PDA

View Full Version : BDA to Phinigel

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Raev
05-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Rumor, which runs before us like a barking dog, has hinted the Chest Rockwell has fled to the Phinigel progression server taking his cult, err I mean his guild with him.

Is there any truth to these rumors? Will BDA implode? Will Aftermath absorb the remnants? Is Phinny super classic or not so much? Will CSG follow them? Can we get more corgi pictures? The public needs to know!

contemptor
05-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Rumor, which runs before us like a barking dog, has hinted the Chest Rockwell has fled to the Phinigel progression server taking his cult, err I mean his guild with him.

Is there any truth to these rumors? Will BDA implode? Will Aftermath absorb the remnants? Is Phinny super classic or not so much? Will CSG follow them? Can we get more corgi pictures? The public needs to know!
Yes. No. No. No. No.

contemptor
05-06-2016, 11:40 PM
Hopefully I have properly answered you. You can now go back to spam clicking your macros for whatever race you are working. More news at 10. Or next week. Hit F5

Raev
05-06-2016, 11:43 PM
need more details

contemptor
05-06-2016, 11:45 PM
need more details
Not sure how else I can help tou

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 12:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oQwl9te.jpg

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 12:23 AM
Day 2 of my reign

http://i.imgur.com/mbGXHDi.jpg

Troubled
05-07-2016, 12:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CQNilmq.jpg

jcr4990
05-07-2016, 12:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DxkLIfp.jpg

Pezy
05-07-2016, 12:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DxkLIfp.jpg

Gross. Turn off those nasty models man.

Relbaic
05-07-2016, 12:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CQNilmq.jpg

Poor Trouble, all by himself.

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 12:32 AM
Poor Trouble, all by himself.

He'll always have Zabtik

virulentthemonstaire
05-07-2016, 12:51 AM
phinny is a joke

burkemi5
05-07-2016, 01:05 AM
I'm surprised more people haven't migrated there sooner. Leaving p99 is the right choice.

phinny is a joke

Because raiding here is so great, right!

Jaxon
05-07-2016, 01:07 AM
Rolling on a rusty long sword? You need to get your loot council established ASAP.

Wonkie
05-07-2016, 01:14 AM
but is it enough to make Swish shut the hell up already?

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-07-2016, 01:28 AM
p99. the server where failure to fix classic raiding issues is a feature, not a bug. I said it when I first found this joint:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108771

Still true! Sad!

Mistle
05-07-2016, 02:20 AM
In the end, having to deal with Sirken, his completely unwarranted ego given his awful performance as a GM, and inability to comprehend what it is like to play on this server's endgame proved too much. I have a ton of respect for the people who are so loyal to their friends that they put up with the insane bullshit this server requires of you to actually have any fun on it at high end, but the retarded sixteen hour variance and the hundreds of man-hours required to have reasonable chances to just have a single fun raid proved too much for BDA in the end, and broke the will of too many people who contributed the most to play at all.

Who knows if Phinny ends up being the answer. It has its own problems. I dont know if I will like it right to the end. But I can already tell one thing from it - it's sure the fuck run better than the disgrace Sirken has turned this into.

No matter what problems the players here have with each other, the true cancer is the GM. Best of luck you guys who still have to deal with him, you're a more patient player than me.

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 02:55 AM
In the end, having to deal with Sirken, his completely unwarranted ego given his awful performance as a GM, and inability to comprehend what it is like to play on this server's endgame proved too much. I have a ton of respect for the people who are so loyal to their friends that they put up with the insane bullshit this server requires of you to actually have any fun on it at high end, but the retarded sixteen hour variance and the hundreds of man-hours required to have reasonable chances to just have a single fun raid proved too much for BDA in the end, and broke the will of too many people who contributed the most to play at all.

Who knows if Phinny ends up being the answer. It has its own problems. I dont know if I will like it right to the end. But I can already tell one thing from it - it's sure the fuck run better than the disgrace Sirken has turned this into.

No matter what problems the players here have with each other, the true cancer is the GM. Best of luck you guys who still have to deal with him, you're a more patient player than me.

I wouldn't put it all on Sirken. The raid scene is horrendous, there's zero path of progression for any guild that's not willing to do what A/A are doing. Succumbing to that playstyle will eat people alive. It's not fair to place that kind of burden on an officer to make all that shit happen. It's on the players that continue to make the raid scene miserable, Sirken for condoning, and the devs for not caring either way.

P99 is classic as fuck, if you put blinders on and just grind with some friends up through the 50s or so you'll have fun, but don't ever ever ever think about actually raiding. It's cancerous.

Rampage
05-07-2016, 03:14 AM
Phinigel though? You got Uthgard launching in like 5 hours. Aren't EQ progression servers just as poopy? I remember seeing 200 people camping Noble on there.

Hope you guys find something worthwhile to play.

jcr4990
05-07-2016, 03:22 AM
Phinigel though? You got Uthgard launching in like 5 hours. Aren't EQ progression servers just as poopy? I remember seeing 200 people camping Noble on there.

Hope you guys find something worthwhile to play.

Phinigel has highly contested open world raid pops but in addition has instanced versions of all the raid mobs. So the hardcore neckbeards that do all the extra "work" get more pixels but it still allows the casual scum to experience the fucking game. Win/Win for everyone.

Swish
05-07-2016, 04:29 AM
Page 3 and still cant tell if this is a troll thread... but let me get this straight.

1. BDA disband the Class R rotation in Kunark to prepare the other Class R guilds for Velious raiding. (we know it was bullshit and just a pixel grab for guaranteed 1 in 3 class R dragons + possible FFA targets)

2. Velious hits, BDA numbers tail off as they dont have the welfare pixels anymore, they cant keep up with the top guilds and everyone knows there wont be another rotation after they shit on the last one.

3. The leadership, faced with this...LEAVES???

You idiots, I'm laughing so hard :D I'm sure theres a lesson in there somewhere :o

Seriously though, probably a troll thread....funny nonetheless.

Llodd
05-07-2016, 04:37 AM
Gonna be hard to get the magical 15k now Swish :)

Swish
05-07-2016, 05:13 AM
Gonna be hard to get the magical 15k now Swish :)

nah, 100k nps ~

Tankdan
05-07-2016, 06:24 AM
But it's $15/month

LostCause
05-07-2016, 06:40 AM
no if free.

go buy a krono with plat.

LostCause
05-07-2016, 06:40 AM
it's*

LostCause
05-07-2016, 06:43 AM
quit that server before kunark but still have 257 kronos pst.

Relbaic
05-07-2016, 07:32 AM
But it's $15/month

So get a fucking job.

Lojik
05-07-2016, 07:53 AM
$15 dollars a month or 15 tracking hours a month?

Raev
05-07-2016, 08:56 AM
And you still weren't smart enough to roll iksar monk, "Chestt"

I'm curious if 'highly contested open world' means the usual poopsocking etc

Uuruk
05-07-2016, 09:14 AM
And you still weren't smart enough to roll iksar monk, "Chestt"

I'm curious if 'highly contested open world' means the usual poopsocking etc

It's instances raids minus the shit show of VP key camping.

Raev
05-07-2016, 09:16 AM
also these screenshots are kinda funny, I almost forgot how many GUI features are disabled here

Uuruk
05-07-2016, 09:27 AM
Ya dude 2006 client or some shit vs 2016 client. MIND BLOWING

Mistle
05-07-2016, 09:29 AM
also these screenshots are kinda funny, I almost forgot how many GUI features are disabled here

Not just that but the graphics themselves are weird. You can see orc lift clearly from pod lift and CB from orc hill, things like that....

Duie
05-07-2016, 09:51 AM
I log on to Phinny last night and I see BDA tags all over the place. tbo it was good to see a guild I know on that server.... well them and TMO

xexbis0
05-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Hmm Luclin doesn't unlock until September now with PoP being in Feb 2017. This is intriguing.

Raev
05-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Having pretty much beaten Velious at this point, I'm kinda curious to see Luclin/PoP

Uuruk
05-07-2016, 11:08 AM
Hmm Luclin doesn't unlock until September now with PoP being in Feb 2017. This is intriguing.

It's really not.

Pokesan
05-07-2016, 11:08 AM
is phinny the server with automated swamp VP key piece cockblockage?

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 11:14 AM
VP keys are pretty easy. Nothing in the game is soul crushing like p99. It's just fun hanging out with my friends experiencing content whenever/however we want.

xexbis0
05-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Where's Dottedup when you need him? There's remnants of BDA to offer pixel packages too and no one available for the job.

Nibblewitz
05-07-2016, 11:19 AM
I remember when it was sacrilege to talk about anything other than p99. Glad to see some things finally changed.

xexbis0
05-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Having pretty much beaten Velious at this point, I'm kinda curious to see Luclin/PoP

The only question is what class lizard to start with?

FatMice
05-07-2016, 11:43 AM
VP keys are pretty easy. Nothing in the game is soul crushing like p99. It's just fun hanging out with my friends experiencing content whenever/however we want.

Holy shit..... Now we need Nemce to understand this.

Uuruk
05-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Question.

When Velious is released will BDA still only kill Kunark content?

Relbaic
05-07-2016, 11:55 AM
Question.

When Velious is released will BDA still only kill Kunark content?

Probably? Because we'll only be like level 40.

Oh you were trying to make a joke, sorry it was awful.

Uuruk
05-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Bad joke?

Lojik
05-07-2016, 12:20 PM

I'll laugh if in a year most of the casuals here have left to phinny and people here will be crying about how the pop is too low or some shit. TBH I think this bda move to phinny could be a big blow to this servers pop if other guilds follow their lead.

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 12:22 PM
I'll laugh if in a year most of the casuals here have left to phinny and people here will be crying about how the pop is too low or some shit.
Yup. Keep driving people off the server because you're a bunch of man children.

bktroost
05-07-2016, 12:30 PM

I really enjoy competition. I remember the days of inny 1.0 where you could either sit at the WC spire like a neckbear or you could raid something with a wizard in every group during the window and as soon as it pops everyone teleports up instantly. I loved playing the bard that would selos to fountain, up to inny room hit DA song and rush back to east wall and then head north along the edge. Pop selos. Pop a blademail once or twice, pop another DA idol as you kite around the edge of the zone. Meanwhile everyone else is rushing to innies room trying to tag him first and blow him up without losing FTE and someone else getting it. DTs are going off and dps are scrambling to get in line while tanks mallet secure mobs. All the while the bard is owning the entire zone in a perfect kite that could last forever. Then clean up and bard caps after everyone ports out.

Everyone had a part in that raid. Everyone was on point. Everyone actually got to PLAY EQ and there was real competition.

What I don't like on this server is the 16 hours of sitting on a line with cheap crap like training other guilds in order to secure a mob for yourselves or sitting every raid member in a room to stare at a wall the entire fight.

That's incredibly boring. How many of your clerics have any idea what happens beyond the entrance room? I mean that has to only be fun for the monks and now maybe a few others who can FTE the mobs in the race.

The game feels hollow now. The adventure is gone.

ArumTP
05-07-2016, 12:48 PM
Everyone had a part in that raid. Everyone was on point. Everyone actually got to PLAY EQ and there was real competition.

What I don't like on this server is the 16 hours of sitting on a line with cheap crap like training other guilds in order to secure a mob for yourselves or sitting every raid member in a room to stare at a wall the entire fight.

Skewed rose colored glasses... Same exact shit was done waiting for that Innoruuk that your so nostalgic about. You waited 16 hours for a pop, someone trained mobs around, someone pulled the target out, and everyone else killed it.

Danth
05-07-2016, 12:49 PM

It's been obvious for awhile that the staff here is okay with the status quo. If you want change, polite discourse and trying to work within the system won't accomplish that. If anything can get the admins' attention it'll take something drastic. Too bad only BDA is switching away; if half a dozen or so of the larger lower- to mid-tier guilds could get together and leave for awhile maybe the shock would be sufficient to induce action.

Seems to me, looking in from the outside (I don't really raid), that Velious is different than P99 was in Kunark. TMO lorded it over the server during Kunark for quite a long time, but it seemed like the mid-tier guilds held out hope that Velious would change things. Now it appears they see that Velious has changed very little--but with nothing else to look forward to and no source of hope.

Danth

Jaxon
05-07-2016, 12:58 PM
The feeling of teamwork and accomplishment during raiding did not die with Velious. The competition you seek was always there in TOV before there were Sirken races, but even so success still requires alert raiders and not drooling zombies. Maybe you should come to Fear one day and try for CT.

Also it's really odd to see you eulogizing training half the zone in one sentence and then decrying it as the death of raiding in the next.

Raev
05-07-2016, 12:59 PM
You did exactly the same thing in Class R, and I still say if you had not done that the raid scene now would be very different. I really don't think BDA can claim the moral high ground here.

but it seemed like the mid-tier guilds held out hope that Velious would change things
I'm not sure it's hope as much as just the feeling that server is over, and contrary to the bleatings of certain RNF trolls IB/Rampage won. I mean, what's the point of getting full BIS gear when there is no new expansion on the horizon where that gear will matter?

Ella`Ella
05-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Chest finally snapped?

Mistle
05-07-2016, 01:16 PM

Thats just it really. Now that there is nothing nostalgic left about P99s Velious and it can be seen for what it really is, it really feels hollow. Dead even. I cant really advance my main anymore, sure theres some gear with more mana on it but thats about it. I was one of those who defended this P99 timeline as the golden age of EQ in the past, but... I think it only felt that way because there wasnt better examples set yet. I *want* aa, and focus effects. Better zones and better raids, and so much more gear variety. I had already been sniffing at Phinny even before BDA leadership decided to try this.

A few months ago I would have looked at leaving P99 for Phinny as giving up the fight, letting our morale be broken and beaten down by rival guilds, for easier pixels. Not now. There are those who right now are smiling and thinking about how they have defeated a rival. That is not how it feels to me. At this point, I simply dont understand how literally anyone can think this situation here is better than any of the alternatives. Sirken's P99 is the absolute worst case scenario. It is relief above everythig to get away from his Vision. I think other guilds with strong internal community will see, or is already seeing the draw as we speak. A year from now theres a decent chance I'll be killing gods in elemental planes while guys here are still sitting in front of doors watching them open and close, open and close for sixteen straight hours... apparently Sirken's idea of healthy gameplay. I'm sorry, but when you look at it in that context, it sure doesnt look like the 'defeated' BDA is the one getting the short end of the stick...

Lammy
05-07-2016, 01:21 PM
ungrateful babies

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 01:47 PM
You did exactly the same thing in Class R, and I still say if you had not done that the raid scene now would be very different. I really don't think BDA can claim the moral high ground here.

I know it's always fun to talk about how the rotation fell apart, but it took two to tango. Maybe BDA/Div/Taken were being unreasonable, but the smaller guilds weren't making it easy either. That doesn't really matter now though.

The P99 raid scene isn't changing, period. If I want to see content without dumping in hundreds of manhours of my guildmates I can do it at Phinny with my guild. It's not P99, which sucks, but it's the right move for a casual playerbase, with an intolerable high end raid scene, and a GM that condones the entire thing.

Vote with your feet people. It's the only option you have.

Raev
05-07-2016, 01:50 PM
I don't understand why you have this hard on for Sirken. I would have done things differently but I think Sirken is the only member of the staff who is actually trying to improve things, and there is only so much he can do without the keys to the repop machine or the ability to alter the game mechanics.

The root problem IMO is simply that P1999 is reaching the end of it's lifetime.

Raev
05-07-2016, 01:52 PM
I know it's always fun to talk about how the rotation fell apart, but it took two to tango. Maybe BDA/Div/Taken were being unreasonable, but the smaller guilds weren't making it easy either. That doesn't really matter now though.

I don't think so. A-Team made a tremendously reasonable proposal. In hindsight I don't think BDA and Taken should ever have been allowed to go Class R.

Jay F Kay
05-07-2016, 01:52 PM
contrary to the bleatings of certain RNF trolls IB/Rampage won.

Just think, if you guys had spent all those hours on a real job, you would have won at life instead of emulated everquest.

zanderklocke
05-07-2016, 01:58 PM
I'd join BDA if I played on the Phinny server.

I was kind of mad at Chest about the rotation ordeal, but I was kind of mad at everyone for not playing nice together and compromising in the middle, including the small guilds. I was kind of mad at BDA leapfrogging A-Team on Yael once by parachuting in before we engaged.

Other than that, BDA has always seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Gimp
05-07-2016, 01:58 PM
I don't understand why you have this hard on for Sirken. I would have done things differently but I think Sirken is the only member of the staff who is actually trying to improve things, and there is only so much he can do without the keys to the repop machine or the ability to alter the game mechanics.

The root problem IMO is simply that P1999 is reaching the end of it's lifetime.

Velious has been out for months, ST was farmed then Sleeper was woken. It isn't reaching the end of it's lifetime, it's reached it..unfortunately.

bktroost
05-07-2016, 02:08 PM
The feeling of teamwork and accomplishment during raiding did not die with Velious. The competition you seek was always there in TOV before there were Sirken races, but even so success still requires alert raiders and not drooling zombies. Maybe you should come to Fear one day and try for CT.

Also it's really odd to see you eulogizing training half the zone in one sentence and then decrying it as the death of raiding in the next.

Training is Okay and completely fine if you control it. Backwash always hits people in ToV and that's illegal. I could kite fear and old hate for hours until people left the zone. In ToV you have no control. I'm very transparent and very consistent.

bktroost
05-07-2016, 02:09 PM

Yeah CT looks like a lot of fun. Certainly something I'd love to get involved in soon.

Ravager
05-07-2016, 02:38 PM
I don't think so. A-Team made a tremendously reasonable proposal. In hindsight I don't think BDA and Taken should ever have been allowed to go Class R.

Everyone started class r by default, there was no "allowed". Killing a class c mob is what made you class c. With or without the rotation, the class system worked as scripted.

Priceline
05-07-2016, 02:57 PM
I've read on rerolled that XP is same solo as it is in groups yes? Making it actually slower to solo? Kind of a deal breaker for those who can't even duo.

jcr4990
05-07-2016, 02:58 PM
I've read on rerolled that XP is same solo as it is in groups yes? Making it actually slower to solo? Kind of a deal breaker for those who can't even duo.

Yea solo xp sucks compared to groups. Kind of a good thing imo.

Troubled
05-07-2016, 03:09 PM
I was kind of mad at BDA leapfrogging A-Team on Yael once by parachuting in before we engaged.

We only did it because it was hilarious.

Detoxx
05-07-2016, 03:12 PM
With BDA now gone, I'd like up propose a full rotation on all mobs. Please vote!

Detoxx
05-07-2016, 03:13 PM
To propose *

Troubled
05-07-2016, 03:16 PM
With BDA now gone, I'd like up propose a full rotation on all mobs. Please vote!

Taking a page out of Unbrella's trolling book. Surely you can do better.

Ella`Ella
05-07-2016, 03:28 PM

I'm going to rally the displaced BDA members and rebuild FE.

Detoxx
05-07-2016, 03:28 PM

Ignore this red scum! Rotations for all in honor of BDAs graceful departure!

thufir
05-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Velious has been out for months, ST was farmed then Sleeper was woken. It isn't reaching the end of it's lifetime, it's reached it..unfortunately.
This right here. I don't understand why more of you people logjammed at the top end aren't finding some other game.

The only thing I would omit is the "unfortunately". I think it's great that we're playing an MMO with an actual end of the line. And it's more than a little weird to me that other people don't think the same thing.

It's a game. Games should have ends.

Kodim
05-07-2016, 03:44 PM
There's always Uthgard.

Jaxon
05-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Training is Okay and completely fine if you control it. Backwash always hits people in ToV and that's illegal. I could kite fear and old hate for hours until people left the zone. In ToV you have no control. I'm very transparent and very consistent.

If you hired a lawyer to give you that opinion I'd fire him for incompetence. Backwash in TOV is de facto legal. If anything you should know by now that being a roadblock between a guild and their dragon pull doesn't get you any sympathy from GMs.

Anyway training is nice when everything goes perfectly but it's very easy to make a misstep. I've been in my share of Inny encounters that were total train fests.

And then there are times when the other raid force moves through your train's path and picks up sit or combat aggro or something. When you eventually you lose control by dying to an unlucky root or stun, or from the other raid building up too much hate, the train wrecks them.

Naturally, they shouldn't have been in your way in the first place.

Gimp
05-07-2016, 04:09 PM
The only thing I would omit is the "unfortunately". I think it's great that we're playing an MMO with an actual end of the line. And it's more than a little weird to me that other people don't think the same thing.

It's a game. Games should have ends.

It's unfortunate because some of us have been in an absolutely ridiculous amount of hours into this game. Seeing it through to the end was something I wanted to do, but it's bittersweet. I've loved my time on this game and the friends that I've made, I guess I just never wanted it to end. Is what it is though, I guess. I'll be making my exit soon, and on to bigger and better things with my e-friends.

Ella`Ella
05-07-2016, 04:17 PM
It's unfortunate because some of us have been in an absolutely ridiculous amount of hours into this game. Seeing it through to the end was something I wanted to do, but it's bittersweet. I've loved my time on this game and the friends that I've made, I guess I just never wanted it to end. Is what it is though, I guess. I'll be making my exit soon, and on to bigger and better things with my e-friends.

queue that Green Day song.

Gimp
05-07-2016, 04:20 PM
I was thinking Semisonic - Closing Time

Cecily
05-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Tool - Eulogy imo

khanable
05-07-2016, 04:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XrG_mcNHzY

more fitting imo

Nitsude
05-07-2016, 04:41 PM
LazyTown - Cooking by the Book

Origin
05-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Best move ever. Enjoy the server.

Raev
05-07-2016, 04:50 PM

You should be following them to Phinigel to make sure they never succeed at anything outside of an instance IMO

Gimp
05-07-2016, 04:51 PM
You should be following them to Phinigel to make sure they never succeed at anything outside of an instance IMO

Apparently there's a neckbeard guild over there that dominates the non-instanced mobs fairly easily. Don't think BDA or Detoxx has to worry about that.

jcr4990
05-07-2016, 04:52 PM

From what I understand those type of guilds already exist on Phinny. But sure bring it on. The more people that quit P99 in disgust of how ridiculous the raid scene has become the better chance something is done to fix it.

Origin
05-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Apparently there's a neckbeard guild over there that dominates the non-instanced mobs fairly easily. Don't think BDA or Detoxx has to worry about that.

Aye, was started, in part, by a bunch of old school IB. They dominate whatever server they go to. Not sure if it's p99 levels of neckbeard, but it's up there.

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 05:01 PM

Non-instanced mobs respawn every 24 hours or something, on top of 6.5 day lockouts for raid mobs. There's plenty of big competent guilds that split their raids in half, kill all of VP twice, as well as every other dumb Kunark target. Raiding isn't like p99, the encounters are different and challenging in their own ways and other players aren't the primary bottleneck.

Gimp
05-07-2016, 05:11 PM
The real question here is..

wtf class do I play? Chanter in Velious and beyond is about the most boring thing in the world. Are Iksar Monks already super overpopulated?

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 05:18 PM

wtf class do I play? Chanter in Velious and beyond is about the most boring thing in the world. Are Iksar Monks already super overpopulated?

every. single. class. is raid relevant. Necros and SKs topping the DPS charts, wizards critting already. AC matters, knights can actually tank, non-clerics actually heal. It's different than P99 but it's balanced in it's own way.

Nitsude
05-07-2016, 05:23 PM
Found a video of the turning point from p99 to Phinny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hILCw66sLU

Raev
05-07-2016, 05:27 PM

My understanding was that Enchanters were actually quite strong in Luclin/POP, but I never played that far on Live.

Gimp
05-07-2016, 05:30 PM
I just really, really don't wanna do the ENC epic again. If they're that OP in Luclin and beyond, I think I could stomach it though. I never played one til p99.

Origin
05-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Raiding isn't like p99, the encounters are different and challenging in their own ways and other players aren't the primary bottleneck.

They've beefed old content by giving it higher mitigation and making it hit harder. They've recently made boss spells hit harder, as well as made them harder to resist. It's still easy if you're good and know how to manage your people.

All in all, shits on the p99 raid scene. I wish one of the neckbeard p99 guilds would come to Phinny to challenge the Phinny top dog guild. Would be awesome.

Fifield
05-07-2016, 05:36 PM
There is also this option: =D

Me and Hagz leveling to make the trek to our other guildies across the world.

http://i.imgur.com/6EvNUVA.jpg

Gimp
05-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Man, I just don't know dick about that game. I'd rather play one where I already know every nook and cranny until something new comes out, ya know?

Raev
05-07-2016, 05:42 PM
They've recently made boss spells hit harder, as well as made them harder to resist. It's still easy if you're good and know how to manage your people.

Since we know that BDA is not good, I will laugh hard if they are actually cockblocked by the content :D

Are you in this top neckbeard guild on Phinny?

And yeah I kinda agree Gimp, can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Man0warr
05-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Yeah I wanna play Uthgard too, probably wait until Beta is over though.

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Since we know that BDA is not good, I will laugh hard if they are actually cockblocked by the content :D

actually some old bda in the phinny uber guild, if we get womped it won't be from lack of strats

Origin
05-07-2016, 05:48 PM

Are you in this top neckbeard guild on Phinny?

And yeah I kinda agree Gimp, can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Naw. As of the current Kunark content, they'll be fine. It's harder than P99 Kunark, but there's other perks that make the game easier to manage. Things start to get harder at the high end of Velious and beyond. Luclin will be the true challenge for a lot of guilds. Until then it's cruise control, as long as you have the numbers.

I'm in one of the two Euro guilds. Nothing special. But my SK is beef as fuck. And that's one of the draws of the server. You don't have to be neckbeard to progress your toon. You just do it a lot slower than the neckbeards, but i'm ok with that.

Swish
05-07-2016, 05:50 PM
My only regret is not forseeing this happening and starting a guild up called Bregan D`Aerth (and BDA, and any other variations).

Seriously though, you don't get a rotation or "easy mode" so you leave the server? Yeah blame the staff, totally their fault you didn't want to contest :o

Good luck on your easy instanced content, see you back for whenever a new server starts here :)

khanable
05-07-2016, 06:06 PM
There is also this option: =D

Me and Hagz leveling to make the trek to our other guildies across the world.

http://i.imgur.com/6EvNUVA.jpg

I broke my menu bar and can't get it back

Uuruk
05-07-2016, 06:11 PM
BDA couldn't even beat 17 year old content on p99. That's why they are still stuck getting kunark mobs 9 months after Velious comes out. Anyone who follows chest is a faggot that loves getting a dick shoved up their ass by a dude who thinks he is a pro wrestler.

Scryll
05-07-2016, 06:15 PM

You have to delete your ini file and resetup your UI again to get it back lol. Its located in C:\Users\INSERTNAME\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\uth2

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 06:20 PM
BDA couldn't even beat 17 year old content on p99. That's why they are still stuck getting kunark mobs 9 months after Velious comes out. Anyone who follows chest is a faggot that loves getting a dick shoved up their ass by a dude who thinks he is a pro wrestler.

strong take right there

Fifield
05-07-2016, 06:26 PM

we had that happen to us, you have delete your characters .ini file. It resets your UI and settings but it will bring that bar back.

Kinda silly but thats how you fix it.

khanable
05-07-2016, 06:28 PM
lol wtf

that's absurd

will try it out in a few - thanks scryll/fifield

Fifield
05-07-2016, 06:30 PM
I didnt even see scryll's post, hes the man, send me a tell once your in i'll come buff

Spit
05-07-2016, 06:49 PM
I want some Luclin and PoP gonna be trying this server out

Pezy
05-07-2016, 07:59 PM

Monks are super fucking OP because their epic fists over there are like 23/26 vs the 9/16 they are here. That shits all over even Velious BIS. Can't even imagine being a Rogue over there, being outdps'd by every scaley motherfucker around until late Luclin.

arsenalpow
05-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Monks are super fucking OP because their epic fists over there are like 23/26 vs the 9/16 they are here. That shits all over even Velious BIS. Can't even imagine being a Rogue over there, being outdps'd by every scaley motherfucker around until late Luclin.

Even SKs top the DPS charts with their double damage lifetap disc. Every class is relevant, it's so refreshing.

JackFlash
05-07-2016, 08:22 PM
Wizards get crits even!

Pezy
05-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Even SKs top the DPS charts with their double damage lifetap disc. Every class is relevant, it's so refreshing.

Well that's an absolute fucking travesty. Burn it to the ground! MAKES KNIGHTS BAD AGAIN.

Wonkie
05-07-2016, 08:24 PM
finally the nwo makes its move

Gimp
05-07-2016, 08:49 PM
Just started an enc and got a welcome gift from Chest.

Pretty sure we're officially e-buddies now.

Pezy
05-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Just started an enc and got a welcome gift from Chest.

Pretty sure we're officially e-buddies now.

http://i.imgur.com/ZOIyK00.gif

Nitsude
05-07-2016, 09:05 PM
My problem with Phinny are the new zones. So many of the redone old world zones are shit.

Swish
05-07-2016, 09:07 PM

Sounds really classic, bet you're feeling the nostalgia as EQ was meant to be played :o

#cantcontestwontcontest

Lojik
05-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Are there phinny forums? How long until swish starts shitting up those?

Gimp
05-07-2016, 09:23 PM

like many other things about p99, I'd love to leave him in my past.

Swish is about to enter a deep, dark depression now that most of BDA has moved on from p99.

Pokesan
05-07-2016, 09:27 PM

i doubt he has time for that. his plate is pretty full flirting with twitch hippos and lying about exercising.

radditsu
05-07-2016, 10:11 PM
Good luck chest and BDA! About time you dumped these losers.

LostCause
05-08-2016, 08:37 AM
TLP servers aren't suppose to be "classic" not sure where anyone got that idea lol.

Swish
05-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Exactly...I've seen a couple of streams and leveling doesn't look like much fun.

The spirit of EQ? Not there at all.

Mistle
05-08-2016, 09:48 AM
As opposed to twenty people staring at a door opening and closing for sixteen straight hours...

Kushie
05-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Swish doesn't know anything about raiding, don't spam up this victory thread.

Raev
05-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Swish doesn't know anything about raiding, don't spam up this victory thread.

This is a troll thread, not a victory thread. It has been demonstrated many times over the years that winning against BDA is easy and not something to brag about!

Swish is like a forum std that goes around infecting every thread with boring posts.

Nibblewitz
05-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Not sure why you are dragging all of BDA into this; Chest through up his hands at blue and his loyalists followed.

Culkasi
05-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Not sure why people even want to rile up that old shit. BDA has done the most sane thing and moved to a server that is less classic but a lot more sane.
Good on them, really, if you want to raid in somewhat classic Everquest, its the way to go apparently. I know Swish has a hard-on for BDA, but they are the ones making the smart play here.

Gimp
05-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Swish might off himself now that BDA is gone

Nitsude
05-08-2016, 12:44 PM

Wishful thinking.

Ravager
05-08-2016, 12:50 PM

Or he might he might live longer now. He can take this opportunity to go for a walk or wash his hands. Bedsores and salmonella have been known to kill.

Archalen
05-08-2016, 02:28 PM
It's almost like people play a game to have fun, and if they aren't having fun, they go somewhere else.

Baler
05-08-2016, 03:26 PM
I tried looking around the forums but couldn't find any proof one way or the other.
since core bda members are playing on that server will bda be disbanding on blue?

Swish
05-08-2016, 03:39 PM
I tried looking around the forums but couldn't find any proof one way or the other.
since core bda members are playing on that server will bda be disbanding on blue?

Omg stop stalking bda Baler, you're such a psychopath...have a bath or something looool

jcr4990
05-08-2016, 03:42 PM

Won't be disbanding just going much more casual I think

xexbis0
05-08-2016, 07:11 PM
This is a great opportunity for the new officers to step up and tell us about the new look BDA.

BDA will either force Awakened and Aftermath, particularly the former lately, to stop gobbling up everything on the server. How you ask? Don't be surprised to see more go to Phinny. So from my position, you can make fun of BDA all you want, but the more guilds get a taste of how fruitless this whole thing is and how this miasma of egos is a fucking tasteless joke, the less A/A get to lord over. Choke em out. "There are no handouts on p99 or whatever bullshit A/A want to spew." That's cool. It's funny. Class R was against a variance reduction cause they were afraid that their little piece of the pie would get gobbled up. They were right. Shorter big name windows = more free time to go raid the rest. VS going three days just fucked the rest of the server cause it's not on same timeline as ToV on resets. It's a game after all. Pretty soon it will be a dick swinging contest of 2. So from my position Swish LOLBDAWINS. They woke us up.

Gimp
05-08-2016, 07:39 PM
There's a lot more than 3 that have followed suit in the past few days. A lot more.

Expediency
05-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Won't be disbanding just going much more casual I think

For those of you in BDA who are unwilling to join the A/A zerg force and also want to remain on p99 in a casual friendly guild, send me a tell about an exciting new opportunity with Azure Guard or follow this convenient link: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2268713#post2268713

ArumTP
05-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Class R was against a variance reduction cause they were afraid that their little piece of the pie would get gobbled up. They were right. Shorter big name windows = more free time to go raid the rest. VS going three days just fucked the rest of the server cause it's not on same timeline as ToV on resets.

How willfully ignorant are you?

Shorter variance means everything is going to be on the same day. Meaning that a_random_trashy_ntov_dragon could be ignored because A/A are going for CT or tormax for instance.

VS dying again to A/A is because he simply isn't on the same day as more important things or anything is going on. VS made from 7 day to 3 day spawn has nothing to do with variance.

Long variance guarantees the win for A/A. They got the resources to cover those 16 hours that the smaller guilds can't. Spawn times and the "value" of the mobs can get spread around such that, it would be acceptable to maybe loose out on a_random_trashy_ntov_dragon to scoop up say a_better_VP_dragon or trakanon.

Man0warr
05-08-2016, 08:09 PM
There's more players on Uthgard 2.0 right now, which is in BETA and is going to wipe, than on Blue.

khanable
05-08-2016, 08:10 PM
For those of you in BDA who are unwilling to join the A/A zerg force and also want to remain on p99 in a casual friendly guild, send me a tell about an exciting new opportunity with Azure Guard or follow this convenient link: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2268713#post2268713

Where do ya'll make your sigs? They're quite nice!

nicemace
05-08-2016, 08:33 PM
i was casually playing phinny while raiding with ramp.

its very fun. the mobs are buffed so they complete walkovers (although still not very hard) ... but when was the last time you killed a mob in A/A expecting a challenge ? lol.

guilds are split raiding trak/gore/sev/tal at the moment (so split their raid into two instances doing low number kills) which is always more fun than 150 people killing a dragon while 120 sit by waiting to see if they somehow make a mistake.

the socking still happens in open world but its not extreme. my guild has killed open world gore / trak etc a bunch of times just as we were running to our instanced raid.

gimp: the ench epic is a shit fight at the moment. VT is camped socked by 40 people at the moment all trying to get it. however ench is the most desired class at the moment.

its a great server and i'd recommend it to anyone thats sick of the socking on p99. its not even real competition. its just a series of dice rolls after x number of hours.

Raev
05-08-2016, 08:50 PM
BDA will either force Awakened and Aftermath, particularly the former lately, to stop gobbling up everything on the server. How you ask? Don't be surprised to see more go to Phinny.
I think the vast majority of people would rather have 50% less classic, a fully functioning GUI, and instances than hundreds of hours tracking per week and 4AM batphones. I have heard rumblings that CSG was thinking about starting their own server. It would not surprise me at all if they follow BDA to Phinny, or Anonymity, or whoever else.

I'm not sure why you think this will change the server though. The server population dropping to 800 online at peak would be the solution, not the problem. I'm guessing that A/A will duel it out until one of them breaks and they merge (probably 4-6 months away). At that point we'd have one monster guild getting 80% of the pixels and 3-4 smaller guilds farming HOT and picking up a few targets here and there when they decide to play variance quest, and the server staff being reasonably satisfied with that. They would at least get fewer petitions :D

Especially the collective effect; it reminds me of Vowels

Expediency
05-08-2016, 08:56 PM

A guy in our guild named Lyant makes all of them. There are quite a few on our private forums that havent shown up on p99 yet.

Lojik
05-08-2016, 09:05 PM
I think the vast majority of people would rather have 50% less classic, a fully functioning GUI, and instances than hundreds of hours tracking per week and 4AM batphones. I have heard rumblings that CSG was thinking about starting their own server. It would not surprise me at all if they follow BDA to Phinny, or Anonymity, or whoever else.

I'm not sure why you think this will change the server though. The server population dropping to 800 online at peak would be the solution, not the problem. I'm guessing that A/A will duel it out until one of them breaks and they merge (probably 4-6 months away). At that point we'd have one monster guild getting 80% of the pixels and 3-4 smaller guilds farming HOT and picking up a few targets here and there when they decide to play variance quest, and the server staff being reasonably satisfied with that. They would at least get fewer petitions :D

Haven't been in A/A, but I get the feeling that a lot of what drives them is trying to beat the other "a"," and if one of them starts to slip and lose merbs, they'll probably lose members to the other one, snowballing the effect. Once a merge or whatever happens a lot of them will lose the will to keep going. TMO kept going cause there was that carrot of "velious" on the horizon. Maybe we'd drop to 800 pop or something when the merge happens, but I don't really see another competitor popping up to challenge whatever "A" guild is left, and you'll start to see numbers really fall off then.

The community here is a living thing. Even though it doesn't seem like much, just going into EC and seeing the same 10 people spamming shit is life, and people play here for the life the community has. As people start to log in and see less and less of it, whether it be EC spam or groupage in CoM, they'll start to leave too. Lower pop is NOT the answer, just look at red.

bktroost
05-08-2016, 09:06 PM

I wish they would all come and make a post in our guild recruitment thread just to show off the guy's work. He's awesome. They are all slightly different, yet have a similiar feel to them. A motif.

It's definitely one of the coolest parts of being AG.

Gimp
05-08-2016, 10:37 PM

its very fun. the mobs are buffed so they complete walkovers (although still not very hard) ... but when was the last time you killed a mob in A/A expecting a challenge ? lol.

guilds are split raiding trak/gore/sev/tal at the moment (so split their raid into two instances doing low number kills) which is always more fun than 150 people killing a dragon while 120 sit by waiting to see if they somehow make a mistake.

the socking still happens in open world but its not extreme. my guild has killed open world gore / trak etc a bunch of times just as we were running to our instanced raid.

gimp: the ench epic is a shit fight at the moment. VT is camped socked by 40 people at the moment all trying to get it. however ench is the most desired class at the moment.

its a great server and i'd recommend it to anyone thats sick of the socking on p99. its not even real competition. its just a series of dice rolls after x number of hours.

fucking ew

Gimp
05-08-2016, 10:37 PM
well, that didn't work.

I meant fucking ew on 40 people socking VT. That sounds fuckin awful

nicemace
05-08-2016, 10:42 PM
well, that didn't work.

I meant fucking ew on 40 people socking VT. That sounds fuckin awful

yeah its by far the worst epic roadblock and it doesnt help that ench is the most desired class in groups so every man and his dog is playing a ench at the moment. every other class is easymode epics.

Mistle
05-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Yeah. It sounds like P99.

The reason its like that is the cities don't spawn instances like everywhere else does. Nobody else has that problem, it's just an enchanter epic thing.

Bruno
05-08-2016, 10:52 PM
Welcome pals.

http://i.imgur.com/jsyMxjh.jpg?1

Hit me up on Smith if you need anything.

xexbis0
05-08-2016, 11:01 PM
How willfully ignorant are you?

Shorter variance means everything is going to be on the same day. Meaning that a_random_trashy_ntov_dragon could be ignored because A/A are going for CT or tormax for instance.

VS dying again to A/A is because he simply isn't on the same day as more important things or anything is going on. VS made from 7 day to 3 day spawn has nothing to do with variance.

Long variance guarantees the win for A/A. They got the resources to cover those 16 hours that the smaller guilds can't. Spawn times and the "value" of the mobs can get spread around such that, it would be acceptable to maybe loose out on a_random_trashy_ntov_dragon to scoop up say a_better_VP_dragon or trakanon.

Velious earthquakes reset Velious timers and not Kunarks moran.

xexbis0
05-08-2016, 11:02 PM

Less people = less capable forces to combat the big dogs. It changes nothing except watering down any possible competition the true neckbeards could ever have.

Priceline
05-08-2016, 11:14 PM
...one monster guild getting 80% of the pixels and 3-4 smaller guilds farming HOT and picking up a few targets here and there...

This reminds me of something. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Oh yea, raiding in EQ live during Velious era.. I'm so forgetful :(

jcr4990
05-08-2016, 11:28 PM
This reminds me of something. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Oh yea, raiding in EQ live during Velious era.. I'm so forgetful :(

What crappy live server did you play on?

JurisDictum
05-08-2016, 11:36 PM

Keep tracking along

Thiefboy777
05-09-2016, 07:32 AM

Add to that, this P99 server is done, there's no more content ever. At least you get Luclin, PoP and beyond...this Velious shit is getting old fast.

Swish
05-09-2016, 07:37 AM
Add to that, this P99 server is done, there's no more content ever. At least you get Luclin, PoP and beyond...this Velious shit is getting old fast.

Everyone was demanding it for years, then it hits and people are ungrateful.

Lammy
05-09-2016, 07:47 AM
unhappy people IRL will always find things to complain about.

Ravager
05-09-2016, 07:54 AM

That won't stop the neckbeards from blocking the content for another 5 years.

arsenalpow
05-09-2016, 07:55 AM
unhappy people IRL will always find things to complain about.

Do you think that's really the case? I'm just unhappy irl so I'm just projecting?

Thiefboy777
05-09-2016, 07:58 AM
Everyone was demanding it for years, then it hits and people are ungrateful.

I mean I played Velious hard for like 8 months, I did enjoy it. It's just over.

Spyder73
05-09-2016, 08:41 AM
Phinny was OK for a bit. The progression is a blessing and curse. It is a blessing in that you always have something on the horizon to look forward to, it’s a curse because you know all your gear will be dog shit in a few weeks…

Overall it wasn’t what I was looking for, and instanced raiding is actually pretty lame once you do it a few cycles.

I will probably come back when I can make a Beastlord…at least try it out again. The leveling process in EQ is just so brutal…starting over sucks and can be quite daunting.

Maybe I can join bdGAY

Sodors Finest Poster
05-09-2016, 08:43 AM
Speaks volumes to where EQ Live was headed when the interest level in progression servers tamper off when they get past planes of power. If fact, they have to keep releasing progression servers to keep the hype going as people re-live the early expansions over and over again.

Its much like the Thomas and friends franchise. The most successful episodes are reboots of old stories (Henry sitting in a tunnel so he wont get wet, Gordon's revenge on Thomas for being called 'lazy bones or even Jame's wooden brakes).

Swish
05-09-2016, 09:06 AM
not sure how CGI Thomas was ever successful

Sodors Finest Poster
05-09-2016, 09:22 AM
not sure how CGI Thomas was ever successful

It isn't.

The new CGI Thomas are just like the Luclin models on EQ in that they sucked.

k2summit
05-09-2016, 10:50 AM
I thought about phinny and decided against it for some reason. I played on one some years back when it launched(mayong I think?) It wasn't time locked tho, so the guild I joined was stopping at 65 and doing PoP/GoD. It was fun, but ultimately a shit show. Mbye I'll reconsider phin. I rarely play on p99 anymore and when I do I just Fuck around on an alt. Just trying to enjoy EQ I guess. To the morans saying BDA threw in the towel. It's called reality. They want some EQ, but don't like the current engame of their server. They did what any rational human being does, you remove yourself from situations you find uncomfortable. Let the retards click air. The haters are just jealous cuz you are are enjoying your EQ, and they aren't.

FatMice
05-09-2016, 11:03 AM
I thought about phinny and decided against it for some reason. I played on one some years back when it launched(mayong I think?) It wasn't time locked tho, so the guild I joined was stopping at 65 and doing PoP/GoD. It was fun, but ultimately a shit show. Mbye I'll reconsider phin. I rarely play on p99 anymore and when I do I just Fuck around on an alt. Just trying to enjoy EQ I guess. To the morans saying BDA threw in the towel. It's called reality. They want some EQ, but don't like the current engame of their server. They did what any rational human being does, you remove yourself from situations you find uncomfortable. Let the retards click air. The haters are just jealous cuz you are are enjoying your EQ, and they aren't.

Addiction was the name of the guild? Or The Faceless Order? If Protocol was the guild leader, I was in that guild with ya bro!

Aarhus (Ranger)

Nitsude
05-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Vise was the leader of Addiction

FatMice
05-09-2016, 12:11 PM
OH yea. Protocol was The Faceless Order.

Too much EQing. It all blends.

FatMice
05-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Also, I miss Lilnits!

k2summit
05-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Addiction was the name of the guild? Or The Faceless Order? If Protocol was the guild leader, I was in that guild with ya bro!

Aarhus (Ranger)

Addiction was the guild, Yup.

khandman
05-09-2016, 01:28 PM
I wish they would all come and make a post in our guild recruitment thread just to show off the guy's work. He's awesome. They are all slightly different, yet have a similiar feel to them. A motif.

It's definitely one of the coolest parts of being AG.

Something about your man that reminds me of Big Boss :)

bktroost
05-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Something about your man that reminds me of Big Boss :)

hehe, eyepatches are where it's at.

Jfertal
05-09-2016, 05:17 PM

Which trak was this? I don't think so pal!

thufir
05-09-2016, 05:23 PM
What crappy live server did you play on?

dunno about that guy, but Xegony was this way. One guild monopolized end game content and everyone else picked up what they could. But the other guilds couldn't even really compete, so it wasn't that much of an issue. Smaller guilds spent what time they had gearing up and working through strategies on whatever boss they were trying at the time, and never got to "the end" before a new xpac was released.

jcr4990
05-09-2016, 06:15 PM
I can't speak for other servers but my memory of early days on The Rathe there were at least 3-4 guilds getting shit consistently

thufir
05-09-2016, 06:20 PM
I can't speak for other servers but my memory of early days on The Rathe there were at least 3-4 guilds getting shit consistently

Lucky you. I remember walking through places like West Temple of Veeshan and Yelinak's lair in Skyshrine and seeing every named mob up because the guild that could kill the nameds hadn't gotten around to it yet. Those were certainly the days.

JurisDictum
05-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Speaks volumes to where EQ Live was headed when the interest level in progression servers tamper off when they get past planes of power. If fact, they have to keep releasing progression servers to keep the hype going as people re-live the early expansions over and over again.

Its much like the Thomas and friends franchise. The most successful episodes are reboots of old stories (Henry sitting in a tunnel so he wont get wet, Gordon's revenge on Thomas for being called 'lazy bones or even Jame's wooden brakes).

I think most people agree that PoP was the peak of EQ. There was a ton of stuff to do for everyone and the classes were well balanced. Anything past that is basically WoW anyway.

Uuruk
05-09-2016, 09:52 PM
I think most people agree that PoP was the peak of EQ. There was a ton of stuff to do for everyone and the classes were well balanced. Anything past that is basically WoW anyway.

Not the devs who created this cesspool

xexbis0
05-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Well listening to Sirken and Breaken and Detoxx on the stream is pretty painful. Sirken's completely clueless as to the mechanics and Breaken and Detoxx are advocating to keep the status quo of thousands of man hours weekly. Phinny's looking mighty sexy.

Breaken
05-09-2016, 10:08 PM
The only thing I said was that I don't agree with limiting FTErs...

Gimp
05-09-2016, 10:11 PM

I don't really have a dog in this fight anymore, but I'm so confused as to why you wouldn't agree to like a 7 person limit. It's plenty to make it to anywhere in TOV, and it's more than enough for Kael. You're just so caught up in this "I don't wanna limit people from having fun" bs argument that you're failing to see the benefits for everyone in limiting FTE per side. Nobody wants to show up somewhere and see 30 people from another guild, that's just retarded.

jcr4990
05-09-2016, 10:12 PM

Yea cause 20 FTE racers per guild makes total sense

Uuruk
05-09-2016, 10:12 PM
I don't really have a dog in this fight anymore, but I'm so confused as to why you wouldn't agree to like a 7 person limit. It's plenty to make it to anywhere in TOV, and it's more than enough for Kael. You're just so caught up in this "I don't wanna limit people from having fun" bs argument that you're failing to see the benefits for everyone in limiting FTE per side. Nobody wants to show up somewhere and see 30 people from another guild, that's just retarded.

At this point it's not even Everquest.

Gimp
05-09-2016, 10:16 PM
At this point it's not even Everquest.

Let's be honest, this server hasn't been EQ in a very long time. A lot of us just went along with it because it was different, and at some times could be very fun. I really enjoyed VP races. I really enjoyed Kael races at first, but they're just not the same. You had to deal with 2drake and random see invis shit in VP..Kael is just a "who got off the line first and doesn't fuck up" race outside of low level statue aggro, bow procs, and that other sort of nonsense.

JurisDictum
05-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Let's be honest, this server hasn't been EQ in a very long time. A lot of us just went along with it because it was different, and at some times could be very fun.

The problem is the guys running this server are talking to the dozen guys that find this fun. Everyone thinks its retarded except a handful of people that worked really hard to beat the system as it currently exists.

Don't get me wrong. Racing can be fun. It's just nothing to make a career out of. It also seems to me, arbitrary. Why not do a god damn math test to decide who gets the mob? Or maybe we should all just wip it out and measure our combined penis sizes, and the most inches gets to fight the dragon.

The only thing that seems like real, playable eq to me, is rotation. The EQ that is left after all these years of abuse the server went through.

Troubled
05-09-2016, 10:56 PM
Well listening to Sirken and Breaken and Detoxx on the stream is pretty painful. Sirken's completely clueless as to the mechanics and Breaken and Detoxx are advocating to keep the status quo of thousands of man hours weekly. Phinny's looking mighty sexy.

Raev
05-09-2016, 11:06 PM
The problem is the guys running this server are talking to the dozen guys that find this fun. Everyone thinks its retarded except a handful of people that worked really hard to beat the system as it currently exists.

Don't get me wrong. Racing can be fun. It's just nothing to make a career out of. It also seems to me, arbitrary. Why not do a god damn math test to decide who gets the mob? Or maybe we should all just wip it out and measure our combined penis sizes, and the most inches gets to fight the dragon.

The only thing that seems like real, playable eq to me, is rotation. The EQ that is left after all these years of abuse the server went through.

yup

Shinko
05-09-2016, 11:10 PM
can imba and xerxes Join?

jcr4990
05-09-2016, 11:30 PM

I eventually had to turn the stream off. It's too painful to listen to. Went back to chatting with my pals on voip and slaying monsters for phat exp on Phinny. Ding 30.

jcr4990
05-10-2016, 12:37 AM
How bad are the bot armys on phinny? Does the fact you actually have to pay keep the 1 man guilds away?

Phinny is restricted to 1 account per pc. So to box you have to run multiple PC's. I've seen one or two people 2 boxing. Never seen a 3+ boxer since I started. Although I've heard of somebody that 4 boxes.

It's nothing like the box armies you may have seen on Ragefire or Lockjaw with like 18 accounts on 1 PC with box software.

Ella`Ella
05-10-2016, 12:39 AM
Who would have thought that IB/Rampage and TMO/Forsaken would have vanished and Taken and Asgard would be the top dogs destroying the raid scene in Velious?

Troubled
05-10-2016, 01:38 AM
Who would have thought that IB/Rampage and TMO/Forsaken would have vanished and Taken and Asgard would be the top dogs destroying the raid scene in Velious?

Isn't that what happened?

nicemace
05-10-2016, 04:28 AM
Phinny is restricted to 1 account per pc. So to box you have to run multiple PC's. I've seen one or two people 2 boxing. Never seen a 3+ boxer since I started. Although I've heard of somebody that 4 boxes.

It's nothing like the box armies you may have seen on Ragefire or Lockjaw with like 18 accounts on 1 PC with box software.

i 6 box cause i play late night and i dislike sitting LFG for hours on end (it does happen).

there aren't the 30+ box armies like on ragefire or lockjaw because as lololol says you need an additional computer to run extra accounts.

a lot of the time its more effort than its worth, but its good when cant get a group and $$$

as for paying... yeah you don't pay. you can buy monthly subs off other players called Krono for ingame plat. Currently 8k plat will get you a monthly sub, that will increase however.

yes there are boxers, power levellers, plat farmers soloing camps. but because there are /picks (these are open world instances) of many of the popular zones its no way near as disruptive as on P99. ive seen 20+ instances of seb before. ive had a instance all to myself in the late night.

if you're down for just playing casual or semi serious without bullshit or even super serious without bullshit. its all available on phinny.

if any p99 pals play hit me up. im happy to PL a bit and help out with some starting coin to get some basic items.

JurisDictum
05-10-2016, 06:19 AM
I have to say, you just figured this out....

give me a moment.. wait, you just figured this out?

How do you think IB got to RMT thrice- while TMO was banned for not ever RMT'ing.

There's little evidence IB likes this style of play more...they usually were the first to quit out of the two.

xexbis0
05-10-2016, 10:41 AM

Let's be honest. The raid scene in Velious was destroyed the second some genius came up with the idea to form a super guild to run rampant over all of the content uncontested for months on end the second it was released. It's not like the server had been waiting years for the content. Let's call waking the Sleeper what it was as well. A dick move. Those guys just HAD to have one last "fuck you" moment in the sun. Rampage is the most disgusting thing to ever happen to this server. Talk to most of them. They believe they are god's gift to EQ as well.

BTW, you're fooling yourself if you think Breaken or Taken is running Awakened. I don't even need to explain how worthless Asgard truly is and how they've been carried by Forsaken. They can't even debate it. They just call you a dumb dumb for bringing it up. Same players. Different guilds. As it's been for years.

Worst of all, I've seen some very nice people (to be honest the coolest group of people I've been around since MMOing) become some very entitled and huge dicks that buy into this whole "dick swinging feud". I don't recognize most.

Sweettouch
05-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Let's be honest. The raid scene in Velious was destroyed the second some genius came up with the idea to form a super guild to run rampant over all of the content uncontested for months on end the second it was released. It's not like the server had been waiting years for the content. Let's call waking the Sleeper what it was as well. A dick move. Those guys just HAD to have one last "fuck you" moment in the sun. Rampage is the most disgusting thing to ever happen to this server. Talk to most of them. They believe they are god's gift to EQ as well.

BTW, you're fooling yourself if you think Breaken or Taken is running Awakened. I don't even need to explain how worthless Asgard truly is and how they've been carried by Forsaken. They can't even debate it. They just call you a dumb dumb for bringing it up. Same players. Different guilds. As it's been for years.

Worst of all, I've seen some very nice people (to be honest the coolest group of people I've been around since MMOing) become some very entitled and huge dicks that buy into this whole "dick swinging feud". I don't recognize most.people aren't dicks or toxic on phinny. Just saying

arsenalpow
05-10-2016, 12:39 PM
people aren't dicks or toxic on phinny. Just saying

They are, it's just not as pervasive. All the loot keeps the population docile.

Spyder73
05-10-2016, 12:50 PM
They are, it's just not as pervasive. All the loot keeps the population docile.

Keep telling yourself that fat boy

EvilQuest
05-10-2016, 01:24 PM
odd post by some novel writing crybaby weirdo

jcr4990
05-10-2016, 01:30 PM
I just gotta say it feels fucking GOOG knowing never again will I have to bind sight an empty room and stare at it for hours and hours hoping for a small chance at a small piece of the pixel pie.

Lammy
05-10-2016, 01:45 PM
BDA members already self-justifying because they miss p99 lol

Pokesan
05-10-2016, 01:47 PM
is detoxx gonna chase every rival guild off the server

jcr4990
05-10-2016, 01:48 PM

Dude I have a firepot bound necro with a pre-nerf fungi staff. My pixel future is bright as fuck too. Do u srs think I miss P99?

Nibblewitz
05-10-2016, 01:54 PM

Bregan D'Aerth: Project 1999's Premiere Forum Guild.

Thana8088
05-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Dude I have a firepot bound necro with a pre-nerf fungi staff. My pixel future is bright as fuck too. Do u srs think I miss P99?

Maybe give p99 a chance to miss you?

;)

Nibblewitz
05-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Haven't we all given p99 enough at this point?

Nirgon
05-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Haven't we all given p99 enough at this point?

not everything

not yet

arsenalpow
05-10-2016, 02:07 PM
Blood and semen. Separate of course.

Nibblewitz
05-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Blood and semen. Separate of course.

Damn. Guess I can't go the full 16 hours then.

Gorillas
05-10-2016, 02:34 PM

You're here posting on multiple threads, so yes

jcr4990
05-10-2016, 02:42 PM
You're here posting on multiple threads, so yes

I'm a sucker for Forumquest. I don't miss the server one tiny little bit.

xexbis0
05-10-2016, 02:55 PM
I'm a sucker for Forumquest. I don't miss the server one tiny little bit.

Sitting at a desk from 9-5 sucks balls. I'll back you up. It's this, music, chess.com, and WGT.com while neglecting work.

Spyder73
05-10-2016, 02:56 PM
"if the decent into total addiction was 12 steps, what # step is the step you take right before losing your job over Everquest?" – Iruinedyourday

An interesting question. I believe this is the progression one needs to follow in order to achieve total immersion. Please feel free to add your thoughts (Not you Caldabolg - you pathetic piece of sh!t).

1) Installing Project 1999
2) Reaching level 50 on your first character
3) Joining a raiding guild
4) Getting on the Batphone list
5) First time you call in sick for the sole purpose of socking a raid mob
6) Quickly leaving a real life social event to answer a Batphone summons
7) Playing more than 50 hours in a single week
8) Growing a neck beard because there is no need to shave since you don’t leave your house accept to go to work.
9) Getting fired from a job for EQ related work performance decline.
10) Getting divorced because your immersion level has hit 10 and your wife has started cheating on you because all you do now is not work and play EQ.
11) Losing custody of your children because EQ has total control of your soul
12) Stop playing P99 all together and focus solely on Forumquest meme’s and GIFs.

Wlecome to the promised land Trollolololol

Lammy
05-10-2016, 02:59 PM
He never even made it to step 3

jcr4990
05-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Wlecome to the promised land Trollolololol

That list is surprisingly accurate. Except never married/no kids I've fulfilled most of that.

Spyder73
05-10-2016, 03:05 PM
He never even made it to step 3

Kekekekeke

FatMice
05-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Sitting at a desk from 9-5 sucks balls. WGT.com

Holy shit I love you.

FatMice
05-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Holy shit I love you.

Nevermind, I take it back. This shit is basically pay to play.

xexbis0
05-10-2016, 04:11 PM

Nah it's not. Some of it is more challenging without longer distance drivers and crap. More than anything, the game is just fricking hard. It's not like that game you play at bars when you're fucked up. I used to have a hard ass time cracking 80 when I first joined. I'm still not that good tbh. I probably average -1 or -2 on my rounds with a few upgrades. Play the free tournies before you level up too much.

FatMice
05-10-2016, 04:14 PM
I will have to investigate more. I still love Golden Tee. I was in a Tiger Woods Nike Golf Camp and after the camp shut down for the day, it was bar + Golden Tee till 10pm. Shit was addicting.

xexbis0
05-10-2016, 04:15 PM

Oh I still spend like half my days playing shooting a shit ass round, withdrawing on hole 5, and being like F this, tomorrow maybe.

xexbis0
05-10-2016, 04:18 PM
I will have to investigate more. I still love Golden Tee. I was in a Tiger Woods Nike Golf Camp and after the camp shut down for the day, it was bar + Golden Tee till 10pm. Shit was addicting.

Yeah I mean I could shoot -18s all day on GT at the bars, but this game is just fucking HARD. Nothing like GT. Also, when chipping outta any rough, bunker, etc...only use "flop" and the other one that knocks it into the air. You'll learn real quick that chipping it 10x to move it 2 feet is bullcrap lol. The pickup games with other people are really the fun part too. Decent chunk are sociable and will give tips.

Ella`Ella
05-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Y'all mother fuckas need https://www.geoguessr.com at work.

Spyder73
05-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Gentleman - this thread is dedicated to heckling BDA - please stay on topic

destroyed the rotation...Fat IRL...Unable to compete...small hands...literally hundreds of avenues for you to pick

xexbis0
05-10-2016, 04:26 PM
Gentleman - this thread is dedicated to heckling BDA - please stay on topic

destroyed the rotation...Fat IRL...Unable to compete...small hands...literally hundreds of avenues for you to pick

Apologies. Any advice from BDA on the new server so I know "not to follow it?"

Cause you guys suck, and I'd hate to know anything that you guys figured out about Phinny that might hinder us other migratees. Would really appreciate any avoidable input.

FatMice
05-10-2016, 04:33 PM
I'd rather talk about golf than BAD, eerr BDA.

FatMice
05-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Oh... one of these days when I have more than 700 sf to live in, I will have a man cave with Golden Tea. Damn... I need to find a Golden Tee machine tonight.

FatMice
05-10-2016, 04:35 PM
Umbrella seriously? Even if you only had 5min to waste, I'd rather log on to meatspin for a quick viewing than randomly clicking on geosites on a Google Maps as a game...

FatMice
05-10-2016, 04:42 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-GOLDEN-TEE-GOLF-HOME-EDITION-VIDEO-ARCADE-GAME-TV-EDITION-BRAND-NEW-in-BOX-/141984543530

Tann
05-10-2016, 05:35 PM
Apologies. Any advice from BDA on the new server so I know "not to follow it?"

Cause you guys suck, and I'd hate to know anything that you guys figured out about Phinny that might hinder us other migratees. Would really appreciate any avoidable input.

you can't solo effectively, "modern" spell effects, focus effects already in game, spell levels are all over the place (nec/mag pets at lv2??? WTF), factions are way off/different, revamped zones are in place, etc..

no competition for pixels.. but at what cost?

jcr4990
05-10-2016, 05:36 PM
you can't solo effectively, "modern" spell effects, focus effects already in game, spell levels are all over the place (nec/mag pets at lv2??? WTF), factions are way off/different, revamped zones are in place, etc..

Mage pets at lvl 2

OH SHIT MY IMMERSION IS RUINED

Pokesan
05-10-2016, 05:40 PM

Does Phinny have gif contests concerned severe injuries happening to children?

Tann
05-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Does Phinny have gif contests concerned severe injuries happening to children?

awww where did the Mr. Steal Your Girl avatar go?

Pokesan
05-10-2016, 05:45 PM
awww where did the Mr. Steal Your Girl avatar go?

Changed it in honor of my favorite jabbering mental patient Daywolf

reptilian shapeshifters rule his world

Swish
05-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Mage pets at lvl 2

OH SHIT MY IMMERSION IS RUINED

still checking in to see if Rogean/Sirken changed the raid scene for you yet?

jcr4990
05-10-2016, 06:45 PM
still checking in to see if Rogean/Sirken changed the raid scene for you yet?

At this point I'm not sure I'd come back if they did

JurisDictum
05-11-2016, 01:34 AM
At this point I'm not sure I'd come back if they did

You'll be back. And I'll be here to say I told you so.

Swish
05-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Probably never left

Ravager
05-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Probably never left

Good thing he didn't create a thread in Server Chat making a big deal about his departure, or it might be embarrassing for him when he does come back.

Swish
05-11-2016, 09:57 AM
Good thing he didn't create a thread in Server Chat making a big deal about his departure, or it might be embarrassing for him when he does come back.

I don't often see Ravager post, but when I do...

1. He's mad.
2. It's my fault.

bktroost
05-11-2016, 10:00 AM

I, for one, am glad he's back.

EvilQuest
05-11-2016, 10:02 AM
I don't often see Ravager post, but when I do...

1. He's mad.
2. It's my fault.

u rly think you're some kind of forum ninja rofl.

weird

Lammy
05-11-2016, 10:02 AM
seems like a man of principle, doubt he'll ever come back

Swish
05-11-2016, 10:14 AM
u rly think you're some kind of forum ninja rofl.

weird

The best forum ninjas are probably the anon accounts, wouldn't you say?

jcr4990
05-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Didn't say I wouldn't come back said I'm "not sure" I would. At this point I'm leaning heavily towards not playing P99 again. Maybe in a couple years when Phinny goes beyond OoW/DoDh era and I start hating it again. But then again there will probly be a new progression server by then so maybe I'll go there. Maybe eventually I'll get sick of this game or *gasp* a new MMO comes out that doesn't suck! Either way hopefully when/if I play P99 again raiding won't consist of 2 guilds staring at walls for 16 hours.