, 11:03 AM
I also remember this. Pras be to Chest for ending that oppressive nonsense.

inb4 "BUT YOU STOLE A RING 8" rebuttal

Calling you a thieving cuck is not a rebuttal, its a #neverforget

I had no idea why you guys don’t just go play WoW – I would rather singe my nut-sack on a hot stove than play EQ live, and Legion is actually not that bad (been playing casually myself)

burkemi5
09-22-2016, 12:29 PM
Calling you a thieving cuck is not a rebuttal, its a #neverforget

I had no idea why you guys don’t just go play WoW – I would rather singe my nut-sack on a hot stove than play EQ live, and Legion is actually not that bad (been playing casually myself)

Live wow sucks ass. I'd play a WoW TLP though. And EQ TLP isn't the same thing as live, but you knew that. I'd pay to play live EQ before paying for wow again.

Nibblewitz
09-22-2016, 01:14 PM
Do any live servers have pvp?

skarlorn
09-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Interesting how BDA left server and Chardok finally closed. I wonder if Sadre_Spinegnawer's allegations are more than just trolling.

sirelothar
09-22-2016, 04:54 PM
oh no, rip chardok .. darn bda *wink*

http://stockcliparts.com/1024/clip-art-of-a-3d-wealthy-white-businessman-with-raining-money-by-andresr-407.jpg

AzzarTheGod
09-22-2016, 04:57 PM
I'd play a WoW TLP though.

Eww gross. We rock WoW Live all day. If you took 3-4 years off, and returned for Legion you had a kick ass time.

Kushie
09-22-2016, 07:49 PM
I'm leaving BDA for a guild that has actually killed Talendor, Faydedar and Gorenaire.

http://www.phinnykills.com/

BDA sucks

skarlorn
09-22-2016, 08:19 PM
U boys killed sev yet? Any sabers?

Kushie
09-22-2016, 10:02 PM
duh

khysanth
09-23-2016, 02:12 AM
The Shadows of Luclin content is scheduled to unlock on the Phinigel progression server on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 @ 2PM PDT*

p hyped for moon cats and temple snakes :D

Ravager
09-23-2016, 05:28 AM
The Shadows of Luclin content is scheduled to unlock on the Phinigel progression server on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 @ 2PM PDT*

p hyped for moon cats and temple snakes :D
something something not classic something something free handouts something something meaningless pixels something something pay to win something something

Did I hit all the key points?

AzzarTheGod
09-23-2016, 05:33 AM
something something not classic something something free handouts something something meaningless pixels something something pay to win something something

man luclin reminds me of how good WoW and Legion was. same idea, good expac making the core game better

[size=5]IT RAWKS...... IT RAAAAWWKS [size]

AzzarTheGod
09-23-2016, 05:34 AM
damnnit

it RAAWWKKKSS....IT RAAWWKKSS.

For Luclin info, see above.

Relbaic
09-23-2016, 08:56 AM

We could use more wizards, come reroll Vylan!

:)

burkemi5
09-23-2016, 09:28 AM
Eww gross. We rock WoW Live all day. If you took 3-4 years off, and returned for Legion you had a kick ass time.

Difference of opinions I guess. I just got done playing live for about 1.5 months. I rerolled to re-learn how everything works, and I just did not like it. Everything was a straight up face roll. Any class could face tank multiple enemies. CC is nonexistent.

I liked vanilla--> BC so much because it took some of the core concepts of EQ and upgrayed them with the wow engine. It's a shame because the wow gameplay is fun, I just personally do not like the direction they're headed. Maybe I'll try ESO next month.

arsenalpow
09-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Vulak drops were pretty good last night: palladius axe, robe, earring, and mask

khanable
09-23-2016, 10:23 AM
4 drops, must be nice

Daldaen
09-23-2016, 10:27 AM
4 drops, must be nice

Should see the Yelinak corpses they loot.

It actually drops more than 1 item! I think that's the drop rate on P99 that makes me the most salty because it is so obviously wrong and the gear from him is trash to begin with so correcting it wouldn't harm anything.

arsenalpow
09-23-2016, 10:28 AM
Vulak is always 4 drops and two spells/songs

arsenalpow
09-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Should see the Yelinak corpses they loot.

It actually drops more than 1 item! I think that's the drop rate on P99 that makes me the most salty because it is so obviously wrong and the gear from him is trash to begin with so correcting it wouldn't harm anything.

Yelinak is always 4 drops plus the head and ST key and goddamn his loot is always mediocre as fk

Man0warr
09-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Someone figured out that Vulak's loot is divided into 4 Pools on Live servers, and you always get 1 loot from each. Every kill we have matches up with this. Not sure when it was implemented though, maybe Daldaen can find some older Vulak kill shots and see if it matches up to 2001. Could be some evidence for 4 loots on P99.

Pool 1
Crystasia's Crystal Ring
Kelsiferous' Armband of Artistry
Sal`Varae's Robe of Darkness
Solist's Earring of Insight
Ssra's Bloodstone Eyepatch

Pool 2
Rowyl's Metal Armguards
Yakatizma's Shield of Crafting
Hobart's War Helmet
Sirran's Boots of Insanity
Viik's Pauldrons of Pain
Akkirus' Mask of Warfare

Pool 3
Camii's Bracer of Vigor
Maclaer's Boots of Silence
Tolan's Longsword of the Glade
Do`Vassir's Gauntlets of Might
Palladius' Axe of Slaughter
Gharn's Rock of Smashing

Pool 4
Jaelen's Katana
Valtron's Necklace of Wonder
Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance
Vyrinn's Earring of Insanity
Brother Xave's Headband
Feeliux's Cord of Velocity
Abashi's

Man0warr
09-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Though I imagine that change to his loot wasn't until after he went back from a Ring event to spawning when all Lord/Ladies dead. Sucks for you guys.

Spyder73
09-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Difference of opinions I guess. I just got done playing live for about 1.5 months. I rerolled to re-learn how everything works, and I just did not like it. Everything was a straight up face roll. Any class could face tank multiple enemies. CC is nonexistent.

The new Mythic Dungeons and the Emerald Nightmare raid are pretty difficult. You have to know the fights, cant just heal through them and face tank everything, so your statement is INVALID.

But I have not played WoW in like 10 years, so this is all new to me again

Nirgon
09-23-2016, 10:47 AM
4 drops, must be nice

Well at least the drops are classic, u no?

Nirgon
09-23-2016, 10:48 AM
Meanwhile you have dragons here that will literally drop nothing or just a spell. Never, ever, ever saw this happen on Live during any area.

This is done to make you stick around and play here longer imo.

As if raiding wasn't GROCE enough already.

Lojik
09-23-2016, 11:08 AM
I wonder if Wurm Lord Shawl was supposed to be on Yelinaks loot table and it was just a typo or other dumb error to make it a random drop throughout the zone. Name seems to indicate it would be, and it seems on par with his other loot.

Vallanor
09-23-2016, 11:24 AM
I wonder if Wurm Lord Shawl was supposed to be on Yelinaks loot table and it was just a typo or other dumb error to make it a random drop throughout the zone. Name seems to indicate it would be, and it seems on par with his other loot.

I've had this same thought. Unless Yelinak's minions do his dry cleaning on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I don't know why they'd be carrying his shawl...

Man0warr
09-23-2016, 11:38 AM
The new Mythic Dungeons and the Emerald Nightmare raid are pretty difficult. You have to know the fights, cant just heal through them and face tank everything, so your statement is INVALID.

But I have not played WoW in like 10 years, so this is all new to me again

I haven't played since Cataclysm but the guild I joined (some old peeps from Fohguild.org/ReRolled) cleared through the first 5 bosses in Normal Emerald Nightmare pretty easily. Cenarius took a few tries, pretty fun fight.

Won't have time for it after Luclin launches but Legion was a pretty fun leveling experience. I heard the Panda and Warlord expansions were dogshit though so sounds like Blizzard learned from that.

jcr4990
09-23-2016, 02:48 PM
World of Warcraft is a steaming pile of dogshit and has been since somewhere between the end of BC and start of Cataclysm. Vanilla/BC were good. WotLK was okay. After that its just been shit after shit after shit. Wtf is this garbage talent system? Why can I change specs at the drop of a hat as many times as I want? Who the fuck thought being able to queue for raids was a good idea? Is there no such thing as tank/heal/dps gear anymore? Does all the gear just work for everything?

Fuck you Blizzard. You had a great game and you pandered to baddies til it turned into garbage. At least Overwatch is fun I guess.

nhdjoseywales
09-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Someone figured out that Vulak's loot is divided into 4 Pools on Live servers, and you always get 1 loot from each. Every kill we have matches up with this. Not sure when it was implemented though, maybe Daldaen can find some older Vulak kill shots and see if it matches up to 2001. Could be some evidence for 4 loots on P99.

Pool 1
Crystasia's Crystal Ring
Kelsiferous' Armband of Artistry
Sal`Varae's Robe of Darkness
Solist's Earring of Insight
Ssra's Bloodstone Eyepatch

Pool 2
Rowyl's Metal Armguards
Yakatizma's Shield of Crafting
Hobart's War Helmet
Sirran's Boots of Insanity
Viik's Pauldrons of Pain
Akkirus' Mask of Warfare

Pool 3
Camii's Bracer of Vigor
Maclaer's Boots of Silence
Tolan's Longsword of the Glade
Do`Vassir's Gauntlets of Might
Palladius' Axe of Slaughter
Gharn's Rock of Smashing

Pool 4
Jaelen's Katana
Valtron's Necklace of Wonder
Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance
Vyrinn's Earring of Insanity
Brother Xave's Headband
Feeliux's Cord of Velocity
Abashi's

all our kills also line up with that table

burkemi5
09-24-2016, 01:56 AM
World of Warcraft is a steaming pile of dogshit and has been since somewhere between the end of BC and start of Cataclysm. Vanilla/BC were good. WotLK was okay. After that its just been shit after shit after shit. Wtf is this garbage talent system? Why can I change specs at the drop of a hat as many times as I want? Who the fuck thought being able to queue for raids was a good idea? Is there no such thing as tank/heal/dps gear anymore? Does all the gear just work for everything?

Fuck you Blizzard. You had a great game and you pandered to baddies til it turned into garbage. At least Overwatch is fun I guess.

Pretty much agree to an extent. Some people love the stat and talent simplification, train epic mount at 40 for 40 gold or some dumb shit (lol). Sadly raid finder seems like it's the standard nowadays.

Imo classic to bc wow was like an extension of what I loved about classic eq-- leveling was punishing enough, grinding cash was tough as a noob, gear upgrayeds made a big diff, CC was huge and could gain you respect/ notoriety if you sucked at it, people actually talked to you, having to form dungeon groups and run there.... The list goes on. Yeah whatever accuse us of looking at things with the nostalgia glasses, but I've tried leveling on live wow and I couldn't handle it. It's just too mind numbing and easy.

And I'm not about to drop 50 bucks on an expac I may not like and put down after two weeks. I get that if I did I could auto level to 100. Perhaps the high level content shits on all my complaints. I don't care, from what I've seen, I don't want to invest the time to reach it, and I don't want to just jump in for 50 buck that I could potentially spend 10-20 hours playing when that much cash could get me a 100+ hour single player rpg on steam.

Wake me up when blizz drops a TLP.

jcr4990
09-24-2016, 03:53 AM
Pretty much agree to an extent. Some people love the stat and talent simplification, train epic mount at 40 for 40 gold or some dumb shit (lol). Sadly raid finder seems like it's the standard nowadays.

Imo classic to bc wow was like an extension of what I loved about classic eq-- leveling was punishing enough, grinding cash was tough as a noob, gear upgrayeds made a big diff, CC was huge and could gain you respect/ notoriety if you sucked at it, people actually talked to you, having to form dungeon groups and run there.... The list goes on. Yeah whatever accuse us of looking at things with the nostalgia glasses, but I've tried leveling on live wow and I couldn't handle it. It's just too mind numbing and easy.

And I'm not about to drop 50 bucks on an expac I may not like and put down after two weeks. I get that if I did I could auto level to 100. Perhaps the high level content shits on all my complaints. I don't care, from what I've seen, I don't want to invest the time to reach it, and I don't want to just jump in for 50 buck that I could potentially spend 10-20 hours playing when that much cash could get me a 100+ hour single player rpg on steam.

Wake me up when blizz drops a TLP.

Amen brother. Good guy Blizzard shuts down Nostalrius then refuses to run their own TLP/Legacy server despite offers from the Nost team to help them set it up. They had a 99% working vanilla server with all the code and shit.

AzzarTheGod
09-24-2016, 03:57 AM
My appreciation of WoW had only to do with current context. Sorry if I gave the impression otherwise.

If you hadn't played since Cataclysm, and had taken a few years off, it was worth the purchase for the month of fun and shiny and new.

If you quit WoW between 1 to 3-4 years ago, yeah, probably skip.

skarlorn
09-24-2016, 05:31 AM
My appreciation of WoW had only to do with current context. Sorry if I gave the impression otherwise.

If you hadn't played since Cataclysm, and had taken a few years off, it was worth the purchase for the month of fun and shiny and new.

If you quit WoW between 1 to 3-4 years ago, yeah, probably skip.

i always said i'd quit when they gave druids a vanish

they gave them a vanish and a blink

i'm done

Sadre Spinegnawer
09-24-2016, 06:45 AM
Meanwhile you have dragons here that will literally drop nothing or just a spell. Never, ever, ever saw this happen on Live during any area.

This is done to make you stick around and play here longer imo.

As if raiding wasn't GROCE enough already.

someone just figured it out.

the refusal of p99 devs to properly GM the server has resulted in an absurd pixel hunt on a server that is TERMINATED at this era.

BDA would still be here, if the devs had the guts to properly gm the end game.

Since not, might as well shift to live for some fun and games.

entruil
09-24-2016, 10:35 AM
#3102 (Picture Kinda Big)

http://i.imgur.com/ctivmSO.jpg

khysanth
09-24-2016, 12:10 PM
beautiful place

AzzarTheGod
09-24-2016, 04:18 PM
wat place iz that hehe

Kushie
09-24-2016, 05:56 PM
hehe

burkemi5
09-24-2016, 06:37 PM
Reminds me of Thousand Needles.

Bruno
09-24-2016, 11:17 PM
Reminds me of Thousand Needles.

:D

AzzarTheGod
09-25-2016, 02:45 AM
hehe

:)

icedwards
09-25-2016, 12:19 PM
Worth rolling beastlord at the end of the month?

jcr4990
09-25-2016, 01:29 PM

Half the server is gonna be playing a beastlord heh. Most of them won't stick with it very long though so if you're in it for the long haul then i'd say go for it.

AzzarTheGod
09-25-2016, 04:52 PM
The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
ardepool arsenalpow big_ole_jpn BRAKNARS_[REDACTED] Farzo Hackattack LostCause maskedmelon+ Outer srgraham69

Whew! *wipes sweat from forehead*, got an autograph from fearless leader. This is my big break, unemployment was drying up.

Putting this up under the BUY NOW tab since its cosmetic.

Kushie
09-25-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm rolling gnome SK for Luclin. Beastlords suck

nostalgiaquest
09-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Question about phini - How's the server population? I'm playing from Japan so I'm always playing at the lowest pop times. 5PM here is 1AM PST. I don't really care about raiding, and probably couldn't simply do to time zone difference, so I'm just looking to level and enjoy myself.

P99 does that job pretty well, but I'm wondering how the other side looks?

skarlorn
09-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Oh forgot to mention. If u care about raiding at all go Phinny. Raiding on P99 is the worst fucking thing u can ever imagine in a video game.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::eek:

Pokesan
09-25-2016, 10:06 PM
BDA is and was the lifeblood of the RNF forum

its just too bad they suck at raiding

nostalgiaquest
09-25-2016, 10:09 PM
You didn't answer my question.

What's average server pop during peak? during low pop times? All I see on the daybreak website is a bar comparing to other DB servers. Phini is the highest, but I'm looking for numbers. When I get home from work and want to play for 2-4 hours or whatever, will there be people to play with? P99 is currently in the 400-600 people range when I'm playing, which so far has been ok.

I don't care either way about the strict adherence to classic or whatever, I actually would prefer instance raids to the shit show I read about here. But like I said, raiding isn't what I'm after. I get a few hours here and there to play, and I'm looking to minimize lfg/forced solo time. If there's only 200 people on at low pop times, then it just might not be for me. I'd also be worried that luclin would further spread out the few folks that are on, making grouping that much harder.

entruil
09-25-2016, 10:30 PM
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::eek:

he tried to leave it out... its that salt... it's ok he can... this that game... ah shit i always mess up rnf.....

Cecily
09-25-2016, 10:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WZX6hU2.jpg

jcr4990
09-25-2016, 10:34 PM
he tried to leave it out... its that salt... it's ok he can... this that game... ah shit i always mess up rnf.....

I have literally never understood a single thing you've ever posted

entruil
09-25-2016, 11:09 PM
I have literally never understood a single thing you've ever posted

i know , its my gift... enjoy phinny... don't let me impede...

Kushie
09-26-2016, 01:16 AM
Fuck the man and fuck punctuation

nhdjoseywales
09-26-2016, 03:04 AM
DBG doesn't publicly advertise how many people are currently online. Sony never did either. Neither does Blizzard for WoW.etc its pretty standard. However I don't think it ever goes as low as 200. General chat caps out at 200 I think and its nearly always full and a lot of ppl dont even bother joining it.

fairly certain general caps at 400 but yes, usually full

Sodors Finest Poster
09-26-2016, 07:53 AM
I have never waited more than 5 minutes to join a group as a tank from 1-34 so far.

Oh wait, I dont play Phinigel.

*Toot Toot

iNteg
09-26-2016, 10:30 AM

fuck no it's not. beastlords suck at release. roll a money maker and come back to BL later.

LostCause
09-26-2016, 10:57 AM
why would you roll a alt when you could be gearing main and getting aa that makes no sense.

also just got 1055 kronos.

maskedmelon
09-26-2016, 12:22 PM
So, why in't phinny on server select? It have it own file set or something?

mr_jon3s
09-26-2016, 12:27 PM
fuck no it's not. beastlords suck at release. roll a money maker and come back to BL later.

Phinny isn't classic Beastlords are probably gonna be overpowered at the start because as the game went on they buffed a lot about the beastlord but they don't revert the changes to luclin on Phinny.