PDA

View Full Version : BDA to Phinigel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

arsenalpow
02-20-2017, 02:19 PM
it only works if people care enough to update their magelo

nhdjoseywales
02-20-2017, 02:51 PM
You mean to tell me you can split raid Quarm, a fully slowable mob, whose only challenge is healing AE damage... on a server where they allow out of era 700 HP/tick potions with 30s duration and 120s recast to be made for about 10 plat. No....

Remove Heal Pots and lets talk Quarm splits.

We two split it and those Heal pots trivialize Quarm. I am 100x more impressed if you 3-split Tallon/Vallon/Rallos.

we did 3 split them

Daldaen
02-20-2017, 03:34 PM
Talk about that then. Cause Quarm is generally understood to be a joke compared to the Zeks and maybe even CT/Bertox if you wanna throw them into the basket too.

Erati
02-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Where's EoE at to show us how ez it is?

Easy there big dawg, EoE did a 2 split of Quarm for our second clear and things will only get easier. I dont think everyone enjoyed 2 splitting due to the amount of crappy boxes that had to be used so I doubt a 3 split will happen super soon but EoE is also a casual guild so that's probably where the hardcore line is drawn.

If you can 3 split Quarm, you are probably in a large hardcore Phinny guild. Grats!

How many people are in each of these splits btw?

Daldaen
02-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Serious question, how many active raid mains does OGC have?

I don't think EoE can fill a raid with mains. We have 1 Shaman 3 clerics and 3 Druid mains on our roster right now for example.

Sweettouch
02-20-2017, 04:19 PM
Screens or didn't happen.

Daldaen
02-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Yea we have less than 50 Mains over 50% RA. Lol... I'm surprised we can even 2-split.

Should be set up pretty good once GoD drops and 54-man is the cap on instances.

Sweettouch
02-20-2017, 04:31 PM
So,why the hell did ol' Trolly leave anyway? I missed that part

William_Munny15
02-20-2017, 04:56 PM
I think it started with him not getting a Vulak robe on his necro? he got chest slammed and they gave it to a lower RA cleric so he flew the coop

Sweettouch
02-20-2017, 05:01 PM
You of all people prolly would know better than anyone. Just got tired of loot council fuckery. Vulak robe going to Doab when he had several BiS pieces and I had nothing was the final straw (Once again. Not the only straw)

I just wanted you to admit it when I warned you nonstop about this ;)

Nibblewitz
02-20-2017, 05:10 PM
We did get a lot of attendance out of you, at the price of zero hammers of the dragonborn.

And apparently zero Vulak robes, which is most impressive.

Keep up the good work LC.

arsenalpow
02-20-2017, 05:14 PM
I think it started with him not getting a Vulak robe on his necro? he got chest slammed and they gave it to a lower RA cleric so he flew the coop

the cleric that got the robe was damn near 100% RA, still is

Daldaen
02-20-2017, 05:20 PM
Cleric was mid 80's RA as well as the necro at the time it dropped. BDA SPIN MACHINE GO~

Like they did defending you when you sniped some poor noobs 8th ring?

/trollololololol (see what I did there???)

But really BDA LC can't be corrupt. I have reports Chest still uses a Fungi and an Earring of Solstice (wtf?). He wouldn't be wearing these pixels if he were corrupt.

Daldaen
02-20-2017, 05:29 PM
For everyone except glorious leader Chest.

#GiveChestQuarmOverhaste

Papa
02-20-2017, 05:34 PM
3 different people have messaged me saying BDA LC has improved drastically since I left. Lots more transparency and they've started announcing names of everyone that puts a tell in for each item amongst other things. I guess you're welcome for that :P

giving yourself a lot of credit there lol

Man0warr
02-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Actually they started announcing who sent tells for items because of all the alt/box fuckery and it was less work if everyone knew a main sent a tell that they need not bother on their alt. Instead of whoever taking tells got 15 responses and had to sort through it all.

Pretty sure they started doing it before you even left the guild officially, because it was in the middle of Velious/NToV.

Man0warr
02-20-2017, 05:57 PM
Showing who sent tells for an item wouldn't change anything in your situation though. You just would have been disappointed sooner. The leadership was pretty clear in it's intentions of gearing out Warriors and Clerics first - good or bad idea doesn't really matter as I know you were well aware that first robe was going to a Cleric.

You were looking for an easy way out to go to greener loot pastures and thought you got it.

Superranger
02-20-2017, 05:57 PM
Pixels package

Ravager
02-20-2017, 06:00 PM
I was lurking on the BDA forums the other day and it's remarkable just how much they they still talk about Trollolololol. His influence on policies and guild dynamics has been quite profound. All of their polls about what the guild should do next usually include a discussion on what Trollolololol would find acceptable.

You should go back Troll, it's a new BDA designed with you in mind. A guild for Trollolololol by Trollolololol.

Nibblewitz
02-20-2017, 06:06 PM
There's even a discussion about a welcome home party where you can "steal" another 8th ring turn-in.

Agdan
02-20-2017, 06:18 PM
I get that people leave guilds because they disagree with how that guild is ran etc etc..... thats fine, but those that continue to whine about the guild for weeks, months, or or even years later make me cringe. Also, its even better when they pat themselves on the back for changes the guild makes after they have left when they literally had nothing to do with said changes. I'm looking at you, Moardots. Let it go, "bro".

http://i.imgur.com/sBfG9.gif

XnderXcore
02-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Holy shit, y'all are still doing this? How has Phinny been?

XnderXcore
02-20-2017, 06:32 PM
I didn't (and almost never do) bring it up. I responded when someone else asked and it went from there.Sure bro, I fuckin bet.

Agdan
02-20-2017, 06:34 PM
I didn't (and almost never do) bring it up. I responded when someone else asked and it went from there.

http://i.imgur.com/seh6p.gif

khanable
02-20-2017, 06:38 PM
trollololol left bda?

Daldaen
02-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Yes

Where you been? Haven't seen you online the past few days

Been getting immersed in PoK with no scroll wheel.

khanable
02-20-2017, 07:11 PM
it's amazing

so nostalgic

and no one there is a god damned ornament drag queen because that shit don't exist yo

Man0warr
02-20-2017, 07:24 PM
Do you think I was too afraid to just leave for another guild without making up an excuse if that's what I wanted? Lol give me a break. I'd probably still have a BDA tag to this day if I didn't have 100% RA for like 3 months and got zero high value items. I sat in vent listening to Chest and a handful of other people (Mostly officers) comparing how many BiS items they had. The list went from like 3 to 7 or some shit. My best item was like a rotting zlandicar's heart after we already guildbanked one. I don't care if some retard thought clerics needed FT to progress (they didn't) I mained a cleric through all of VT with bazaar bullshit gear and almost every fight had mana to spare. Spin it however you want.

I think you are exaggerating. We hadn't even killed Vulak yet, how did any officer have 7 BiS?

Daldaen
02-20-2017, 07:36 PM
it's amazing

so nostalgic

and no one there is a god damned ornament drag queen because that shit don't exist yo

Man speaks the truth. Gonna raid CT in PoFear tonight without a scroll wheel. Will be in the CH Chain since you can actually pull him inside a tower and corner him without him warping up top and since you can properly resist a 0 resist check fear on a level 60 warrior with Resist songs rolling... Like classic intended CT to be done.

Kushie
02-20-2017, 07:42 PM
You didn't send tells on anything else and it was the first Vulak robe on the first Vulak kill during the first ToV clear.

Let it go man.

Lazie
02-20-2017, 08:09 PM
it's amazing

so nostalgic

This.

P99 butchered the though of Classic EQ in a lot of ways with the raid scene.

Takp has brought the nostalgia back.

Mistle
02-20-2017, 08:28 PM
This.

P99 butchered the though of Classic EQ in a lot of ways with the raid scene.

Takp has brought the nostalgia back.

I had my first raid there a couple days ago. Not a single person standing around watching a skype stream waiting for KT to pop to serve as one of Sirken's "competition rats". KT to zoneline, not a single person shouted "CONCEDE!". I even got velium encrusted gloves out of it, somehow, even though the sum total of my contribution was probably sub 30 dps and occasional heals on the rampage tank (hey I was only L51).

It honestly brings back a feel that p99 has forgotten about. Cannot honestly recommend p99 for classic nostalgia anymore, at least not from 50+.

Of course, for modern conveniences, nothing beats Phinny. There's no playable frogs on Takp and that's just something you can only get from DBG.

burkemi5
02-20-2017, 10:04 PM
I said there was 5 other people in there ya dweeb

Now there's 44 in main pick and 46 in the other and 0 camps open and no mobs anywhere. Scrubs errwhere.

How is this possible? Swish said that Phinny is dead...

Ella`Ella
02-20-2017, 10:37 PM
trollololol left bda?

He deserves so much more.

bigjerry
02-20-2017, 11:02 PM
are you a top or a bottom

Relbaic
02-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Rathe Council one shot, assholes.

Man0warr
02-21-2017, 12:19 AM
Tofu raid MVP for kiting 6 Councilmen forever after we screwed up.

Man0warr
02-21-2017, 12:36 AM
Why did you kite them? Just so you didn't have to split them again to find the mezzables?

Because we accidentally infected whole raid with aggro on the non-mezzables before we were ready.

Kushie
02-21-2017, 12:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/k58Xb3M.jpg

Alenon
02-21-2017, 12:44 AM
and we still have over 5 months of doing the same thing over and over :P

Kushie
02-21-2017, 12:56 AM
casual scum http://i.imgur.com/DcUnIti.jpg

Goat
02-21-2017, 01:18 AM
Feeeeeelllss sooo goooooodddd

arsenalpow
02-21-2017, 01:19 AM
Air tomorrow, water Wednesday, and that's a wrap.

khysanth
02-21-2017, 02:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/IrQUcJn.jpg

Sweettouch
02-21-2017, 02:54 AM
If trollolol was still around it would've died sooner. Fact

LostCause
02-21-2017, 06:29 AM
I had my first raid there a couple days ago. Not a single person standing around watching a skype stream waiting for KT to pop to serve as one of Sirken's "competition rats". KT to zoneline, not a single person shouted "CONCEDE!". I even got velium encrusted gloves out of it, somehow, even though the sum total of my contribution was probably sub 30 dps and occasional heals on the rampage tank (hey I was only L51).

It honestly brings back a feel that p99 has forgotten about. Cannot honestly recommend p99 for classic nostalgia anymore, at least not from 50+.

Of course, for modern conveniences, nothing beats Phinny. There's no playable frogs on Takp and that's just something you can only get from DBG.

no it isn't something you get from DBG... frogs came out with LoY which released with PoP

Daldaen
02-21-2017, 08:52 AM
casual scum http://i.imgur.com/DcUnIti.jpg

Protip, you can Raid Mark 3 and then Group Mark 3. But it appears you didn't even need this to beat it.

Grats on your pixel adventure!

nhdjoseywales
02-21-2017, 09:48 AM
It also only shows people who pay for Gold, so you'd have to be awful stupid to use that to try to rank yourself.

The majority of upper end players are gold from what i can see.

nhdjoseywales
02-21-2017, 09:49 AM
It also only shows people who pay for Gold, so you'd have to be awful stupid to use that to try to rank yourself.

PS.....There is a checkbox to see non gold. defaults, how the fuck do they work

Sweettouch
02-21-2017, 09:54 AM
Moardots and Kilzor would've made RC die faster 100% fact

Yup,too bad Kilzor died before luclin

arsenalpow
02-21-2017, 09:57 AM
Sweet off his meds again

khanable
02-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Pretty interesting to see the Rathe Council last night. I quit EQ right as Luclin dropped but continued reading the big sites.. always looked to this as the "fuck you" event of PoP. It honestly was underwhelming. Phinny just feels so easy mode, makes me sad. And this is coming from a guy whose first Phinny raid was the RC (last night) on a toon that wasn't mine and I barely knew how to play.

Is the 18 man thing for Time in effect? I don't know what it is other than the thing that made Furor have that epic meltdown. "You have 14 days..."

khanable
02-21-2017, 11:19 AM
So what does everyone do while 18 are fighting? Just watch?

Man0warr
02-21-2017, 11:19 AM
And this is coming from a guy whose first Phinny raid was the RC (last night) on a toon that wasn't mine and I barely knew how to play.

Weren't you playing a warrior?

Daldaen
02-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Pretty interesting to see the Rathe Council last night. I quit EQ right as Luclin dropped but continued reading the big sites.. always looked to this as the "fuck you" event of PoP. It honestly was underwhelming. Phinny just feels so easy mode, makes me sad. And this is coming from a guy whose first Phinny raid was the RC (last night) on a toon that wasn't mine and I barely knew how to play.

Is the 18 man thing for Time in effect? I don't know what it is other than the thing that made Furor have that epic meltdown. "You have 14 days..."

Time Phase 1 each trial allows for 18 players maximum. The original thought was that players had to engage all 5 trials simultaneously. Eventually guilds figured out to split up into 3 teams and have 2 teams TL out after their trial and head back in for another trial.

Rathe Council is all about the setup. If you want to just faceroll into the event you will fail. If you set up who is tanking what, who is mezzing what, and who is healing which tank, it's no trouble. But the Rathe Council event originally was very OP. The way it currently works the 6 tankable mobs fleck which drops their max hit to about 1/3rd of its base. Prior to this change in 2002, they continued to all hit for 3000, which meant you were offtanking 5 Councilmen all hitting for 3000 for most of the fight.

GoD will get some challenging content. Txevu has quite a few excellent events. The Runt event is neat, you have to send in one champion to start and if anyone other than your one champion interferes you fail the event. The Ukun Bloodbeast is a total cluster if you have weak DPS. High Priest is a good event just an endurance fight. The ZunMuram is probably the best scripted event in the zone/expansion. Inktuta Cursecallers and Noqufiel should also pose some issues to guilds who have a lot of dead weight.

The problem with Phinny mostly comes down to the massive DPS increase. The Mighty Buff probably should've been a bit higher to counter DPS gains from the AAs/updated hit tables.

Daldaen
02-21-2017, 11:27 AM
So what does everyone do while 18 are fighting? Just watch?

Typical strategy is three teams.

Earth/Air - 18 Dudes (3-4 Tanks, 1-2 enchanters, 1 wizard)
Water/Fire - 18 Dudes (3 Tanks, 1 enchanter, 1 wizard)
Undead - 18 Dudes (3-4 Tanks)

So the way it's done is you need a certain number of tanks to tank the mobs, the enchanters in Earth/Air have mobs to mez, rarely will you need mez in Water/Fire but having a chanter is nice. The first two teams need wizard to AE TL after beating the trial, then zoning back in and doing the next trial.

There are other ways to split it up, and you can do just two teams if you raid is smaller than 54ish people.

But yea a 72 man raid usually has 18 guys sitting out because few raids have sufficient number of tanks to do 4 split.

Daldaen
02-21-2017, 11:28 AM
It is fair though to have Rangers and Beastlords and Monks tank in some of these trials if necessary like Earth/Air.

maskedmelon
02-21-2017, 11:30 AM
I played a little more last night and managed to get caught up on my class quests. omgosh! I am super happy that I did too ^^ I got some spiffy new duds that look super cute and actually have very good stats compared to what I was wearing, plus I unlocked all my class skills that I'd been slacking on ^^; lotta fun all around.

also managed a pretty quick xp run and am getting super close to 50 and all that wonderful see that comes with it.

I did t manage any twinbee over the weekend though. I was pretty busy and had some other things to work on and take care of in addition to everything else. I don't think I posted a weekend recap, come to think of it. I'll check and try to get one up if not. It was pretty fantastic too.

How is everyone else doing with their non-classic EQ gaming?

khanable
02-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Weren't you playing a warrior?

Man I should have fraps'd me playing, shit was comical

"quit out of the dz"
/tell person01 what the fuck is a dz

"can we do a mgb whatever"
/tell person02 what the fuck is a mgb

/tell enchanter01 can i have whatever the fuck a warrior needs
/tell cleric01 can i have whatever the fuck a warrior needs
/tell shaman01 can i have whatever the fuck a warrior needs

/g i have some thing on me thats 72 curses what do

Also a 60 warrior from p99 velious to a 65 warrior from phinny pop is just completely different. I did read the threat mechanics guide (most of it at least) but I have zero practical experience actually doing anything as a warrior. I figured out that clicking "incite" is basically my mallet, and that stonewall (sp?) was basically what I use instead of defensive.. and i guess you can run multiple discs at once now, but other than that, I have no idea how to actually warrior on that server and have no practical experience doing it or any muscle memory for any of the buttons I should be pushing and what circumstances call for those buttons. :p

It was just a straight up show up, auto attack, yolo. The only time I had to do anything of value I was steamrolled immediately because I didn't know it wasn't slowed and haven't gotten used to the idea that I can actually see what debuffs are on a mob, lol

Which was more or less my point.. from my memory of many moons ago the RC seemed like the event where every motherfucker needs to not suck or you fail. In reality, it's like the rest of EQ - 5-10 people making the big plays while the rest of us have no idea what the fuck is going on and auto attack when told.

Daldaen
02-21-2017, 12:05 PM
Stonewall = Defensive. Stonewall snares you whereas Defensive reduces your DPS. Other than that the mitigation, duration and reuse are the same.

Incite is the snap aggro warriors should have gotten from the get go.

Discipline timers are split. So you can use Fortitude on a tank swap, let the CH chain switch targets or the clerics start spotting you, then when Fort drops activate Stonewall or Defensive. You know... instead of retardedly burning 10 Puppet string charges on a ranger with weaponshield up while all your enchanters spam click soulfires on the main tank while the CH chain switches over.

Your warrior perspective is skewed though on that event. You needed to have 5 tanks offtanking their mob, not kill it, while 5 clerics or Druids kept them alive, while 3-6 enchanters/bards keep the mezzed mobs locked and never allow them to memblur on the 10min forget Timer or the memblur trigger on mez, while your enchanter and shamans must run around and keep Malo/Tash/Slow on the councilmen being mezzed and tanked.

It's more like 20 dudes. You don't need an entire raid to show up until individual emotes come in and fuck the entire raid like Vishimtar with shoulder my burden triggers and death adds. Death adds are probably one of the best mechanics ever introduced to EQ tbh. Deaths should be far more punishing to your raid as a whole for overaggroing and failure to keep tanks alive. Shei / Vulak Ring were great additions with that mechanic in Luclin.

Daldaen
02-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Oh and their Area Taunt AA is a guaranteed taunt on everything in a small area, but generally it's used on a single mob as a guaranteed pick up ability. Used with Fortitude and followed up with an Incite allows you to jump into tanking if the primary tank goes down.

maskedmelon
02-21-2017, 12:10 PM
it a good thing EQ mobs are all so hotheaded and eager to wack the first thing that calls them a name rather than real threats. Imagine if the gods of norrath were intellgent...

khanable
02-21-2017, 12:14 PM
it a good thing EQ mobs are all so hotheaded and eager to wack the first thing that calls them a name rather than real threats. Imagine if the gods of norrath were intellgent...

No one would ever kill anything if that was the case

But fuck me it would be hilarious to be able to project M avatar of war or something on p99

GET FUKT CLERICS EAT SHIT

arsenalpow
02-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Fuck you vegetables that shit was not easy.

khanable
02-21-2017, 12:24 PM
Shrug y'all made it look pretty easy

Erati
02-21-2017, 12:32 PM
When will BDA take down Quarm !?!?!

Erati
02-21-2017, 12:32 PM
And can I pre-grats Chest on the Hammer of the Timeweaver??

bigjerry
02-21-2017, 12:46 PM
I played a little more last night and managed to get caught up on my class quests. omgosh! I am super happy that I did too ^^ I got some spiffy new duds that look super cute and actually have very good stats compared to what I was wearing, plus I unlocked all my class skills that I'd been slacking on ^^; lotta fun all around.

also managed a pretty quick xp run and am getting super close to 50 and all that wonderful see that comes with it.

I did t manage any twinbee over the weekend though. I was pretty busy and had some other things to work on and take care of in addition to everything else. I don't think I posted a weekend recap, come to think of it. I'll check and try to get one up if not. It was pretty fantastic too.

How is everyone else doing with their non-classic EQ gaming?

that sounds okay, but can you comment on whether there are neon "buy now" buttons plastered all over the UI of your game? I can't get hard unless I can bring up at least 2 buy nows and a cash shop shopping cart ingame.

Papa
02-21-2017, 01:25 PM
^ no1curr about your erectile dysfunction

entruil
02-21-2017, 01:29 PM
*Bad Words Song*
Dayton Family - Newspaper (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6px_TRVDS4s)

Segemund
02-21-2017, 02:53 PM
And can I pre-grats Chest on the Hammer of the Timeweaver??

Fat chance. If anyone other than Chest puts in an item he normally bows out. Had to forcefully log him in after he left raid early to get him VT loot.

Kushie
02-21-2017, 03:08 PM
First Rathe Council fight was definitely challenging. The second and third backflags we do will be much easier and faster.

Mead
02-21-2017, 03:14 PM
that sounds okay, but can you comment on whether there are neon "buy now" buttons plastered all over the UI of your game? I can't get hard unless I can bring up at least 2 buy nows and a cash shop shopping cart ingame.

What are you the Swish of in game purchasing? You seem to be constantly berging out over other people spending their money. It was trolling the first couple of times. At this point it's obsession.

maskedmelon
02-21-2017, 03:16 PM

Oh gosh, I dont know tbh :c i not very observant, but haven't noticed any, so I don't think so :c it require a sub, so cash shop not really necessary, but still it filled with all sorts of things players actually want, which is super cool. the one time I used it so far was to receive a gift from someone special and I had to do it through my web browser. it took a few minutes to make its way across the internets to my in-game mailbox, but omgosh it enhanced gameplay so much for us while actually enriching everyone else's to a degree without trivializing anything.

It a pretty fantastic implementation. It not modeled after dependency or traditional Skinner box type stuff. It all about having a good time treating you just for being there rather than have to keep hammerin the button for a diminishing dopamine drop.

Daldaen
02-21-2017, 04:14 PM
https://imgur.com/a/6YAws

Getting a bit ahead of myself but OoW Epic 2.0s. Look at the majesty. Gonna be so goooood.

Daldaen
02-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Stupid image linking.

https://i.imgur.com/dsddv2N.jpg

bigjerry
02-21-2017, 04:27 PM
What are you the Swish of in game purchasing? You seem to be constantly berging out over other people spending their money. It was trolling the first couple of times. At this point it's obsession.

uve forgotten the fourteen words if u spend ur fiat on such trifles. it is my duty to instruct you.

dafier
02-21-2017, 05:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/npTpegT.jpg

dafier
02-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Welp, all the 61-64 spells are available in PoK right now. Is Daybreak games ran by the staff here or something?

Wasn't that a time thing. After whatever time, those became available on Venders. Or, was that the expansion after PoP?

I remember them all being available on venders (minus lvl 65) at some point of time.

NecroP99
02-21-2017, 06:34 PM
Thread TLDR; bunch of cucks are cucking on a cuck server ran by cucks (EQ LIVE)

P.S. Kushie is gay

Kagey
02-21-2017, 07:32 PM
Fawk I should of stocked up while checking /barter..

khanable
02-21-2017, 07:49 PM
that sounds cool and normal

Mead
02-21-2017, 07:57 PM
uve forgotten the fourteen words if u spend ur fiat on such trifles. it is my duty to instruct you.

Banned

bye

Kushie
02-21-2017, 10:29 PM
P.S. Kushie is gay

Nah poop is nasty, im fond of vagina

Kushie
02-21-2017, 10:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9sOyGQa.jpg

Anyone triggered? Roast me

Kushie
02-21-2017, 10:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zhTcvFx.jpg

BDA is having a gay ole time over yonder

entruil
02-22-2017, 02:16 AM
huoh...

Goat
02-22-2017, 05:03 AM
Bitches and cries when he doesn't get his way, I'm sure he'll fit in just fine with you guys.

Daldaen
02-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Grats on Xegony BDA.

arsenalpow
02-22-2017, 09:35 AM
Grats on Xegony BDA.

I hated that fight more than Rathe Council. Next time we can just kill the stupid adds, kiting was way too chaotic.

Superranger
02-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Damn, Healbro is so coool and normal

Daldaen
02-22-2017, 10:21 AM
I have no idea why you actually kite those adds, do they despawn when she dies? Its so easy to kill them.

We kited them our recent attempt, she died in about 2 minutes and loot was handed out and we dropped the instance.

It's easy to kill the trash but time consuming, easier to just kite with a competent bard or SK. They don't despawn but that doesn't matter just keep kiting and do loot quick. It gives bards some practice for later expansions.

arsenalpow
02-22-2017, 10:29 AM
We kited them our recent attempt, she died in about 2 minutes and loot was handed out and we dropped the instance.

It's easy to kill the trash but time consuming, easier to just kite with a competent bard or SK. They don't despawn but that doesn't matter just keep kiting and do loot quick. It gives bards some practice for later expansions.

They don't despawn, and some them AE like assholes which makes kiting tough.

booter
02-22-2017, 01:15 PM
I have no idea why you actually kite those adds, do they despawn when she dies? Its so easy to kill them.

Going on the official RNF record to say that this is exactly what I suggested we do! :D

fastboy21
02-22-2017, 02:50 PM
page 794?

Mythanor
02-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Yea basically its all the same losers discussing their strats for phinegal server

they could go on that forum but they wont because they get more attention here

also LOW T

arsenalpow
02-22-2017, 03:27 PM
Corinav tonight. Bda will be time flagged in a few hours.

Papa
02-22-2017, 03:50 PM
man even the BDA hate is getting pretty flacid :D

nhdjoseywales
02-22-2017, 04:00 PM
man even the BDA hate is getting pretty flacid :D

Hard to hate on folks killing content you will never even see on this server

sirelothar
02-22-2017, 04:02 PM
@BDA tell me about Deviate. He joined after I left so I don't really know him. Just wondering what I should expect from his app. I hear he likes Discord so we should get along np.

Deviate is a super cool guy. I'm upset he couldn't at least give an honest answer to someone for leaving the guild and rather took the "burnt out" route and apped to your guild. Just be honest lil fucker, no one is gonna hold it against ya.

Daldaen
02-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Corinav tonight. Bda will be time flagged in a few hours.

Grats.

Just don't waste time on Coirnav killing the minis during the first 3 waves of 25 trash adds. They will respawn once all 75 trash are killed at which point you want to slay the 3 minis. Then just burn out Coirnav.

Dumbies waste their time on the minis during the wrong phase because they don't know how the event goes.

You guys have the Odylic Vial made already?

arsenalpow
02-22-2017, 04:12 PM
Grats.

Just don't waste time on Coirnav killing the minis during the first 3 waves of 25 trash adds. They will respawn once all 75 trash are killed at which point you want to slay the 3 minis. Then just burn out Coirnav.

Dumbies waste their time on the minis during the wrong phase because they don't know how the event goes.

You guys have the Odylic Vial made already?

Yarp. Vial has been done for a few days now.

booter
02-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Yarp. Vial has been done for a few days now.

After Coirnav we are headed to Qeynos as a guild to kiss Glorious Dear Leader's hand for our Time keys.

Erati
02-22-2017, 04:28 PM
just dont go to the Sebilis version of Qeynos

Daldaen
02-22-2017, 04:33 PM
After Coirnav we are headed to Qeynos as a guild to kiss Glorious Dear Leader's hand for our Time keys.

Lol only retards would do this.

nhdjoseywales
02-22-2017, 05:02 PM

You should totes do this, the number of retards it triggers is fucking astounding

Relbaic
02-22-2017, 05:05 PM
Cabilis is the only city worth visiting.

arsenalpow
02-22-2017, 05:09 PM
Cabilis is the only city worth visiting.

Qeynos is the best city in Norrath.

dafier
02-22-2017, 05:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZK682Aq.gif?noredirect

LostCause
02-22-2017, 06:38 PM
Qeynos is the best city in Norrath.

even the high level guards in qeynos drop rusty swords welcome to the ghetto home of the port to erudin.

mickmoranis
02-22-2017, 06:52 PM
how come its been almost 800 pages and bda is STILL NOT GONE

maskedmelon
02-22-2017, 06:56 PM
it a thread about non-classic Eq gaming, mick. you should share your exploits too. I been contributing a bit with what I been up too outside of here. it a way for all us folks who don't really know one another to keep in touch.

mickmoranis
02-22-2017, 07:02 PM
ok on page 3 now ill post when I catchup

nhdjoseywales
02-22-2017, 07:19 PM
You realize we are making fun of you for being a cuck right. If anything it triggered us laughing at you.

you can laugh at whatever you make up in your head that amuses you. doesn't affect me in the least. i often laugh at images of you crying over Dima cybering your woman. cuck indeed

Papa
02-22-2017, 07:42 PM
well one phinny guild's members are clearly triggered by this ongoing joke lol

nhdjoseywales
02-22-2017, 09:29 PM
well one phinny guild's members are clearly triggered by this ongoing joke lol

i just get annoyed by the gaggle of hens that sit at the fence rail talking shit about things they don't know shit about

Kushie
02-22-2017, 09:31 PM
I feel bad for the BDA that stayed on p99

Kushie
02-22-2017, 11:46 PM
BDA is in PoTime before page 800

Maner
02-22-2017, 11:54 PM
BDA is in PoTime before page 800

But it was never hard to get into PoTime really, especially if you never had any competition or dick guilds cock blocking flags and nerfed encounters......

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 12:08 AM
I don't know how to schedule raids now that we're doing 5.5 day lockouts now, also there's no loot lockouts and we can swap people between raids and things don't break?? I NEED AN ADULT

Daldaen
02-23-2017, 12:35 AM
In GoD onward everything will be 54-man cap on your raids btw Chest.

Bruno
02-23-2017, 01:32 AM
No belts off of Fennin but snagged a Faceguard of Frenzy (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=21178). Pretty happy now.

derpcake
02-23-2017, 04:37 AM
In GoD onward everything will be 54-man cap on your raids btw Chest.

Did they ever fix the exploit where you bring an event to 5%, have most people drop the instance to avoid lockout, and finish it?

Can't imagine DBG doing it, but I've not kept track the last few years.

Bruno
02-23-2017, 07:30 AM
Did they ever fix the exploit where you bring an event to 5%, have most people drop the instance to avoid lockout, and finish it?

That seems like it would actually require thought and coding. Much easier to just ban.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 08:32 AM
PoP dropped on February 1st and BDA was flagged for Time on the 22nd, so that's basically 21 calendar days, which was only 13 scheduled raid days. I honestly would have been fine stretching things out so it took a full month to get to Time. The pace felt a bit frantic but I guess that's mostly because it was all brand new content for the majority of us.

I don't really get how people just compressed all that flagging into a 3-5 day span. It comes off as unhealthy.

derpcake
02-23-2017, 09:11 AM
That's called "Cascading" and its still possible I believe but its a bannable offense.

lmao, its only been in since PoP also

i don't think they'll ban for such a thing on eqlive, still have a character that benefited from MQ no-drop transfer, getting shield of ssrae on a lvl 15, leveled it up to 63, never got caught

so much for automated flagging

Daldaen
02-23-2017, 09:43 AM

Yes, in later instances. Funnily enough, Rogean's guild at the time was the one who ate a suspension for it (though plenty of guilds did it) for killing the Beast Bellow in Underfoot something like 10-20 times in one night. They would offtank the final boss at 0%, have 6 Alts stay in the instance while everyone else dropped, to keep it open and eat the lockout, then finish off the event.

I think their fix for it was to give anyone who entered the instance and then dropped, to still get a lock out regardless of whether they were in the instance or not at the time of the mobs death. But this wasn't applied to all instances. PoTime for example doesn't have this.

It's honestly way too much effort to do in most cases for another round of loot.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 09:45 AM
So what's the cap for each phase and optimal split amounts per phase?

Ella`Ella
02-23-2017, 09:52 AM
I don't know how to schedule raids now that we're doing 5.5 day lockouts now, also there's no loot lockouts and we can swap people between raids and things don't break?? I NEED AN ADULT

Scheduling raids in the Planes never really was your strong suit.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Are there any raids in PoP that let you put your guild hopping and front running skills to use? Would be a shame to see those attributes atrophy from lack of use.

Ella`Ella
02-23-2017, 10:28 AM
I've retired in the plane of justice.

Also, guild hopper - the guy that's followed one guild over the course of 4+ years?

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 10:36 AM
I've retired in the plane of justice.

Also, guild hopper - the guy that's followed one guild over the course of 4+ years?

BDA, splintering to FE to fight TMO, only to actually merge into TMO, only to blow up TMO from the inside, then to Aftermath allied with Taken, then to fighting Taken/Rampage which is now Awakened. So basically one guild I guess?

derpcake
02-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Yes, in later instances. Funnily enough, Rogean's guild at the time was the one who ate a suspension for it (though plenty of guilds did it) for killing the Beast Bellow in Underfoot something like 10-20 times in one night.

At some point I got Triality suspended, also got their guild leader (gnome necro) into trouble for indirectly admitting he was in charge of their exploits. Think he retired or got banned.

Dem shady bunch :)

Daldaen
02-23-2017, 10:56 AM
So what's the cap for each phase and optimal split amounts per phase?

P1 caps at 18 per trial
P2 caps at 36 in Air/Earth and Water/Fire, and caps at 18 in Undead
P3-6 your raid is merged

The typical PoTime strategy is to break your raid into three teams.

3 groups - Air/Earth
3 groups - Water/Fire
3 groups - Undead

Then have your last 3 groups AFK for 20-30min while you do the first trials.

Basically the Air/Earth time will beat the Air trial, have a wizard AE TL and everyone takes it or Evans to the graveyard, zones back into Time A and gather up at the Earth dial. Then when everyone is present and ready click into Earth. (Same for Fire/Water).

As far as how to split it up. Each trial will generally have 2-4 mobs active at a time that you need to tank. They're all slowable and most can be tanked by hybrids like Ranger/Beast. The Air/Earth trial you'll want 2 enchanters in. The Air/Earth and Fire/Water trials will each want a wizard for AE TL. The Undead trial you'll want your Paladins in for Slay.

Set one raid assist per team and split up in vent channels if you use voice chat.

Air Trial:

4 Phoenixes spawn, mix of mezzable/unmezzable. Mez whatever you can, and have the MA work through them one by one.

When the 4th Phoenix dies, 4 more phoenixes and the boss spawns. The two phoenixes located next to the boss are mezzable every time. The two phoenixes on the outside are not. So set up tank/mez assignments as the last Phoenix in the first wave dies and pick up everything once it spawns. Work through the tankable phoenixes, boss, then mezzable phoenixes. When the trial is clear AE TL out.

Earth Trial:

3 big rock dudes spawn. Slow and tank all of them. Kill one at a time. When each dies, 2-4 baby rock dudes spawn. The babies are mezzable. Mez the extras and work your way through the baby dudes until they're all dead.

Kill another big rock dude and repeat. Once you have killed 6 baby rock dudes, the boss will spawn. So you could kill each of the big rock dudes then have 2 babies spawn and kill those for a total of 6 and have the boss spawn... or you could kill 2 big rock dudes spawning 4 babies each, and that would leave you with 2 mezzed babies and 1 big rock dude.

Just plan to be offtanking a big rock dude and mezzing 1-2 babies while you kill the boss. This trial is really easy just slow.

Water Trial:

Boss and 2 trash spawn. Kill the trash and then get on the boss. 2ish times through the fight the boss will spawn 2 adds. One you can mez, one you must get off and kill. Repeat until boss is dead and then kill the mezzed adds.

TL out and head to fire.

Fire Trial:

3 mephits spawn. Slow and tank them, kill one at a time. Each time one dies two adds spawn. One will be mezzable and one won't be. Obviously mez and kill the other, then kill the mezzed one and repeat two more times.

Boss spawns. Mark of Kings the DS off the boss. Randomly he will spawn adds, sometimes mezzable sometimes not, just get DPS off him and kill the adds, then get back on him.

Undead Trial:

3 skeletons spawn. Slow and tank them, kill one at a time. When all are dead, 4 skeletons spawn. Kill them. Again when all of those die, 4 more skeletons spawn. Kill them. When this set dies the boss and 2 trash skeletons spawn. Kill the boss and offtank the adds then kill the adds.

----

When all 5 trials are down, some script will happen and the dials will unlock allowing you into Phase 2. For the Air/Earth and Fire/Water teams it would be advisable to invis and run to the back of Phase 2 (the next dial) and split the trash mobs to there.

These merged up trials allow 36 players so anyone sitting out can come into these trials through their respective click ins. Just have them invis their way to you.

Basically those merged Phase 2 trials are all the same. Sets of adds activate on a timer. Each side has a set of 2, then a set of 3 then a set of 4 + boss. You can split these and pull in only 2-3 at a time. Ideally you want to be pulling from each side as they are activating. So pull the 2 on air, then the 2 on earth side. Just so you don't clear out one side and have to split from 10 mobs on the other side. Really though this isn't hard at all, just a faceroll.

The undead trial in phase 2 is really just more of Phase 1. Kill shit, more shit spawns and eventually a boss spawns to kill.

----

After all of Phase 2 is clear have your raid invis and run to the back of Phase 2 at the portal. Then have your monks work on splitting the trash to pull to the portal. Basically don't get over half of the mobs per wave and you're good. The two bosses can be done simultaneously but 2 bosses and 8 trash is bad news. Repeat this for 8 waves.

The final wave of trash in Phase 3 (you will see all the grey con named disappear), it's one of the PoTorment model waves... make sure you move your raid out into the center of the area away from the portal before you kill the final mob. Otherwise you have 2 raid boss rockmen spawn on your raid.

Ella`Ella
02-23-2017, 11:42 AM
BDA, splintering to FE to fight TMO, only to actually merge into TMO, only to blow up TMO from the inside, then to Aftermath allied with Taken, then to fighting Taken/Rampage which is now Awakened. So basically one guild I guess?

FE splintering from BDA, taking your most loyal and devout members/officers weakening TMO to a point where I could infiltrate them from the inside with my loyal band of merry men and retired on top.

Later took an honorary Forsaken Officer title that was given to me out of respect, while a bidding war raged between the newly formed Aftermath and Rustle; both guilds then came to a compromise and let me tag on char in each guild.

Not a single guild hop.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 11:45 AM
FE splintering from BDA, taking your most loyal and devout members/officers
LOL

khanable
02-23-2017, 12:46 PM
I like that the flying vagina monsters call me a hero when transporting me into our personal pixel bubble.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 12:54 PM
I like that the flying vagina monsters call me a hero when transporting me into our personal pixel bubble.

Def a hero. Ding 800.

Daldaen
02-23-2017, 12:57 PM
I think I got 3 AAs from raid exp doing Fire/Earth A splits yesterday.

At this rate I should be good on AAs when GoD drops without much more grouping necessary $$$.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 01:16 PM
I think I got 3 AAs from raid exp doing Fire/Earth A splits yesterday.

At this rate I should be good on AAs when GoD drops without much more grouping necessary $$$.

I'm at 320 spent with almost 70 banked. I haven't decided if I want to dump 75 points into innate resists. Then it would be another 105 to do innate imminence. Yuck.

Daldaen
02-23-2017, 01:18 PM
Those are AAs you buy as you reach the cap I feel.

dafier
02-23-2017, 02:02 PM
IMO, innate resists can be skipped as long as the fights your going to prove that 15 extra resist isn't going to help much. Go with the latter.

dafier
02-23-2017, 02:03 PM
or is it 2 resist per AA? I can't remember. 30 total with norm + Adv?

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 02:05 PM
I haven't bought any tradeskill stuff, acrobatics, or lung capacity. Everything else is finished though (minus innate resists and spell resists) and I'm assuming the AAs will be flowing pretty hard in LDoN. Also Dald is right, you can easily get 2-4 AAs a night just from raiding.

dafier
02-23-2017, 02:15 PM
....damn ....

I wish I had time for Phinny.

I know that some classes really need those innate resists more than others and Monks are NOT a class that needs them due to bonuses they get in the first place. But, I was just saying. I'd get other AA stuff to min-max certain other things rather than resists if they aren't needed because you already do well in the end game.

xKoopa
02-23-2017, 02:38 PM
lmao, its only been in since PoP also

i don't think they'll ban for such a thing on eqlive, still have a character that benefited from MQ no-drop transfer, getting shield of ssrae on a lvl 15, leveled it up to 63, never got caught

so much for automated flagging

Did you throw a sword of truth on him? I had a war in ssra/vt gear and that sword lvl 1 and it was pure jokes how OP it was

Same thing with the bow/arrow from GoD that was unequippable without the plugin

khysanth
02-23-2017, 02:48 PM

nhdjoseywales
02-23-2017, 02:49 PM
or is it 2 resist per AA? I can't remember. 30 total with norm + Adv?

yes, 2 resists per aa

Kushie
02-23-2017, 04:16 PM
How long do plane of time raids take you guys? Curious as to the time commitment.

dafier
02-23-2017, 04:17 PM
yes, 2 resists per aa

On live I had all my resists AAs. And, thanks.

But, I did put the resists AAs on the back burner as long as I could.

Daldaen
02-23-2017, 04:22 PM
How long do plane of time raids take you guys? Curious as to the time commitment.

Uh... 3-4 hours? Maybe like 5 hours our first night with almost no level 65s?

You're alloted 1 hour per phase and 1 hour per god. I think 75 min for Phase 3 or something weird. But it's almost impossible to fail the timer at this point.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 06:05 PM
I AM FREE

http://i.imgur.com/h5IwAZh.gif

Kushie
02-23-2017, 10:08 PM
nicely gif'd

maskedmelonpai
02-23-2017, 11:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/h5IwAZh.gif

She have a neat hat. what that from? it look familiar...

Kushie
02-23-2017, 11:26 PM
Power Rangers duh

entruil
02-24-2017, 03:56 AM
I was answering someones question so by definition at least 1 person gives a fuck

Go back to your screenshare track for 16 hours for the same mob u were screenshare tracking for 16 hours a year ago. Everyone gives a fuck about that right?

fault!... point red!...

New serve!...

Bruno
02-24-2017, 08:57 AM
Grats on 800. It's all downhill from here on the road to 1k.

Grats me Whorl of Unnatural Forces
(http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=24195)

arsenalpow
02-24-2017, 09:08 AM
We're doing Time 4-6 tonight for the first time. Should be fun.

Bruno
02-24-2017, 09:55 AM
We're doing Time 4-6 tonight for the first time. Should be fun.

Once you get past Tallon Zek the rest is cake. That dude is no joke. Best advice I can give is coordinate Purify on the MT.

Daldaen
02-24-2017, 10:30 AM
Once you get past Tallon Zek the rest is cake. That dude is no joke. Best advice I can give is coordinate Purify on the MT.

Purify Tallon's Ballance so you can resist some spells on the MT. MT group needs a bard for Psalm of Veeshan's and maybe 1-2 Clerics for DArb to catch spikes. DIntervention also is key in a fight like this (bard can roll CHA song to cap out DI rolls). All your clerics should have a GINA trigger for "{s1} has been rescued by divine intervention" to know they need to have one person reapply DI and increase spot healing.

Bertox / CT you will want to coordinate some MGB Celestial Regen / Spirit of the Wood / Paragon of Spirit to keep up Raid HP. Ideally do these two fights first in Phase 5, so that your cooldowns have more time to refresh by the time you reach Quarm. Your first Slow may be slow enough that you can warrant this. Eventually you'll be clearing P5 and MGBs won't be up for Quarm so you will have to ration them.

On Quarm always pair up 1 Cler and 1 Beast or Druid MGB. The total 550 HP/Tick should counter any DoT you've got and the 3k DDs. Also it's worth hitting the entire raid with Tribunal/Seasons/Druzzil to raise all your Resists. Have a main bard pay attention to which AE pair Quarm is using and flip between Purifying/Elemental Chorus depending on which head Quarm is AEing for that 25%.

The level 65 HoT Potions are absolutely OP for Bertox/CT/Quarm fights. I think without them split raiding time would be way more challenging.

In other Phinigel news, finished up Aid Grimel last night $$$. Needa get a PoTime mana Pres item so I can swap out for the Melee version of the earring!

nhdjoseywales
02-24-2017, 10:47 AM
I grouped with some BDA last night in COD. At no time did anyone attempt to sacrifice me to chest. I feel you people have misrepresented these folks.

arsenalpow
02-24-2017, 11:21 AM
In typical BDA fashion we misplaced our odylic vial and were late doing Time yesterday trying to locate it. Someone forgot to hand it to the next person and just logged out.

Daldaen
02-24-2017, 11:26 AM
In typical BDA fashion we misplaced our odylic vial and were late doing Time yesterday trying to locate it. Someone forgot to hand it to the next person and just logged out.

Lol casuals!

Relbaic
02-24-2017, 11:41 AM
Oh, i have it. Someone handed it off to me at the end of the night and i just went to bed because nobody spoke up about needing it!

arsenalpow
02-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Oh, i have it. Someone handed it off to me at the end of the night and i just went to bed because nobody spoke up about needing it!

No I was taking about yesterday when Hash forgot to hand it off and someone had to log him in and find it.

Daldaen
02-24-2017, 03:19 PM
I don't think I've ever been in a guild where the Odylic didn't have a small period of time where it's location was questionable and concern was raised.

dafier
02-24-2017, 03:22 PM
OH NOVOS!

Fifield
02-24-2017, 03:32 PM
I grouped with some BDA last night in COD. At no time did anyone attempt to sacrifice me to chest. I feel you people have misrepresented these folks.

Hey that was me Naudee,

Your rogue is a beast, come group with my war/bst box more!

arsenalpow
02-24-2017, 03:37 PM
To be fair Fifield is immune to the koolaid. He thinks Detoxx is fine too, he's obviously mentally unstable.

khanable
02-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Fifield is the Fred Rogers of Everquest

Baler
02-24-2017, 07:23 PM
BDA ***ed and the name should be spit on.
The fact that these scumbags still post on p99 is disgraceful to everyone who plays p99.

maskedmelon
02-24-2017, 07:39 PM
I should get a fair amount of play time in this weekend and hope to have some dank* updates for everyone Monday. Maybe even Sunday if I find myself uncharacteristically ambitious (^^)q

*did i use that right?

Baler
02-24-2017, 08:05 PM
BDA got let off too easy by p99 staff.

Kushie
02-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Baler confirmed retarded

Baler
02-24-2017, 08:55 PM
are you kidding me?

This thread is like a pedophile rapist claiming he or she is innocent.

Kushie
02-24-2017, 09:05 PM
What does that have to do with you being retarded?

Ravager
02-24-2017, 09:56 PM
Baler is Swish and Finkle is Einhorn.

maskedmelon
02-24-2017, 10:02 PM
just want to let everyone know, things are off to a good start ^^ hitting my quest hard and makin' some progress!! should be 50 tomorrow EASY :3

/clapshappily

skarlorn
02-24-2017, 10:26 PM
you on phinny with the bda people now masked?

maskedmelon
02-24-2017, 10:35 PM
no, i just talking about my game that i playing. i understood this is now the non-p99-gaming thread, where people talk about non-p99-gaming things they do ^^

i not on phinny :3

this is me

http://i.imgur.com/eV7JVJR.png

(^. ~)v

mickmoranis
02-24-2017, 10:40 PM
Maskedmelon is the hero this thread deserves

Swish
02-24-2017, 11:05 PM
Baler is Swish and Finkle is Einhorn.

Ravager is mad and mad is Ravager... boom ;)

Honestly why would I need a 2nd account with 2000 posts on it? Baler is a good guy, unlike you and your angry posts.

Relbaic
02-25-2017, 12:29 AM
So Tallon hurts a lot.

nicemace
02-25-2017, 12:32 AM
1 second chain. spellshield rotation on tank. dps manages agro. purify tallon's balance. hes easy.

arsenalpow
02-25-2017, 12:36 AM
Can you split phases between days? Like could we do Saryrn and Terris on one day and then TZ & VZ the following day?

nicemace
02-25-2017, 12:38 AM
yes

booter
02-25-2017, 01:02 AM
Can you split phases between days? Like could we do Saryrn and Terris on one day and then TZ & VZ the following day?

Phase 1 --> Phase 4 TT/Saryrn does sound like a good spot to split the raid up into two days...

Kushie
02-25-2017, 02:39 AM
so pixel high rn

derpcake
02-25-2017, 09:49 AM
this thread reminds me how Mata Muram was the first real "your guildmate named X failed an emote, so i will fuck your raid up" mob

the social pressure it created during progression was harder to deal with then any raid mechanic before

Bruno
02-25-2017, 10:41 AM
Ravager is mad and mad is Ravager... boom ;)

Honestly why would I need a 2nd account with 2000 posts on it? Baler is a good guy, unlike you and your angry posts.

Baler pathetically nuthugs the biggest tool on these forums. You only like him because that's you. His mental state is quite questionable.

mr_jon3s
02-25-2017, 11:24 AM
Are there any mobs in the elemental planes an enchanter can charm other then the dire charmable ones?

Papa
02-25-2017, 04:04 PM
this page is p bad so far

nhdjoseywales
02-25-2017, 04:54 PM
Pretty sure someone was streaming in my split Friday so yeah, we def cascading while streaming.

Kushie
02-26-2017, 02:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/l94BrQM.jpg

Kushie is a playboy bunny

Bruno
02-26-2017, 02:52 AM
Did you guys down quarm?

fastboy21
02-26-2017, 03:09 AM
this page is p bad so far

I'm hoping this thread goes back to being entertaining in page 809.

entruil
02-26-2017, 03:21 AM
I'm hoping this thread goes back to being entertaining in page 809.

*Bad word song*
Trick Daddy - Back in the Days (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1LmDwgopo)

maskedmelon
02-26-2017, 12:17 PM
Well, it been a fantastic weekend so far ^^ I managed (with some help <3) to get L50 AND complete my quest already. Saved the world, watched the credits roll and am ready to take on new challenges. I also got a poofy hat and today purchased a matching jacket! Made a new friend and am looking at trying my hand at astrology or conjuration :3 We'll see... ^^ Anyway, her a pic of me in my new duds (^. ~)v

http://i.imgur.com/VdQ4tC5.png

how's everyone else's gaming going? anything new and cool? i'll try to post some sorta analysis of my stats sometime over the next week for everyone who enjoys boring stuff like that. hope everyone havin' fun adventuring and stuffs! \(^^)/

maskedmelon
02-26-2017, 01:33 PM
here me slaying some sorta fire demon. it is bad and i killed it

http://i.imgur.com/h6rplg7.jpg

i got a new hat too :3

khysanth
02-26-2017, 04:01 PM

Sweettouch
02-26-2017, 04:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/l94BrQM.jpg

Kushie is a playboy bunny

You dam slut,get all dem loots

Daldaen
02-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Are there any mobs in the elemental planes an enchanter can charm other then the dire charmable ones?

Any field 1 or lava pools blue con mob is charmable by an enchanter in PoFire. The jopals in the tunnel leading to C1 are also a common charm target.

Any blue con in depth 1 pools in PoWater are also charmable. From memory the piranhas and turtles hit the hardest of the mob types.

Nothing in PoEarth/Air is charmable other than the weak DC charm shit.

arsenalpow
02-27-2017, 09:01 AM
Horses from field1 are the best charm pets from my experience. Jopals like to break charm a lot and are fairly resistant from what I can tell. Your best option in Earth are those shitty armadillo splits.

I was messing around in earth this weekend and picked up my swarm pet weapon. It's a neat toy but doesn't even compare to gharn's which is two expansions old.

maskedmelon
02-27-2017, 09:54 AM
Well, overall was a super great weekend full of bunches of firsts; some better than others of course, but all around awesome! I unlocked a BUNCH of content and got a ne haircut too. Met a couple new people and spent some time awaiting out mutual fates. was pretty fun ^^ reminded me of classic camps a lot. Looking to finish unlocking more stuffs this week and maybe even try out pvp! oo! yeah, I unlocked that too (*^^*) can't wait to start building an armory of better years I REALLY wanna try out a few other classes, but having so much fun I can't find the time for it ^^ Anyway, happy Monday to everyone outside of classic Everquest!

Ravager
02-27-2017, 09:55 AM
I bet Troll was the sort of kid who threw temper tantrums when his parents bought the off-brand cereal instead of the kind that came with a prize in the box.

Daldaen
02-27-2017, 10:07 AM
I always used Jopals because they were the only pet you could feasibly get beyond Castle 1 for raid fights. But with continually camped C1, summon companion working on charmed pets and mighty Buff making charmed pets a nonoption against raid mobs... I can see other options popping up.

PoEarth and PoAir always blew though. So many mobs with annoying abilities, many flagged snare/root/mez/stun/charm immune.

PoTime raids tonight. Many pixels to obtain.

arsenalpow
02-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Based on my limited experience in Air is there even a viable xp spot? That whole zone feels like a death trap.

Daldaen
02-27-2017, 10:20 AM
Based on my limited experience in Air is there even a viable xp spot? That whole zone feels like a death trap.

Not really no.

The best argument you could make for an exp spot would be either the temples or maybe like the Stormrider island. But you have to either DA train away some of the shit to get there or kill a raid mob.

The zone is really a raid-only designed zone. What they really should've done was double the exp in PoAir to encourage you to deal with the difficult/annoying mechanics with a higher exp payout.

One of the most laughable examples of SOE's detachment from their playerbase is when they released a new set of hotzones and chose PoAir as the level 65 one. Lolololol

nhdjoseywales
02-27-2017, 11:09 AM
I always used Jopals because they were the only pet you could feasibly get beyond Castle 1 for raid fights. But with continually camped C1, summon companion working on charmed pets and mighty Buff making charmed pets a nonoption against raid mobs... I can see other options popping up.

PoEarth and PoAir always blew though. So many mobs with annoying abilities, many flagged snare/root/mez/stun/charm immune.

PoTime raids tonight. Many pixels to obtain.

Charm horse. Park horse at lev spot near c1. guard horse. run past c1. follow horse. horse warps to you. enjoy your horse at c2.

Daldaen
02-27-2017, 11:14 AM
Charm horse. Park horse at lev spot near c1. guard horse. run past c1. follow horse. horse warps to you. enjoy your horse at c2.

Yes I know, but that's a recent Live change to how pets follow. I was talking about how I used to do it on Al'Kabor with its ghetto code base.

nhdjoseywales
02-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Yes I know, but that's a recent Live change to how pets follow. I was talking about how I used to do it on Al'Kabor with its ghetto code base.

/shrugs
I just know its been that way on phinny since launch, its how we got charm pets from island to island in sky

maskedmelonpai
02-27-2017, 12:10 PM
it ok to be wrong every now an the , Dald. you already know more about EQ than the rest of humanity combined ^^ i would t let this bother you ^^

Fifield
02-27-2017, 12:45 PM
I got myself put into perspective this morning,
was at the charm group in C2, killin it, ench had to go so we got a dps rep and the ol dwarf warrior had to step up. Holy frick those mobs wrecked me.

All this hype over the years of PoP being a great expansion have been true. Having spots like these to level in that require good gear or a good group and not just GE to farm in like luclin had. Pretty good times over at phinny for those noobs like me who never played EQ or even veterans like Daldain the Brain.

Daldaen
02-27-2017, 02:34 PM
C2 was notoriously one of the most difficult camps for a solid full group.

I'd also suggest PoWater depth three (near Ofossaa), with the Regrua and Hraqui. They drop all the components for PoWater bows which is quite nice as bonus loot. The mob level and exp return is equivalent, just most people hate Water.

Just wait for GoD Fifepal! The group Ikkinz trials are some of the best top-end group content the game ever offered. You needed 6 guys at level 65 with solid AAs to have any chance to succeed at these trials. Plus there are some good scripted fights in the trials so you actually have to be tactful about how you approach some like Ikki2 the Twins one where you have to engage 2 level 68 boss that both summon simultaneously with your group of 6. The loot also warrants the effort though. Which is great because too often games make some challenging content and the it's just not worth your time because there's easier loot to have.

Even just the Tipt trial is amazing. Not as difficult as the Ikkinz ones or the Qvic M'shas but still there is a little thought you need to put into beating each event rather than just a pure faceroll.

We still haven't grouped though! Perhaps some time this weekend maybe? I'm down for most of the upper tier Planes stuff.

Baler
02-27-2017, 02:43 PM
Advertising another server in server chat is against the rules.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2476897&postcount=6

Daldaen
02-27-2017, 02:49 PM
Advertising another server in server chat is against the rules.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2476897&postcount=6

Post asked about arbitrary EQ goals.

Not arbitrary P99 goals.

Baler
02-27-2017, 02:51 PM
Post asked about arbitrary EQ goals.

Not arbitrary P99 goals.

Are you condoning breaking the forum rules?

Daldaen
02-27-2017, 02:54 PM
No, I'm merely commenting on the fact that that thread was an query to classic EverQuest players about their arbitrary goals, which Chest answered.

No forum rules were broken here friend. I look forward to hearing more about Chest's arbitrary EQ goals.

Fifield
02-27-2017, 02:56 PM
Don't be dumb baler

Baler
02-27-2017, 02:58 PM
Server Chat (29 Viewing)
General discussion related to Project 1999 and classic Everquest.

It is okay to talk about other servers and games in off topic.

Baler
02-27-2017, 03:01 PM
jcr4990 trying to cover up the situation by attacking me.

Chest broke the forum rules. I'm not a dick so I didn't petition it.

But you bda crew need to keep in your own backyard.

Fifield
02-27-2017, 03:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/H4QJuhb.png

dat hammer...

I am digging the effects on the weapons in PoP

Daldaen
02-27-2017, 03:04 PM
It is okay to talk about other servers and games in off topic.

Server Chat (29 Viewing)
General discussion related to Project 1999 and classic Everquest.

What Chest talks about is quite classic EverQuest. Most people consider PoP the pinnacle of classic EQ. So classic chat will continue in those forums as long as it's classic chat.

Getting stuck on Tallon Zek and looking to push for Quarm is a quintessential PoP Classic raiding experience.

arsenalpow
02-27-2017, 03:09 PM
Are you condoning breaking the forum rules?

I'm condoning you keep my name outcha mouf

Nibblewitz
02-27-2017, 03:15 PM
DBG reigns over this project.

If anything, the people paying DBG subscriptions have more privilege on these forums than the rest of you.

arsenalpow
02-27-2017, 03:16 PM
A fine point SaltMonger

nhdjoseywales
02-27-2017, 03:44 PM
I got myself put into perspective this morning,
was at the charm group in C2, killin it, ench had to go so we got a dps rep and the ol dwarf warrior had to step up. Holy frick those mobs wrecked me.

All this hype over the years of PoP being a great expansion have been true. Having spots like these to level in that require good gear or a good group and not just GE to farm in like luclin had. Pretty good times over at phinny for those noobs like me who never played EQ or even veterans like Daldain the Brain.

Sorta glad to hear this in a weird way. I was on my cleric there this weekend and had an IVAS SK tanking and first mob I thought starting ch at 50 was gonna be ok but nope, dead tank. Lil bit later a 75 percent CH still didn't land in time. I thought I was just sucking cuz I don't really play my cleric much but other than being a lil slow to divine arb I think c2 just wrecks face when the mobs get a lucky round in.

Fifield
02-27-2017, 04:03 PM
Another good way of doing C2 or fire in general, is just get 6 dps and do a kite group. Have a bst or something for backup heals and just star chain pulling. Little more work for the kiter, just dont invite melee unless they dont mind chasing mobs.

Necros are pretty sweet for this.

Erati
02-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Daldaen has still provided me with the best xp in PoP. I promise you no one on here has had this good of xp.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Daldaen
02-27-2017, 04:34 PM
Daldaen has still provided me with the best xp in PoP. I promise you no one on here has had this good of xp.

Had some people complain about the lag of that pull though. And lately with the 50 people in each pick of PoFire definitely doesn't help the case.

Though I would like to get back to this soon. Needa get core AAs bought out so I can debate about getting defensive stuff or just banking for GoD.

dafier
02-27-2017, 04:58 PM
Level 70 mage pets.....

/drool

Ella`Ella
02-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Another good way of doing C2 or fire in general, is just get 6 dps and do a kite group. Have a bst or something for backup heals and just star chain pulling. Little more work for the kiter, just dont invite melee unless they dont mind chasing mobs.

Necros are pretty sweet for this.

Best way to do C2 is with an enchanter pet. Enchanter charms a fiery steed (most HP of all charmable pets, hits for the most, 721) from Field 1 and guard/follow warps it to C2. Pet tanks - worthless to try and even pull aggro from pet.

Group Construct -
Shaman
Cleric
Enchanter
Ranger
Monk (or second ranger)
Warrior

Warrior will only be for offtanking when pet breaks. Shaman and Ranger keep the pet Malo/Snared.

Ranger or Monk can chain pull (ranger can kite adds if too many).

Man0warr
02-27-2017, 05:50 PM
We did a Bard/2x Necro/3x Mage group yesterday in C2. Bard pulling/manasong, Necro's snaring/kiting, lots of pets and dots and nukes.

Wasn't as good as Beastlord/Ench/Ench/Cleric/Ranger/Paladin group though.

Erati
02-27-2017, 05:53 PM
git outta mah camp BDAs!

Daldaen
02-27-2017, 06:09 PM
Those field one mobs randomly are immune to Snare which is annoying though.

I sold some PoFire Plate armor for 1 Krono each yesterday. I love being able to use tradeskills to make money. EQ at its pinnacle for sure. But damn GoD has some great content as well. Even the LDoN raids that are coming soon should be good fun! Gotta save up for that Anomalous Rock of Alteration $$$$.

Ella`Ella
02-27-2017, 06:28 PM
Those field one mobs randomly are immune to Snare which is annoying though.

I forgot about this, it's true. I've been the enchanter about a dozen times at C2 and just recently experienced my first steed being immune to run-speed changes. Rare en

Nibblewitz
02-27-2017, 08:05 PM
exploits are classic

Papa
02-27-2017, 08:25 PM
Prolly for the best. Seems like u need xp more than I do. Also scoreboard. Nobody cares who had a higher score at half time.

actually nobody cares at all except ogc and aos

Kushie
02-27-2017, 08:46 PM
I'd have 1,109 posts in this thread like Trollololol if Sirken didn't censor me

Mistle
02-27-2017, 09:21 PM
I think the moral of the story is just don't group anywhere in PoP without an enchanter. Period. You want fast xp don't invite any other scrub classes until you have one.

It's not just PoP man. It's been like that from day one. Not just fast experience, it's an entirely different game when there's an enchanter in the group. P99 is nothing like that, yeah it's better but its fine without one too. Without an enchanter on Phinny, you might as well just drop the group spend another hour lfg or lfm until you get a group that has one (or more!), because you'll still come out way ahead in the end doing that.

It honestly above all else drove me away from leveling on Phinny the first time around. The feeling of trying to level when you don't get an enchanter.

nostalgiaquest
02-27-2017, 09:31 PM
The sexual tension in this thread is so thick you could spread it on a bagel.

Sweettouch
02-27-2017, 09:48 PM
Bragging about instanced server shit this hard? God dam and people think I'm crazy

Ella`Ella
02-28-2017, 12:56 AM
I think the moral of the story is just don't group anywhere in PoP without an enchanter. Period. You want fast xp don't invite any other scrub classes until you have one.

Why would I, one of the top three enchanters on the server, want to pug, though? I can solo all of jopal island day in and day out and rack in an AA every 20 mins or so if I'm not in a guild group?

If you're not guilded with enchanters looking to share their time, redguides your account - you've stalled out and there is nothing left in PoP for you to do after signet grinding.

Ella`Ella
02-28-2017, 10:43 AM
I can't wait to hear what metrics you're using to determine this

Raw skill. I am able to react to a pet break and click Command of Druzzil faster than any other enchanter. Don't even use GINA, mofukka.

Daldaen
02-28-2017, 10:43 AM
Timeless BP and 20% Mana pres CT Mask last night.

Such pixels. Many wow. Quarm/EPs tonight nomnomnom.

Daldaen
02-28-2017, 12:34 PM
Real gangsters box multiple charmers.

khysanth
02-28-2017, 12:48 PM

Ella`Ella
02-28-2017, 01:00 PM
LOL yeah def sounds like you're top 3 :P Charm pets quadding for 500+ in some cases 800+ and you go straight for re-charm when it breaks and skip Word of Morell all together? That's pretty gangster I guess

Why would I need Word of Morrell loaded all the time when I am soloing? I have maxed elrich rune for quick rune during an "Oh shit" moment, keep Rune of Zeb and Arcane loaded and on at all times + Heal pots. Plus, with innate run maxed, you can put distance between yourself (if you're not mounted for some reason).

Also, unless you're sitting on top of you pet at all times like a derp and not have it guarded/attacking a considerable distance away, you don't need to worry about it. Granted I keep morrell loaded most the time, but more often than not I find myself not needing it.

If you're thinking that because I probably have several mobs on me at once, while sometimes I may, most of them are mez'd with bliss, tash'd and slowed. No reason to keep extra mobs beating on your pet.

Also, something most enchanters overlook is the benefit (and the fact that it actually works on phinny) of AC. Immediately go for your Combat stability AAs, and keep your AC/HP items stacked. So many people chasing mana and int items which is silly. You can easily cap FT with simple group or 14man raid items and as an enchanter, you're never going to run out of mana anyways. A dead enchanter can't cast spells.

Daldaen
02-28-2017, 01:11 PM
Used to be all about that Affliction Haste IV item (basically the Ceramic Skull). But is appears they changed that line of focii on Live to not work on charms and slows anymore.

Enchanters with high AC Shield is great. Also the 40% mana Pres focus for self buffs (Arcane Rune) is awesome but basically just comes from the Mini AHR Robe and from the boots off the golden splitter in Arlyxir's wing. But that was mostly for WotW tanking.

Chanters are great up until KodTaz. Then everything is immune to charm and sad days return. I don't recall the next time you're able to charm in a top tier exp zone. Riftseekers is all too high, pretty sure Dreadspire is too, DoN/PoR was mostly useless, TSS/Ashengate was all too high I think. Maybe Crystallos is next time a top zone can be charm soloed by a chanter?

Relbaic
03-01-2017, 12:32 AM
Did Xegony the real way tonight, was much more fun than just running everything around!